Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
freeShop auto update to new versions like 1.1 or for future updates?

When eShop add more games, freeShop will show them too? Or only titles that listed in the database? Is the encTitleKeys.bin that have all the games info?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When eShop add more games, freeShop will show them too? Or only titles that listed in the database? Is the encTitleKeys.bin that have all the games info?
The encTitleKeys.bin contains the title list and the encrypted keys needed to redownload your game from the CDN (the eShop). All other datas (images, description text) are loaded directly from ninty servers...
So, to "add more games", you have to update your encTitleKeys.bin file...

Reactions: cvskid

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
I have got a question. 1.1 changelog says 35% faster download speeds. How is this achieved?

A suggest that I have would be to increase the number of connections to ninty's servers to increase download speeds. Kinda like how download managers work. I'm not sure if this is possible but it's certainly an idea.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I actually said I avoid close-source things (referring to NTR). I partially agree with Richard Stallman, but "software should be open/free" is more my preference than an ethical claim. However, I do think intellectual property is mostly unethical, in a sense. I can understand people wanting to keep information secret and charge money for it, but property should be reserved for scarce tangible objects and not ideas and words (or their digital representations). I don't think people should be penalized for sharing information, even if you really want it secret (i.e. your credit card number or penis size lol).

I dislike consoles and other DRM machines like them. I think people should be able to charge for software, but if someone shares their purchases, there should be no legal penalties because it shouldn't be considered property. Though obviously the seller can enforce their own penalties (bans, business sanctions, whatever). So if people want to secure their profits, they need to get creative with their business model.

There could potentially be benefits to intellectual property, like medical patents incentivizing researchers to find life-saving drugs without worrying about people simply reverse engineering their drugs. But I think the negatives outweight the benefits.
I love this quote <3

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have got a question. 1.1 changelog says 35% faster download speeds. How is this achieved?

A suggest that I have would be to increase the number of connections to ninty's servers to increase download speeds. Kinda like how download managers work. I'm not sure if this is possible but it's certainly an idea.
The speed limitation isn't caused by Nintendo's servers, at this point it's purely 3DS limitations (Which is why N3DS gets a much higher DL than O3DS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh