Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like installation state for messed up somehow. Would help to know what the first error was when install failed, but you probably don't have it. Try rebooting console and trying again. And what CFW are you using?

Well, I had queued up about 25 titles to re-download, that u had lost by formatting my SD card(which took a while, since the data pages for the games took a while to load while something was being downloaded) then went to sleep.
I awoke to am error message saying the system was gonna reboot, so I hit A, and it rebooted. About 10 of the titles had downloaded, and when I went to re-download the rest, I kept getting the tmd error.

I'm running luma6.0 with a9lh, SysNAND 11.0.0-33u, and I didn't have a problem with the freeshop prior to that error message.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled freeshop, rebooted the system, and cleared the cache.

Edit: luma6.1

Last edited by GlitchMC,

CoinKillerL

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
VljLxOM.png
chart

https://github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

This is homebrew software designed to imitate Nintendo's eShop. It allows you to browse and search games, and download ones you own (i.e. games for which you have the titlekey).

You need a encTitleKeys.bin files in the sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/ directory. Optionally (and recommended) you can go to settings and add a URL to auto-download when freeShop loads.

This is perhaps over-simplified. I'll be more thorough later. This is mostly for linux, building on Windows will be difficult.

1. Install devkitARM, including ctrulib and citro3d.

2. Build cpp3ds. This script shows how to build it on ubuntu. This includes downloading precompiled portlibs/tools. (if you use Arch it's on AUR)

3. Set CPP3DS env variable to the dir with cpp3ds build (containing lib/include dirs)

4. Build/install libarchive (to portlibs dir) and freeShop as detailed in this script.

FAQs

Q: Do I need a CFW for this?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there a 3dsx version?
A: No, and with the elevated permissions needed, it's not worth the trouble.

Q: Why are games missing? They're on the eShop.
A: It only shows games for which you have the title key (dumped to encTitleKeys.bin). And even then some games won't show because they're not cached server-side (this will eventually change).

Q: Why don't you have encTitleKeys.bin automatically download on launch?
A: That is game sharing/piracy, making the program a bigger legal risk. So freeShop will serve independent from any titlekeys; users will provide those.

Q: Can freeShop download while sleeping?
A: Not yet. It's currently unknown how to go into sleep mode without interrupting network services.

Q: Can I download games of any region?
A: Depends on your CFW. Most of them allow it, including the popular Luma3DS.

Q: Is this safe? Will I get banned/arrested for using this?
A: Even modding your console's software/firmware runs legal risks. But like running freeShop, the risk is minimal. If you make sure to only install games you've purchased, then you remain in a safer legal grey area. And there is no way for Nintendo to know which client IP owns which games. That would requires some analytic guesswork, potentially resulting in many false-positive bans. Not likely to happen and none have been reported.

Q: Why don't I have any friends?
A: You should get out more.

Troubleshooting

I keep getting "Failed to install seed" errors.
You likely have a FW version < 9.6 and therefore cannot play newer games that utilize crypto seeds. You can fix this with a FW update.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize TMD install: 0xC86044D2".
The system is reporting that you don't have enough space on your SD card to install the game. If it's a DSiWare game, then it's your NAND that doesn't have the space.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize content install: 0xD8E08025".
There are many possible reasons for this. But one known diagnosis is a possible SD card problem. For example, a fake SD card who is reporting space available while it's actually full will often give this error. Double-check your SD card.

I get error code 0xD8A08004
This happens with the installation state gets screwed up. You have to reboot the console to get rid of it. If you consistently get this, report how so the bug can be fixed.

works with 11.0-33E ?

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@TheCruel
You could create a function that shutdown to be performed when all the list of games are downloaded. Function called sleep well.

