[RELEASE] Feather 2.1 Windows Video Game Manager

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The application for applications.
This applications organizes all of your Windows applications AND STRAY FILES in one place so you can have your hub without cluttering your desktop or simply making it look ugly with hundreds of shortcuts. (Notice how squeaky clean my desktop is)

1.png

3.png

This application saves your file paths, file names and allows you to add your own name. (Example: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D as seen in image.) Pressing Start Game allows all of these applications to run! :D
You may even add your own music to loop in the background and some more nice features

For changelog, full list of features and how to use, read the README file. :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p90founsguk1ct5/Feather+2.1.rar/file
BAM.

The main point of this aside from organization is to allow support for cover art. Yeah yeah yeah. There are alternatives. Steam, Origin, blablabla. But I don't use those. And even if I did, I don't like how they are processing heavy in the background and have a lot of junk (Friends' List, Store, full Library, Settings, etc.) when I just want to organize my applications WITHOUT 12 different processes opening in the background, taking 6 years to open and 800 million useless features stopping me from quickly selecting what I want to select and move on or enjoy the sight. (And not the advertisements... Origin. >_>)

Has been tested and made on Windows 7. Should work on 8, 8.1 and 10 (And perhaps Vista and XP... Who knows.) but if any issues appear feel free to tell.
Feather is a work in progress and will be updated more since I use Feather a whole lot. And eventually I will complete the grand feature that will allow for pages and organization. That will surely make this far better to use than the many others out there that lack such features.
Do give suggestions on features you would like to see in this type of application. Even if you will not use this or it does not affect you. It would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 192
Last edited by Grmmish,

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...... PS: Song is made by me. It is called "Sick Replica" and is apart of an album by the same name.
IF you are interested you can Google it but it may be hard to find since it has like... 0 views. XD

Reactions: pottsie283

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks pretty neat to be fair, I've had a nightmare with programs like Launchbox but this could go well with other software like RetroArch. Does this have integrations with game platforms like Steam etc?
Got forwarded from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-feather-v1-0-windows-video-game-manager.535004/ ;D

Not sure what you mean about integrating Steam. You run files. If it's a file it runs it. If there is no application linked to that file type, it will ask "Which program would you like to use to open this file" so you'd need to select a default program as well. Then it will open.

pottsie283

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what you mean about integrating Steam
programs like Launchbox use a Steam API to get direct links to a steam profile and access Steam options that would usually be accessible only by opening the app itself, I thought it was a good addition and it could go well with yours.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh. Good idea!
I may even be able to have an Achievement Tracker! (Since I don't like Steam's Achievement Tracker.)
Thanks for the information! But I haven't worked on this in awhile. xD So maybe sometime in the future. As of now it has no Steam-specific functions.

Reactions: pottsie283

pottsie283

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahhh. Good idea!
I may even be able to have an Achievement Tracker! (Since I don't like Steam's Achievement Tracker.)
Thanks for the information! But I haven't worked on this in awhile. xD So maybe sometime in the future. As of now it has no Steam-specific functions.
It looks like a good project imo, so I suggest you have a look back and tinker around with it, an Achievement tracker would be difficult to implement on its own so you might need another service's API to track achievement progress in a game and use it in your program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat