Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, I have a doubt. Why isn't the new games, like Trio of Towns, appearing on the freeshop? Do I have to update something? I'm still on the 11.2 firmware.
Someone has to buy the game from the eShop, extract the title keys, upload the title keys to the title keys site, and wait for the guy who made the title keys site to confirm that the title key is correct and do what he needs to do. Then freeShop needs to update the cache to display the game. You're better off getting it from that iso site. Also, your current firmware version doesn't matter at all.

Roquissas

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone has to buy the game from the eShop, extract the title keys, upload the title keys to the title keys site, and wait for the guy who made the title keys site to confirm that the title key is correct and do what he needs to do. Then freeShop needs to update the cache to display the game. You're better off getting it from that iso site. Also, your current firmware version doesn't matter at all.

Oh, I get it now. Thank you so much

pinchez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only just started using Freeshop today, download a couple of tittles and everything worked great so cued a few more titles up and downloaded them. After they finished I noticed the little joypad icon and discovered you can download updates and dlc so started doing this for the tittles I've already downloaded, did about 11 then it froze and I can't do anything so just left it as is and didn't power down.

Is this a big problem, will it sort itself out or will I have to power down and re-download the updates etc?

pcs3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
VljLxOM.png
s3Y2DDd.png

https://freeshop.pw

Source: https://notabug.org/btucker/freeShop

This is homebrew software designed to imitate Nintendo's eShop. It allows you to browse and search games, and download ones you own (i.e. games for which you have the titlekey).

Usage:
1. Install the CIA file on your CFW of choice (preferably one removing region restrictions). Do NOT ask about CFW issues in this thread.
2. Put an encTitleKeys.bin file in the directory sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/ or go to update settings in freeShop and add a URL to auto-download (recommended).
3. Launch freeShop and enjoy.

This is perhaps over-simplified. I'll be more thorough later. This is mostly for linux, building on Windows will be difficult.

1. Install devkitARM, including ctrulib and citro3d.

2. Build cpp3ds. This script shows how to build it on ubuntu. This includes downloading precompiled portlibs/tools. (if you use Arch it's on AUR)

3. Set CPP3DS env variable to the dir with cpp3ds build (containing lib/include dirs)

4. Build/install libarchive (to portlibs dir) and freeShop as detailed in this script.

FAQs

Q: Do I need a CFW for this?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there a 3dsx version?
A: No, and with the elevated permissions needed, it's not worth the trouble.

Q: Why are games missing? They're on the eShop.
A: It only shows games for which you have the title key (dumped to encTitleKeys.bin). And even then some games won't show because they're not cached server-side (this will eventually change).

Q: Why does freeShop show DLC as installed when I don't have it?
A: All DLC is lumped together with the same title id, so even partial installs will show it as installed. If you're missing DLC, just delete it and reinstall it. If eShop partially installed it, or you previously purchased some DLC through eShop on that console, you may lose the DLC freeShop installs when you revisit eShop. This is currently unavoidable.

Q: Can freeShop download while sleeping?
A: Not yet. It's currently unknown how to go into sleep mode without interrupting network services.

Q: Can I download games of any region?
A: Depends on your CFW. Most of them allow it, including the popular Luma3DS.

Q: Is this safe? Will I get banned/sued for using this?
A: Even modding your console's software/firmware runs legal risks. But like running freeShop, the risk is minimal. If you make sure to only install games you've purchased, then you remain in a safer legal grey area. And there is no way for Nintendo to know which client IP owns which games. That would requires some analytic guesswork, potentially resulting in many false-positive bans. Not likely to happen and none have been reported.

Q: Why don't I have any friends?
A: You should get out more.

Troubleshooting

I keep getting "Failed to install seed" errors.
You likely have a FW version < 9.6 and therefore cannot play newer games that utilize crypto seeds. You can fix this with a FW update.

