Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a problem... Freeshop say wrong title key... I'm sure to use enctitle.key.bin
help me
(PS: It's possible to use it in sysnand 9.2?)
  1. Google 3ds titlekeys
  2. click the green part of the orange button that looks like a little QR code.
  3. A QR code will fill your screen. Leave it for a moment.
  4. Open freeShop and go to Settings (cog)
  5. Go to the Updates tab
  6. Tap the little grey QR code button on the left of the touch screen
  7. The camera will open.
  8. Scan the big QR code on your cmputer screen from the titlekeys site.
  9. Close and reopen freeShop.
  10. The games will all be ready to search.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You're super late dude. I had figured it out and even edited my post two days ago. But thanks.
Yeah I was looking at the wrong page, started replying then realised, and replied to a new person and didn't delete the beginning of the old reply

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TCJJ since someone is being a you know what I feel the need to step in and offer you a really easy solution.

In FBI go to titles, look for the "trial game" that you wanted to purchase. Select that game. There will be an option to delete title and ticket. Select this option and it will remove the game and ticket so that you can purchase through eShop.

Of if you are hesitant to mess with FBI read on.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tiksweep-remove-unused-tickets.437438/

What you wanna do is follow that link and install tiksweep.

Then delete the "trial game" from the system through system settings.

Then run tiksweep and it will delete all unused tickets from your system.

Then you can go into eShop and purchase the game.

P.S. Games downloaded with Freeshop have the correct seed info so you CAN actually download the game from the eShop again since it will have the correct "password".

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
@TCJJ since someone is being a you know what I feel the need to step in and offer you a really easy solution.

In FBI go to titles, look for the "trial game" that you wanted to purchase. Select that game. There will be an option to delete title and ticket. Select this option and it will remove the game and ticket so that you can purchase through eShop.

Of if you are hesitant to mess with FBI read on.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tiksweep-remove-unused-tickets.437438/

What you wanna do is follow that link and install tiksweep.

Then delete the "trial game" from the system through system settings.

Then run tiksweep and it will delete all unused tickets from your system.

Then you can go into eShop and purchase the game.

P.S. Games downloaded with Freeshop have the correct seed info so you CAN actually download the game from the eShop again since it will have the correct "password".

Thanks so much! That's a great help. Unlike someone...

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that though. It seems his usual posts consist of "trolling", insults and general stupidity.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

hero9994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, i've been looking for lego star wars 3: the clone wars but I can't find it on the freeshop.
I have the latest titlekeys.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, i've been looking for lego star wars 3: the clone wars but I can't find it on the freeshop.
I have the latest titlekeys.
Well, it's not on that titlekeys site, so it's not in your titlekeys file, so it can't be on the freeshop.

doingitwrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while i have been lurking on and off for a year i just modded recently. i went inactive for awhile and when i came back my account was a newbie again with 0 posts, but not important.
this is an honest question and i am in no way attempting to be rude, which "free shop" app should i use and why, CIAngel, freeShop, or some other app, why? which has a less likely chance of being detected? do they both/all use the same methods to get and install the games?

may i say thanks to all those who have brought 3ds hacking to what it is today!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I asked this at a bad time yesterday, as there was an argument going on at the time of my posting... And my question was overlooked. So I'll as this here again:

I'm running the newest version of FreeShop, but I can't seem to find DLC or game updates. Am I blind, or too stupid and missing something? Please post screenshots if you can tell me where to find what I've asked for, it will help greatly.

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I asked this at a bad time yesterday, as there was an argument going on at the time of my posting... And my question was overlooked. So I'll as this here again:

I'm running the newest version of FreeShop, but I can't seem to find DLC or game updates. Am I blind, or too stupid and missing something? Please post screenshots if you can tell me where to find what I've asked for, it will help greatly.
It's under the Installed Games tab.

Reactions: Jayro

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The little icons on the listing look in the tab for your installed games

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
while i have been lurking on and off for a year i just modded recently. i went inactive for awhile and when i came back my account was a newbie again with 0 posts, but not important.
this is an honest question and i am in no way attempting to be rude, which "free shop" app should i use and why, CIAngel, freeShop, or some other app, why? which has a less likely chance of being detected? do they both/all use the same methods to get and install the games?

may i say thanks to all those who have brought 3ds hacking to what it is today!
FreeShop pros:
  • Nice UI
  • Auto updating
  • Can filter search results by many categories (I think CIAngel can do this too but am unaware of the extent)
CIAngel pros:
  • Newly added games available faster since not reliant on icon caches
  • Can create cias to install on multiple consoles without having to download again
  • Was the first so good to support innovation
Neither is more likely than any other to be detected. Nobody so far has experienced a single consequence from using it.

doingitwrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the quick reply.
if i understand correctly they both download the games directly from the official eshop servers? how is that possible?

ediT when you say auto updating do you mean the freeShop app or the installed apps?

Last edited by doingitwrong,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the quick reply.
if i understand correctly they both download the games directly from the official eshop servers? how is that possible?

ediT when you say auto updating do you mean the freeShop app or the installed apps?

The encrypted title key is what is used in a ticket to redownload games you already purchased. The keys used by freeShop tricks the eshop into thinking we purchased it before on that 3ds.

At least i think that's how it works.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you also download DLC for free using Freeshop or do I have to continue installing them via CIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course