I think you should put this function with another function to check the battery status. Say that the battery reaches 30% freeshop for downloading and off the 3DS. It would be possible to add this feature.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I had queued up about 25 titles to re-download, that u had lost by formatting my SD card(which took a while, since the data pages for the games took a while to load while something was being downloaded) then went to sleep.
What do you mean by this? Formatted the SD card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@TheCruel
You could create a function that shutdown to be performed when all the list of games are downloaded. Function called sleep well.

I think you should put this function with another function to check the battery status. Say that the battery reaches 30% freeshop for downloading and off the 3DS. It would be possible to add this feature.
Yeah, I'll add that.

Reactions: I pwned U!

GlitchMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a new SD card, and I was putting the old files on the new one, but I was having trouble booting the system, and bad things were happening, so it was suggested to me to format the card as fat32, which I did.

I then had to go through a long process of trying to reinstall FBI, cuz I forgot I could launch it from boot

GlitchMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled it again, and now it seems to work. I'll post again if I have troubles.

(while I was reinstalling it the first time, the system said the SD card was removed, interrupting the install. I rebooted and installed, so maybe that's what broke?)

Last edited by GlitchMC,

Fernando Garza

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled it again, and now it seems to work. I'll post again if I have troubles.

(while I was reinstalling it the first time, the system said the SD card was removed, interrupting the install. I rebooted and installed, so maybe that's what broke?)

I think this is because a bad format, try to format sd card from emunand9.

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
So i just updated to the newest version and it can't find any keys anymore, even updated the titlekey downloader. Same issue.
Is there something i need to do in the new version?

Tried to search for a bit, didn't find a answer.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i just updated to the newest version and it can't find any keys anymore, even updated the titlekey downloader. Same issue.
Is there something i need to do in the new version?

Tried to search for a bit, didn't find a answer.
I didn't even try and saw the solution instantly when I updated to 2.0.3 some days ago. Make it a habit to read release notes once in a while.

The folder is a different one now, thats why the titlekey updater doesn't work anymore. It does, but freeshop doesn't look for that file anymore. What you can do now is you can go to freeshop settings, and there is a function that automatically updates titlekeys everytime freeshop starts. enter the url of enctitlekeys.bin (or scan the qr code) from that titlekey site. So it downloads the keys itself, no need for the titlekey updater anymore.

Reactions: VioletX

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't even try and saw the solution instantly when I updated to 2.0.3 some days ago. Make it a habit to read release notes once in a while.

The folder is a different one now, thats why the titlekey updater doesn't work anymore. It does, but freeshop doesn't look for that file anymore. What you can do now is you can go to freeshop settings, and there is a function that automatically updates titlekeys everytime freeshop starts. enter the url of enctitlekeys.bin (or scan the qr code) from that titlekey site. So it downloads the keys itself, no need for the titlekey updater anymore.
Alright just did that and scrolled down a little bit and saw it on a older release, sorry, my bad.

Daytin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I request making games back into packages just for display purposes I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd really like to see a sort by date of release, But so far haven't seen any issues my friend isn't having any ether we are on 2 different systems using this she loves the DLC and Update features! Thanks for all your hard work!
can someone please explain what the vote score and vote count mean so confused on them @.@
Would be nice for a top rating or most downloaded feature o.o (that may be asking a lot )

GlitchMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheCruel
Nope, I was only able to download that one title. I can't install anything else, the first title failed to finalize installation, and the rest fail tmd.

deanimation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is likely a bug, described here: https://github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues/90

Thanks, it was really an internet connection problem on my end.
I went to a friend's house with a stable internet connection to try again.
I tested 3 titles with 1.4GB, 1.2GB, and 1.8GB, individually, on my SD card with 1.9GB of free space on it.
I can confirm that it doesn't really need twice the space for a game to installed.

That's a really cool feature. :D

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, freeShop is supposed to recover properly from internet issues and continue installing when it would otherwise just fail in the middle of the install like CIAngel or FBI. But evidently it's resuming the install improperly and installing improper content which is even worse lol, because it makes you think everything is fine until it's complete. With more testing I should eventually fix this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...