I keep getting "Wrong title key" errors.
You're probably not using correct encrypted keys (encTitleKeys.bin). Decrypted keys will give this error.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize TMD install: 0xC86044D2".
The system is reporting that you don't have enough space on your SD card to install the game. If it's a DSiWare game, then it's your NAND that doesn't have the space.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize content install: 0xD8E08025".
There are many possible reasons for this. But one known diagnosis is a possible SD card problem. For example, a fake SD card who is reporting space available while it's actually full will often give this error. Double-check your SD card.

I get error code 0xD8A08004
This happens with the installation state gets screwed up. You have to reboot the console to get rid of it. If you consistently get this, report how so the bug can be fixed.

@TheCruel, could you check your github next time you have the chance?

cadrian96

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey im new here so hello all! First of all, amazing work!

But i have a question. I have tried downloading the Mii Plaza DLC and it has worked...all features unlocked. But after testing it i decided i want to buy that DLC...but i cant find a way to buy it since it always says i already have the games. Is there any way to delete the tickets for Mii Plaza so i can enter eshop DLC buy?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey im new here so hello all! First of all, amazing work!

But i have a question. I have tried downloading the Mii Plaza DLC and it has worked...all features unlocked. But after testing it i decided i want to buy that DLC...but i cant find a way to buy it since it always says i already have the games. Is there any way to delete the tickets for Mii Plaza so i can enter eshop DLC buy?
Just go in freeShop and delete it from your list of games? Not sure if that deletes the ticket. You can always find it under titles in FBI and click on the delete title and ticket option.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Story of seasons trio of towns (and some other games) is not appearing for me, but i have the right title key url.
What can be happening?

Last edited by jucaa,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VljLxOM.png
s3Y2DDd.png

https://freeshop.pw

Source: https://notabug.org/btucker/freeShop

This is homebrew software designed to imitate Nintendo's eShop. It allows you to browse and search games, and download ones you own (i.e. games for which you have the titlekey).

Usage:
1. Install the CIA file on your CFW of choice (preferably one removing region restrictions). Do NOT ask about CFW issues in this thread.
2. Put an encTitleKeys.bin file in the directory sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/ or go to update settings in freeShop and add a URL to auto-download (recommended).
3. Launch freeShop and enjoy.

This is perhaps over-simplified. I'll be more thorough later. This is mostly for linux, building on Windows will be difficult.

1. Install devkitARM, including ctrulib and citro3d.

2. Build cpp3ds. This script shows how to build it on ubuntu. This includes downloading precompiled portlibs/tools. (if you use Arch it's on AUR)

3. Set CPP3DS env variable to the dir with cpp3ds build (containing lib/include dirs)

4. Build/install libarchive (to portlibs dir) and freeShop as detailed in this script.

FAQs

Q: Do I need a CFW for this?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there a 3dsx version?
A: No, and with the elevated permissions needed, it's not worth the trouble.

Q: Why are games missing? They're on the eShop.
A: It only shows games for which you have the title key (dumped to encTitleKeys.bin). And even then some games won't show because they're not cached server-side (this will eventually change).

Q: Why does freeShop show DLC as installed when I don't have it?
A: All DLC is lumped together with the same title id, so even partial installs will show it as installed. If you're missing DLC, just delete it and reinstall it. If eShop partially installed it, or you previously purchased some DLC through eShop on that console, you may lose the DLC freeShop installs when you revisit eShop. This is currently unavoidable.

Q: Can freeShop download while sleeping?
A: Not yet. It's currently unknown how to go into sleep mode without interrupting network services.

Q: Can I download games of any region?
A: Depends on your CFW. Most of them allow it, including the popular Luma3DS.

Q: Is this safe? Will I get banned/sued for using this?
A: Even modding your console's software/firmware runs legal risks. But like running freeShop, the risk is minimal. If you make sure to only install games you've purchased, then you remain in a safer legal grey area. And there is no way for Nintendo to know which client IP owns which games. That would requires some analytic guesswork, potentially resulting in many false-positive bans. Not likely to happen and none have been reported.

