ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a linked nnid on your 3ds DLC's will disappear when you enter the e-Shop but if you don't have one linked then DLC's will stay there even if you enter the e-Shop.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had a weird thing happen with this. I decided to grab the Final Fantasy Curtain Call DLCs (titleid 0004008c000fd500), and while it grabbed them all (all 164 of them) just fine, when it went to call make_cdn_cia.exe, that crashed (no error, just the normal "send don't send report" error thing from windows). It then said "CIA Created OK!" but clearly it wasn't because the result was 0 bytes.

I've heard something about a CIA only being able to have 100 entries at once or something, maybe for things like this it'd be advisable to split them up?

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had a weird thing happen with this. I decided to grab the Final Fantasy Curtain Call DLCs (titleid 0004008c000fd500), and while it grabbed them all (all 164 of them) just fine, when it went to call make_cdn_cia.exe, that crashed (no error, just the normal "send don't send report" error thing from windows). It then said "CIA Created OK!" but clearly it wasn't because the result was 0 bytes.

I've heard something about a CIA only being able to have 100 entries at once or something, maybe for things like this it'd be advisable to split them up?
The make_cdn_cia build provided with FunKeyCIA is an old one, the updated version has been uploaded here many times and it works fine with large content amounts.

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is again for anyone that needs it and cant find it:

Attachments

• make_cdn_cia.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 284

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

cias can have loads of contents, i have seen a game with 700+ files, and themes have that too.
build the newer makecdncia

you guys alreday helped, thanks

Last edited by cearp,

TehBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to know what ticket gets installed when you install a particular CIA? I have run into an issue where I get an error message at 99% when trying to download Majora's Mask from the eshop and I think it might be from a previous CIA I installed of it. Even when installing a ticket for that game from FunKeyCIA I still get the error so I would like to delete the old ticket the CIA installed.

I'm just assuming that is what's causing the issue so if someone knows what else the issue could be I'd appreciate any help.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is there a way to know what ticket gets installed when you install a particular CIA? I have run into an issue where I get an error message at 99% when trying to download Majora's Mask from the eshop and I think it might be from a previous CIA I installed of it. Even when installing a ticket for that game from FunKeyCIA I still get the error so I would like to delete the old ticket the CIA installed.

I'm just assuming that is what's causing the issue but if someone has any idea what else the issue could be I'd appreciate any help.
the ticket is actually in the cia. but yes, if there is a preexisting BAD ticket in your system, that will give you problems.
use FBI and delete the ticket. i never tried it myself but people say it works great :)

TehBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ticket is actually in the cia. but yes, if there is a preexisting BAD ticket in your system, that will give you problems.
use FBI and delete the ticket. i never tried it myself but people say it works great :)
Thanks for the response.

Since the ticket is in the CIA is it possible to extract the ticket from the CIA so I can see which ticket I should delete? Or maybe some other way of finding out?

I noticed some tickets had 8 zeros after the initial "0004" part of the ticket and a few had 9 zeroes. Would that be a good place to start? I noticed the most zeroes any game in the database has is 7 zeroes.

EDIT: Didn't realize that bad tickets have the same name as good tickets. Everything is good now after deleting the bad ticket and installing a good ticket.

Last edited by TehBravo,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay