TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be updating cache format tomorrow, which will come with a minor freeShop update to support it.

The caching process will be ideal in the future, but currently looks like it's restrictive because a couple features are not yet implemented in freeShop: 1) QR code scanning for ticket installs and 2) caching client-side (also for custom encTitleKey.bin dump support) and 3) custom URL for fetching an arbitrary encTitleKeys.bin file if it's newer. The QR scanner is relatively easy, the second part will take a little while. Just a matter of time. So if you really need games on release day, use a different program that auto-fetches titlekeys or scans QR code tickets already.

BTW, new cache will contain a bunch of title info that was lacking (genres, features, votes/rating, languages, etc.) so it'll be ready to be a bit more like eShop.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be updating cache format tomorrow, which will come with a minor freeShop update to support it.

The caching process will be ideal in the future, but currently looks like it's restrictive because a couple features are not yet implemented in freeShop: 1) QR code scanning for ticket installs and 2) caching client-side (also for custom encTitleKey.bin dump support) and 3) custom URL for fetching an arbitrary encTitleKeys.bin file if it's newer. The QR scanner is relatively easy, the second part will take a little while. Just a matter of time. So if you really need games on release day, use a different program that auto-fetches titlekeys or scans QR code tickets already.

BTW, new cache will contain a bunch of title info that was lacking (genres, features, votes/rating, languages, etc.) so it'll be ready to be a bit more like eShop.
Can u make it as close to what eshop feels and acts like in the future?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Will that update come with the icons, etc for each title? (excluding DSi) :P
Also, since the number of DSiWare games is quite low, why not create some sort of repo for the icon images of each one and have freeShop get them from there?

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can u make it as close to what eshop feels and acts like in the future?
I'll copy most of the good stuff and leave out the bad stuff. A lot of that will be subjective opinion, of course. So I'm kinda choosing what I think most people would like best (sorry). For example, some people may like the game info scrolling on both screens, but I personally think it's quicker/better to have info just on the bottom screen (though I'll have it scrolling when I add more gameinfo) so you can quickly browse or go on to another game without closing the game info panel or something. It's not going to please everyone, but I do read most comments, so I'm able to tell when something is really wanted/unwanted.
Will that update come with the icons, etc for each title? (excluding DSi) :P
Also, since the number of DSiWare games is quite low, why not create some sort of repo for the icon images of each one and have freeShop get them from there?
Yes. I haven't completely tested it with all the games yet, so it's possible it may miss some others. But from my tests so far, I think it'll only be missing DSiWare ones. I don't want to make a separate repo or anything for those yet because I'm sure there's some way to get them properly and easily, I just don't know it yet.

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What I really think freeshop needs is configuration to exclude from the list games from specific regions or type of games (for instance if I don't want to see EUR and JAP games and DSiWare)

Cowser the Koopahog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Background music can be supported, right?
Background music? Please don't. ;)
Maybe it can be customizable BGM. If @TheCruel can manage it (no promises, also not demanding it, just spitballing here), he could make an option to include in the currently unused Settings menu to add a song from your SD card to play on FreeShop (such as Metal Crusher from Undertale, or Bob-omb Battlefield from SM64), or just not have any at all.

D

Deleted User

I'm saying that because it's not that hard to implement sound (as shown in other homebrew that I can't remember the names of :rofl2:) and I wouldn't mind Smash Mouth - All Star playing on my freeShop

RadioVoice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My touch screen has been acting up and I can't hit the search button anymore. Is there anyway I can move the icons?

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a 'Failed to install Content: 0xE0E083F2' error trying to install Bravely Default. Is there anything that causes this specifically?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a 'Failed to install Content: 0xE0E083F2' error trying to install Bravely Default. Is there anything that causes this specifically?

Raw error:0xe0e083f2
module: AM (0x20)
level: usage (0x1c)
summary: invalid arguement (0x7)
Description: misaligned size (0x3f2)

Do you have enough space for Bravely Default?

Edit: It appears that this could also be a network connection issue. Is TubeHax DNS enabled on your current connection?

Last edited by Maq47,

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raw error:0xe0e083f2
module: AM (0x20)
level: usage (0x1c)
summary: invalid arguement (0x7)
Description: misaligned size (0x3f2)

Do you have enough space for Bravely Default?

Edit: It appears that this could also be a network connection issue. Is TubeHax DNS enabled on your current connection?
I have 10 gigs of free space. Tubehax is enabled, but on my wii u, my 3ds has no DNS settings.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
eh will Nintendo patch this even if you don't have a hacked 3ds if you use shamless it can still download from the servers and i don't think nintedo wants people doing it

Alan Treecko

GBATemp's official fanfiction disposer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh will Nintendo patch this even if you don't have a hacked 3ds if you use shamless it can still download from the servers and i don't think nintedo wants people doing it
probably wont since this is the almost like downloading from the eshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1