ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There seems to be an issue with make_cdn_cia too. I tried creating cia's for the Themes and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call dlc of which I own keys from.

It funkeycia downloads the content correctly but generates and 0byte cia file on both windows and mac. the title IDs are 0004008c000fd500 and 0004008c00008f00. they both have a lot of content files.

on my mac make_cnd_cia throws an "Floating point exception: 8" error.
yes, there is a newer version of makecdncai, i have a compiled build for mac i can share in 12 hours.
with lots of content files, the old makecdncia (the one i included) can go bad :)
don't worry about it

ballcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noice, finally got it to work! Was able to compile a "fixed" Decrypt9 based on the suggestions of others in this thread. I have successfully re-encrypted a title key, pass it through the tool, download/create the CIA, and install that CIA. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Reactions: cearp

uherrera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noice, finally got it to work! Was able to compile a "fixed" Decrypt9 based on the suggestions of others in this thread. I have successfully re-encrypted a title key, pass it through the tool, download/create the CIA, and install that CIA. Thank you so much for sharing this!
I've had mixed results. It seems to be that games that I had already installed before using a "bad" cia are giving me cert errors, but games that I try for the first time work fine.

I tried the same cia on 2 different 3DSs and it worked on the 3ds that I had never installed the bad cia on.

Is there a way to unregister the bad cias from my title lists?

Edit: Confirmed this the was issue. Fixed it by deleting the ticket using the latest version of FBI as recommended by Drethin.

Last edited by uherrera,

Drethin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This worked, I deleted the ticket and tried the CIA again. It installed correctly.

Did you "fix" Decrypt9 to get it to work? If so how do I compile it once I've downloaded the source and made the change? I've been poking around for a while and can't seem to figure it out.

Cindakil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There's no need to decrypt the contents. DecTitleKey.bin from D9 already contains the decrypted contents from title.db. However the process of re-encrypting them is decrypting them a 2nd time, then encrypting the result, causing the issue.

Credit goes to @shinji257 for finding it.

Anyways the easiest way to fix it is to edit line 24 in titlekey.c and change AES_CNT_TITLEKEY_DECRYPT_MODE to AES_CNT_TITLEKEY_ENCRYPT_MODE

This however breaks the decryption function.

Thanks a lot for that solution.
Can someone upload a fixed version of Decrypt9WIP? I dont know how to compile it :(

And another question... Once we have the enctitlekeys? How can we see the Keys for each title id?

Thanks for all

uherrera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for that solution.
Can someone upload a fixed version of Decrypt9WIP? I dont know how to compile it :(

And another question... Once we have the enctitlekeys? How can we see the Keys for each title id?

Thanks for all
you can rename the encTitleKeys file to decTitleKeys and get the list using PlaiCDN's checkbin option.

Last edited by uherrera,

Cindakil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i got my encTitleKeys.bin
How do i get my Keys out of this now ? I don't find any Option for that in Decrypt9 any advice ?

D

Deleted User

So i got my encTitleKeys.bin
How do i get my Keys out of this now ? I don't find any Option for that in Decrypt9 any advice ?

Open a hex editor, search for the title ID.
The following 16 bytes are the title key.
And the Last question... If I install these New "legit" cias, we need al updates seeddb.bin or its unnecessary?

If you generate a CIA that required a seeddb.bin to decrypt, it will generate a CIA that requires you to visit the e-shop to fix as these are non-cryptofixed CIA's.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm not using a ticketdb though i just have my encTitleKeys.bin file and it has multiple Titles in it
Ooh oh yeah, recommend to dump your ticket.db with decrypt9, if they are your keys. If not, wait for me or someone else to make a script to show them in plain text, or use the bin file in FunKeyCIA

Drethin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's a script that should take an encTitleKey.bin show it in plain text, I don't really know python so good luck I guess? I think it needs python 3.

Attachments

• enc2Text.zip
    361 bytes · Views: 141
Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: