Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool! Can you download in sleep mode with this? Also, since its an eshop clone it just installs cia straight without having to have to download and store the cia file locally right?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does Gateway count? (i have GW, Reinand and Luma 3DS [no A9LH])

i can play out of region games (i mean can i download them via Freeshop or only my region)?

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've tried this homebrew application yesterday, and i really love it! you've done it so well.
However, after the second app i downloaded, i went to homescreen to check it, but the package didn't show.
Do you check the SD card's available space? i think my SD card might not have enough space, could that be the problem?

cbxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just installed, I see it's a WIP but worked great. Installed SMB3 without problems.

One tip, I downloaded the enctitlekeys updater and used it to create the file, but for some reason decided to do that first before installing freeshop.

It doesn't work in that order. Install freeshop, then the updater. Seems dumb and obvious, but in case anyone else tries it backwards like I did, don't... lol

Great work on this project.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've tried this homebrew application yesterday, and i really love it! you've done it so well.
However, after the second app i downloaded, i went to homescreen to check it, but the package didn't show.
Do you check the SD card's available space? i think my SD card might not have enough space, could that be the problem?

Possibly, but reboot the 3DS and see if it shows up then.

Last edited by cbxero,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet lol. There isn't enough error checking in general atm which is the main cause of failures. With time this will obviously improve.
Just installed, I see it's a WIP but worked great. Installed SMB3 without problems.

One tip, I downloaded the enctitlekeys updater and used it to create the file, but for some reason decided to do that first before installing freeshop.
I don't know much about that, but seems odd. I'd guess case-sensitivity issues, but the sd card is fat32 afaik so shouldn't matter. Oh well, I'll leave it to the author of that program to figure it out.

Reactions: dimmidice

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

It doesn't work in that order. Install freeshop, then the updater. Seems dumb and obvious, but in case anyone else tries it backwards like I did, don't... lol

Great work on this project.

Possibly, but reboot the 3DS and see if it shows up then.
It doesn't

Not yet lol. There isn't enough error checking in general atm which is the main cause of failures. With time this will obviously improve.
Np, if i've got some time, i'll implement it and propose it on your github repo.
The layout looks great btw

Crusard

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey TheCruel
Do you need help with UI?
i make this
Et2uW6S.png

If you want i can help with the buttons and backgrounds.

Last edited by Crusard,
D

Deleted User

Odds of being banned from the Nintendo Network for using this app to download games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: gm chat