Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentallen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is what cruel meant, but when i tried to redl usign freesghop it told me it was already installed. Installing the ticket with ciangel let me use the games again.
okay great! thank you, ill try that out
one question though, when you did this, did you lose your game saves or was everything back to where you left it?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having problems with freeshop 2.1 freezing when using custom music for it? I can't get passed (Loading game list...) when using a ogg file.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Then I think I will reconsider using it , That means we are literally stealing it from Nintendo , If it has own server then it's OK for me
Keeping copyrighted content on a server for people to download is a million times worse. That is distributing pirated content. The way freeShop works, it just enables people to pirate if they so wish but does nothing illegal itself. Same as torrent websites and torrent clients. If any of those torrent websites ever hosted any of the files themselves and were in a country where they could be prosecuted, the owners would be in jail before they could blink. So, it's much better how it is!!!
And anyway, if you're worried about it - if someone leaves their car door unlocked in a bad neighbourhood with an iPad and a wallet on the front seat in plain view and they get stolen - you feel a little sorry for them but it's really their fault. And what about when they leave the door unlocked and put more money in the wallet every night? They kind of deserve it then, if they're that incompetent.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Keeping copyrighted content on a server for people to download is a million times worse. That is distributing pirated content. The way freeShop works, it just enables people to pirate if they so wish but does nothing illegal itself. Same as torrent websites and torrent clients. If any of those torrent websites ever hosted any of the files themselves and were in a country where they could be prosecuted, the owners would be in jail before they could blink. So, it's much better how it is!!!
And anyway, if you're worried about it - if someone leaves their car door unlocked in a bad neighbourhood with an iPad and a wallet on the front seat in plain view and they get stolen - you feel a little sorry for them but it's really their fault. And what about when they leave the door unlocked and put more money in the wallet every night? They kind of deserve it then, if they're that incompetent.
yeah but flash cards arent illegal them selfs yet flash cards are illegal in some countrys because they allow piracy to happen only some one dumb would not know how to get the title keys on the freeshop meaning the freeshop allows for people to easy pirate its why consoles like the 3ds don't normally allow you to install what ever app you want unless you have cfw because of piracy

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having problems with freeshop 2.1 freezing when using custom music for it? I can't get passed (Loading game list...) when using a ogg file.
Try a smaller OGG just to see if it's a size issue. The music code atm isn't that great. It loads the whole track into RAM and can easily exceed limits. freeShop 2.1 uses a little bit more RAM than previously, so I'm guessing your music went over the limit. I'll redo the BGM code eventually.

Uddasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got a quick question: why is FreeShop using "encTitleKeys.bin" instead of "json_enc"? I noticed that some newer titles (ie Picross 3D Round 2) are in the json version only.
CIAngel is using the json version, so I could download it but it doesn't show in FreeShop, which is really better, particularly since the latest update.

Last edited by Uddasa,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a quick question: why is FreeShop using "encTitleKeys.bin" instead of "json_enc"
?I noticed that some newer titles (ie Picross 3D Round 2) are in the json version only.
CIAngel is using the json version, so I could download it but it doesn't show in FreeShop, which is really better, particularly since the latest update.
I doubt is much of a difference since they both use the same function. I would assume is all from the same source.:unsure:

Is two seperate formats, but all one master file anyway :P

Uddasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've just downloaded the json and the bin versions 10 minutes ago.
Picross 3D Round 2 is in the json, but not the bin (I used D.T.K. Takes Keys to view the bin, and also Shameless).

Edit: but I know it's from the same source, so if there is a diff it's an error from their side, or maybe one is updated more often, don't know.

Last edited by Uddasa,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picross 3D Round 2 is in the json, but not the bin (I used D.T.K. Takes Keys to view the bin, and also Shameless).

Edit: but I know it's from the same source, so if there is a diff it's an error from their side, or maybe one is updated more often, don't know.
It just takes time to get everythin functional. I assume since it is different files they have different purpose for the homebrew. Perhaps Json, is easier to update and takes priority over enctitlekeys file. Who knows? Perhaps ask the site manager?

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's in the key file probably, but if the info is not also in the cache, freeShop cannot show the game. I just updated the cache now. So restart freeShop and it will update it.

EDIT: Cache was missing 5 titles, including the Picross 3D one

Uddasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so only updating the bin file is not enough to see new games on Freeshop.
What is the cache purpose then?

Edit: indeed I can see it now thanks, but only the demo.

Last edited by Uddasa,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!