ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

fairie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if it was possible to add/recruit characters with the save editor. Awakening was my first Fire Emblem game and I completely missed recruiting Gaius and Tharja because I didn't realize how to and I don't want to restart my eleven hour file to get them.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahhhh, I DID IT :D Used Gateway's cheat search to find the offsets that needed changing :3

OG0j7vy.jpg

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it actually change the difficulty, or just the displayed difficulty?
Actual difficultly. It plays Brutal with Phoenix revival.

YOOOOOOOOOOO congrats on getting it!
I don't know much about how Gateway works, did you edit the offsets with Gateway or would it be able to be done without?
It's just RAM editing, I can post the offsets when I get in if you want? There were 18 values in total I had to change, all 32 bit.

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actual difficultly. It plays Brutal with Phoenix revival.

It's just RAM editing, I can post the offsets when I get in if you want? There were 18 values in total I had to change, all 32 bit.
If you remember, that'd be nice. I heard with at least Awakening the offsets for things varied, so I assume I'd have to look for it based on what you tell me?
I couldn't figure out RAM editing with Awakening, so if it's not clear cut I feel I won't be able to make use of it.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you remember, that'd be nice. I heard with at least Awakening the offsets for things varied, so I assume I'd have to look for it based on what you tell me?
I couldn't figure out RAM editing with Awakening, so if it's not clear cut I feel I won't be able to make use of it.
Nay worries, I'll grab em in a few hours for you ^^

Reactions: that girl

Msttshodo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried to do something simple to see if it worked, change the difficulty from normal to lunatic, I did all the steps, decompresed it, edited the difficulty, compresed again, copied the files to the new folder to the savedata folder, and when i try to import the new data, it shows 4 lines of text (Wich i cant read since they apear and dissapear in less than a second) and then it takes me to the homebrew launcher, (I dont know if it should take me to the homebrew launcher after importing, since when I import my Pokemon save, it leaves me in the backup/import menu).
And when I open the game nothing is changed.
Any ideas of why i cant import it?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: that girl

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it took so long, felt pretty tired all day and it slipped my mind. Anyway, these are the offsets with values for Brutal and Phoenix. Casual isn't needed since you can select it on any mode anyway.

http://imgur.com/a/HqjZm
No worries, thank you so much! I get being tired and forgetting, I do that a ton.
Silly question, I'd just need to find the pointers shown in the image and then change the offsets correct?
Or would I need to add/subtract them in order to find mine?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No worries, thank you so much! I get being tired and forgetting, I do that a ton.
Silly question, I'd just need to find the pointers shown in the image and then change the offsets correct?
Or would I need to add/subtract them in order to find mine?
I'm unsure how they would work outside of Gateway. All I need to do is set each offset to the corresponding value and I have a different difficulty mode. Though as an amusing fact, doing it before Chapter 7 soft locks the game. After altering the difficultly, it spawns you in My Castle. The game tries to teach you about buildings and tries to make you build something, but nothing is available until Ch 7, and there's no way to exit the dialogue ^^"

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing that no one talked about it yet, the latest update for the 3DS, 10.6.0-31, practically patched Menuhax and Browserhax. So for now, the only methods of getting back into Homebrew are Cubic Ninja and OoT3D with Powersaves (or Cubic Ninja). Try to stay on a lower firmware if possible.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing that no one talked about it yet, the latest update for the 3DS, 10.6.0-31, practically patched Menuhax and Browserhax. So for now, the only methods of getting back into Homebrew are Cubic Ninja and OoT3D with Powersaves (or Cubic Ninja). Try to stay on a lower firmware if possible.
Thanks for the heads up! Nintendo's losing their sanity over homebrew.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's funny how they can block Ironfall, but not Cubic Ninja.
They didn't really block Ironfall though, they just forced you to update. There are no updates for Cubic Ninja, so their only option would be to lock users out of the game itself - which would be a PR nightmare, since users could simply claim they bought the game to play and feel robbed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work