Q: Why don't I have any friends?
A: You should get out more.

Troubleshooting

I keep getting "Failed to install seed" errors.
You likely have a FW version < 9.6 and therefore cannot play newer games that utilize crypto seeds. You can fix this with a FW update.

I keep getting "Wrong title key" errors.
You're probably not using correct encrypted keys (encTitleKeys.bin). Decrypted keys will give this error.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize TMD install: 0xC86044D2".
The system is reporting that you don't have enough space on your SD card to install the game. If it's a DSiWare game, then it's your NAND that doesn't have the space.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize content install: 0xD8E08025".
There are many possible reasons for this. But one known diagnosis is a possible SD card problem. For example, a fake SD card who is reporting space available while it's actually full will often give this error. Double-check your SD card.

I get error code 0xD8A08004
This happens with the installation state gets screwed up. You have to reboot the console to get rid of it. If you consistently get this, report how so the bug can be fixed.

Story of seasons trio of towns (and some other games) is not appearing for me, but i have the right title key url.
What can be happening?
Read the FAQ section in the OP. This has been explained over and over and over and... over.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the FAQ section in the OP. This has been explained over and over and over and... over.
I've read it, but i've seen other people getting this game (and others that are not showing up for me) so there must be something wrong with my setup, i just dont know what can be.

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my freeshop updated its cache but I can't find any new games that are on there such as poochy and yoshis wolly world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read it, but i've seen other people getting this game (and others that are not showing up for me) so there must be something wrong with my setup, i just dont know what can be.
Are they getting it from freeShop? Did they said they got it through freeShop?
There are other sources besides freeShop. There's CIAngel that uses the same title key site. There are bunch of other programs/scripts for PC using the same title keys. There are also other places on the internet that has games. That iso site that recently got hacked comes to mind among others.

G0ty

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i get some probs, maybe one of you can help me

I got new 3ds xl with fw. 11.3 ,luma3ds,al9,FBI installed.

now i want to try freeshop. got it from above freeshop.cia v2.2.0

installed via FBI then started : it initialize and on part loading game list it happens : " An error occured, the software shut down" it throw back to main menu. what do i wrong ? i already got titlekey in freeshop/keys

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

installed via FBI then started : it initialize and on part loading game list it happens : " An error occured, the software shut down" it throw back to main menu. what do i wrong ? i already got titlekey in freeshop/keys
Delete data folder under 3ds and try again

G0ty

Trophies
XP
Country
@ Shadow#1

okay. i tried that. 10 times. everytime the same issue as i wrote above. But i get noticed that i got more folders in the data folder as before.... i guess its might a downloading issue ? maybe u can tell me which data have to be in that folder for working freeshop proberly ? is it possible that someone can share his data folder or is it hardware depending ? (locked)

kemyas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Having the same problem here o/

Delete data folder under 3ds and try again

Did this a multiple times like @G0ty but it didn't help. Saw issue #12 on noteabug for freeShop but even there was no solution.

Hoping someone here can help! Oh, btw I started ARM9/11 exception handlers. They show me an error: "exception occured" or sth like that. It just crashes my ARM11 ._. Help would be appreciated.

G0ty

Trophies
XP
Country
oh lord. now i got.

@ keyas maybe it helps u also.

what i ve done ( Lp :D ) : i copied all files from 3ds/data to pc. then i clear this folder. on pc i put in freeshop/keys/ sytitlekeys.bin . and last step copied all the files from pc back to sd onto the 3ds. now it started :)

funny think. i ve looked for an application for deleting my installed games cuz games.cia are only the installer ... i dont know how to delete them.. now with functional freeshop i can delete them. yeah :)

Spiderkid08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so i have smash dlc from before i a9lh'd my 3ds. If i get the rest of the dlc from the freeshop and mix the bought and pirated dlc will i be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1