ROM Hack [Release] Gen 1 Pokemon VC wild encounter DV NTR Overlay

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this list. Best I could see was how the hp bar is drawn different on the party menu vs the battle screen and trying to detect that maybe.

so d057 is the location in the game boys ram not the hex we are looking for so we just need to convert it to the 3ds's ram somehow

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so d057 is the location in the game boys ram not the hex we are looking for so we just need to convert it to the 3ds's ram somehow

If those values for different states are correct it shouldn't be to hard to search for it looks like a signed 8 bit due to the possible -1

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If those values for different states are correct it shouldn't be to hard to search for it looks like a signed 8 bit due to the possible -1
found it !!!!!!

0892FD7F(Pokemon blue) in battle 01 out of battle 000

from here on out its just logic to convert the digits from gameboy ram to 3ds

CFF1 = 0892FD19 and im looking for D057 as the difference is 101 therefore 0892FD7F = D057 and i was correct 00 out of wild battle and 01 in wild battle

Last edited by Veund,

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
found it !!!!!!

CFF1 = 0892FD19 and im looking for D057 as the difference is 101 therefore 0892FD7F = D057 and i was correct 00 out of wild battle and 01 in wild battle

Good work, I tested it out and it was correct 0 out of battle / 1 in a wild battle / 2 in a trainer battle

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found it !!!!!!

Find anything for the Pokémon status menu? I'll be testing these new things out tomorrow on my day off. Also, I wonder if this value exists in G/S/C as well.

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find anything for the Pokémon status menu? I'll be testing these new things out tomorrow on my day off. Also, I wonder if this value exists in G/S/C as well.
i cant help with the G/S/C(right now) stuff but we have to be able to do something in the cc26-cc35 range i can try and locate the cia files for the g/s/c stuff

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant help with the G/S/C(right now) stuff but we have to be able to do something in the cc26-cc35 range i can try and locate the cia files for the g/s/c stuff
@shadowofdarkness I have tested the battle detection. I have it working on red, blue and yellow. The overlay will display as soon as the battle begins, but disappears after you throw out your Pokémon. So you can only see it until you press A at the "A wild ____ has appeared!". Once A is pressed and you throw your Pokémon out it will disappear. I'm not sure if this is a change we would like to implement. Opinion?

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@shadowofdarkness I have tested the battle detection. I have it working on red, blue and yellow. The overlay will display as soon as the battle begins, but disappears after you throw out your Pokémon. So you can only see it until you press A at the "A wild ____ has appeared!". Once A is pressed and you throw your Pokémon out it will disappear. I'm not sure if this is a change we would like to implement. Opinion?

It sounds good in theory but I would like a option to have it always on if desired.

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g
It sounds good in theory but I would like a option to have it always on if desired.
agreed so it goes away after you press "a" after "a wild ___ has appeared" ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it a tad easy to miss?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

g
agreed so it goes away after you press "a" after "a wild ___ has appeared" ?

is it a tad easy to miss?
No, it's not easy to miss, as it shows as soon as the random encounter starts flashing the screen and stays there until you press A to continue the dialog. However I have made an adjustment so that it will auto display at the start of the battle and then if you wish to make it appear again you can press L. All we need now is to find a similar offset in gen2.

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not easy to miss, as it shows as soon as the random encounter starts flashing the screen and stays there until you press A to continue the dialog. However I have made an adjustment so that it will auto display at the start of the battle and then if you wish to make it appear again you can press L. All we need now is to find a similar offset in gen2.
ok so is there a gen 2 ram map if so i can find it well easier along as i can get the cia's, i only have my own personal inject of crystal

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found that Gold uses the exact same offsets as Silver you could just rename the variables to something like __dvgsw to represent both games and make the version check a OR for those two.

The version check for Gold is 0x475F

@Veund this map would be for Gold & SIlver http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver:RAM_map Then just need to find a Crystal one

A quick version that does all the games.

Attachments

• DV_Calc.zip
    492.4 KB · Views: 163

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that Gold uses the exact same offsets as Silver you could just rename the variables to something like __dvgsw to represent both games and make the version check a OR for those two.

@Veund this map would be for Gold & SIlver http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver:RAM_map Then just need to find a Crystal one

I found the battle offsets for g/s/c. It works better than R/B/Y as the overlay stays on screen the whole battle. I think I know why and can fix that for R/B/Y too. Testing and will have a build for it out in a bit.

@Veund @shadowofdarkness Please test this version out. The Wild encounter overlay should appear at the start of battle and then disappear when battle ends on all versions.

Attachments

• DV_Calc.zip
    492.5 KB · Views: 195

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I found the battle offsets for g/s/c. It works better than R/B/Y as the overlay stays on screen the whole battle. I think I know why and can fix that for R/B/Y too. Testing and will have a build for it out in a bit.

@Veund @shadowofdarkness Please test this version out. The Wild encounter overlay should appear at the start of battle and then disappear when battle ends on all versions.

D22D -- Battle type (01 is wild, 02 is trainer) ? crystal?

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@AnalogMan I just tested your newest version with Silver and I do like how it works. The only use case that seems to be a problem is having it open on its own like that is if you already have another one open it lags the game at least on a O3DS. Maybe it would be possible to have it temporarily close any other overlay and at the end of the battle restore and that had been open beforehand.

Good for when I accidentally step into grass when breeding. Which I had just left the egg overlay on rather then constantly turning it on and off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.