Homebrew [RELEASE] Gamecard Dumper

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does decrypt9wip let you dump a cart to a cia using only your 3DS, no PC needed? Because it was my understanding you had to dump the cart as a decrypted rom, copy it to your computer to convert it to cia format, and then copy the converted cia back.
The most recent update of Decrypt9 added cartridge dumping features, the homebrew in the OP is simply that exact menu taken from Decrypt9's source and built as a standalone app.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So with this you're able to dump your game cartridges into .CIAs? (I'm a noob at this scene)
Yes, you just put the cartridge into your 3DS and it directly create an installabe CIA of it. It is just a stripped down version of Decrypt9WIP with only dumping features

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Does decrypt9wip let you dump a cart to a cia using only your 3DS, no PC needed? Because it was my understanding you had to dump the cart as a decrypted rom, copy it to your computer to convert it to cia format, and then copy the converted cia back.
It NOW does allow you to without a PC.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While derivative works are not discouraged, you actually added nothing new, @TheGreek Boy.

On top of that everyone should keep in mind that parts of the cart dumper are still very much work in progress (basically everything DS related) and improvements are still coming, which you will have difficulties to keep up with.

That being said, everyone has to start somewhere, and you might work from where you are now. I myself took the D9 source code from Archshift, starting with some very simple modifications, and look where it is now. :)

@TheGreek Boy you still have to release the source code, this is GPL'd.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is it with you people and not wanting to release source? I hate the GPL too but once you're under its clutches you gotta comply man.
I'd recommend reading the code and reimplementing it yourself.
Why lot of people does hate the GPL? Because of his restriction? Personally,I love the GPL for this point too.

Also,as @d0k3 and @Wolfvak say,you must really change the software to claim that you contributed to it. In that case (I'm not sure,I'll verify later) I think you just deleted non⁻needed function and redone menu,things that EVERYONE can do.

raffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is Gamecard Dumper it can :

-Dump 3DS Card (full)
-Dump 3DS Card (trim)
-Dump & Decrypt 3DS Card (full)
-Dump & Decrypt 3DS Card (trim)
-Dump 3DS Card to CIA
-Dump DS/DSi Card (full)
-Dump DS/DSi Card (trim)
-Dump 3DS Card Private Header

hs3qrbX.png

Created from decrypt9's source code and it's only for a9lh
It isn't something special but is my first homebrew

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

can you run this in browser hax?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Why lot of people does hate the GPL? Because of his restriction? Personally,I love the GPL for this point too.
Also, why do people hate the GPL so much?
People dislike it for semantic reasons. Anything released under the GPL must be open source, and any code used from the parent source must also remain open. People dislike this because it isn't actual freedom. Some people feel they should be able to do whatever they'd like with code provided certain credits are retained, which I agree with especially when it comes to scenarios like this thread. Since this is directly taken from D9 with technically no changes whatsoever it's kinda silly to release the source, but due to D9 being under the GPL, this project must be open source.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Swiftloke

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People dislike it for semantic reasons. Anything released under the GPL must be open source, and any code used from the parent source must also remain open. People dislike this because it isn't actual freedom. Some people feel they should be able to do whatever they'd like with code provided certain credits are retained, which I agree with especially when it comes to scenarios like this thread. Since this is directly taken from D9 with technically no changes whatsoever it's kinda silly to release the source, but due to D9 being under the GPL, this project must be open source.
Personally,it is not a reason at all :P.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I can't do that (but I'm learning, I'll figure it out eventually :P)
Also, why do people hate the GPL so much?
GPL enforces freedom for the users of the code, other licenses like BSD ensure freedom for the developers. As a point where GPL can be a nuisance, look towards SDKs like Oculus' HMD SDK or other SDKs specific to certain devices. Several games and projects licensed under GPL cannot legally interface with Oculus' SDK because it is not GPL compatible, and for a while it simply meant that you couldn't make those things work with the Rift at all (or you violated GPL like the people who made the Rift work with dolphin). OpenJK had a big quarrel over this here since the project was licensed under (I believe) GPLv3 partially due to being derived from Quake 3 which was also licensed under GPL. You can often get away with linking GPL things to non-GPL-compatible libraries anyhow (especially if it's purely for personal use and you don't release it), but you're still technically breaching license.

Other licenses give you more freedom in what you do with your project, and often times it's better to not use GPL in some places, like with ctrulib. If ctrulib were licensed under GPL, any and all 3dsx files would be required to be GPL, which takes away the freedom of developers. You also have things like LGPL which enforces that any changes to the project have their source released, but it can still link against projects which are closed source or non-GPL. My general rule of thumb is that if it's a library (or if you want to link against obscure libraries), do LGPL or other more free licenses, if it's a tool do GPL because with tools it's always better to have the code open and improved publicly, if it's a game it really doesn't matter but source code is nice.

Savvasf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there a way to inject roms into a gamecard?If dumping is possible why not Inject?I'd really like to inject acnl to a useless gamecard of mine to give it to my friend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof