ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Dale Ginney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, here goes my attempt at help. Dump your save, decrypt with FEST, and open in your favorite hex editor (HxD works). See picture attached to this post for the rest. I took this from the thread about getting the amiibos characters, so image credit goes to them. The bytes in black are the character ID and class ID in that order for the character. Use the search function to search for the appropriate values for the character you are editing (00 will always be between the id's.) The character in the picture is Ike. See the four FF's in row F60? The offset will be different, but it should look similar. Make all the numbers starting after the FF FF FF FF zero until you get to the FF FF (partway into row F70 in the picture). Do not change the FF's, just the numbers in between. This will work for any logbook unit, including Bond Units and Guests. Encrypt your save and inject. Always keep backups, as deleting the wrong values can crash. If you follow my instructions, no crashes should occur.
Do the units from other castle have the same id as they would regularly?

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep getting so pumped to start on conquest but then everytime I'm at the branch of fate I just don't have the guts to do it. it's not even the major stuff either, the minor details are just as bad, like the purple text boxes

Last edited by Pokéfan Kieran,

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, just remember that this doesn't work with Fire Emblem Fates yet.

Well good to know, and my bad for not stating I was planning on using the convoy editor which apparently doesn't require you to do anything to the chapter files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, while watching this thread do some of you have access to the internet through fates and can interact through it, even though you are editing hex which I assume implies you're on an exploitable version, and if so how can I do that?
Sorry if asking in the wrong place.

Last edited by samsbrotherinlaw,

Priism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^6D14C9C998335BC5D2111040B139C8786E5B3C0946004ECB3A^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg Well I removed the shield on a kana I recruited and then did the paralogue for your regular kana then my kana that I recruited from another castle got turned into a feral dragon

Last edited by Priism,

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, while watching this thread do some of you have access to the internet through fates and can interact through it, even though you are editing hex which I assume implies you're on an exploitable version, and if so how can I do that?
Sorry if asking in the wrong place.
An exploitable version? All versions are exploitable if editing the hex is supposed to stop you from accessing online features.
Given that the game edits the save files whenever you save, which requires that it edits the hex values, I doubt that it's supposed to block online features if any values change.
I don't know where you got your information, but you've been misinformed.

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
How would I go about changing Cordelia's husband to Lon'qu? I accidentally saved Cordelia|Gaius (Wanted to view Severa's recruitment Quest so I married Cordelia to Gaius, but saved by reflex before the battle).

AgahnimD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get the Chapter saves out of a Sky3ds+ and the .sav file?

If not, is there any way I could get pointed in the right direction for what programs I should use? I haven't installed any homebrew apps yet.

Thank you!

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully something like that becomes possible in Fates. I am on my last pair and wondered why they were getting supports - stupid Niles doesn't support the last female I have - Hinoka.

How would I go about changing Cordelia's husband to Lon'qu? I accidentally saved Cordelia|Gaius (Wanted to view Severa's recruitment Quest so I married Cordelia to Gaius, but saved by reflex before the battle).

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when You remove it?
Characters without shields can appear in shops, the arena, my castle, and have supports where applicable. Some will even crash private quarters after inviting them if they lack a model for private quarters. Also allows for things like both Kanas and both Avatars.

Reactions: Something whatever

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Characters without shields can appear in shops, the arena, my castle, and have supports where applicable. Some will even crash private quarters after inviting them if they lack a model for private quarters. Also allows for things like both Kanas and both Avatars.
Thats nuts!! I have to see this in action. So if have other players avatars they can be supported with other npcs?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats nuts!! I have to see this in action. So if have other players avatars they can be supported with other npcs?
If you take a logbook avatar then take the shield off of it, then that avatar will have all of its supports available (you still have to build the support level) for the path you are playing. I've used it to fix the problem with Fates not having enough women to get all of the children characters.
Edit: Having two avatars can cause issues, specifically a bug where your avatar is swapped with the secondary one. The only fix I've found is to restore from a backup. The bug only ever occurred once for me.

Last edited by Omegablu,
Reactions: Something whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1