• Views 1,502,358
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so now it turned out that sd card was rubbish , got a new one , the test came through and everything worked except after all of this when running the homebrew launcher loader i get this error and it shuts down (attached) , any ideas ? thank you
What do you mean, "any ideas"? It clearly tells you what the problem is. Your 3ds is unable to download the payloads. Just grab the payloads yourself from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and name them appropriately.

Not quite sure what step you messed up on, but blame it on your faulty sd card. Don't see why you shouldn't be able to continue the guide from where you left off though. Once b9s is installed, you won't even need payloads anymore with Luma...

Last edited by urherenow,
D

Deleted User

OP
Not quite sure what step you messed up on, but blame it on your faulty sd card. Don't see why you shouldn't be able to continue the guide from where you left off though. Once b9s is installed, you won't even need payloads anymore with Luma...
As he said in the post, he was already able to sort everything out with the faulty SD Card. I assume he's trying to follow through with this section of the guide.
EDIT: Misunderstood what you meant; was under the assumption that you still thought his SD Card was faulty, for whatever reason. Sorry.

Okay so now it turned out that sd card was rubbish , got a new one , the test came through and everything worked except after all of this when running the homebrew launcher loader i get this error and it shuts down (attached) , any ideas ? thank you
Speaking from personal experience, you won't be needing to use the Homebrew Launcher once you have B9S installed, and there are ways to convert .3dsx files to .cia for developers who choose to only release in that format, for whatever reason. Unless you're looking to develop 3DS Homebrew (in which case, the Homebrew Launcher + 3dslink are practically indispensable), you could probably skip installation of the Homebrew Launcher without any real ramifications. So long as FBI installs .cia files fine, you should have nothing to worry about.

If you really want the Homebrew Launcher installed, make sure you're following the guide. Are you using the dedicated Homebrew Launcher CIA, or are you using the Download Play app as outlined in the guide? IIRC, I don't think the Homebrew Launcher CIA even needs payloads to boot anymore. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by ,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember how you set Download Play as homebrew? Do that again, but for the homebrew launcher.
Your 3ds is unable to download the payloads. Just grab the payloads yourself from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and name them appropriately.
Those payloads were patched a few fw versions ago iirc. That's why they can't be run. *hax doesn't work on Luma anyways.

KizoFCB

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
To explain more , i got a new sd card and finished the guide succesfully , only problem is the homebrew launcher loader that keeps showing this error , i don't understand it or how to fix it

D

Deleted User

OP
To explain more , i got a new sd card and finished the guide succesfully , only problem is the homebrew launcher loader that keeps showing this error , i don't understand it or how to fix it
Like I said in a previous post, don't worry about it. Chances are, you'll probably never need to use the Homebrew Launcher ever again. Most homebrew these days comes in the .cia format anyways, so you can just install using FBI.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Huh? You actually quoted me answering that question, in the same post that you asked it. :wtf:

With b9s installed, launching Luma3DS as Your cfw, and the latest hombrew (https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu), being launched with hblauncherloader, it does NOT even try to use payloads. It simply loads, and says Rosalina in the top banner as well. The first time you load it after installing b9s, you are using Rosalina to launch it as download play... And it STILL does not search for payloads in this case.

You are either not using (the latest) luma3ds, have not installed b9s, or you have an old version of hbmenu. The version of hblauncherloader doesn't even matter because it isn't even used. Unless you specifically told Rosalina to use a different app as the hblauncher, it defaults to making hblauncherloader the shortcut. That's all it is in this case: a shortcut/forwarder.

Last edited by urherenow,

carnagehunts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone if someone can help me out that be great. I have a corrupted animal crossing game that my 3ds can't delete cause it has 0 bytes. When I use FBI and go to titles it actually detects the game as a folder with the exact title ID but if I try to delete it gives the permanent 27 error. I've checked my sd card going one by one with each file to see if I could manually delete the game but the folder doesn't exist. Has anyone seen this type of error before? JUST IN CASE SD CARD NOT THE ISSUE.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone if someone can help me out that be great. I have a corrupted animal crossing game that my 3ds can't delete cause it has 0 bytes. When I use FBI and go to titles it actually detects the game as a folder with the exact title ID but if I try to delete it gives the permanent 27 error. I've checked my sd card going one by one with each file to see if I could manually delete the game but the folder doesn't exist. Has anyone seen this type of error before? JUST IN CASE SD CARD NOT THE ISSUE.
Manage tickets, not titles.

R4ismychildhood

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
probably an h&s inject being removed because Health & Safety Information was updated in 11.8. you can install FBI.cia by using the 3dsx with rosalina's loader.
it worked!!! thx!!!!!!!!
"Note: 3DSX applications will freeze if the takeover title is set to Health & Safety. This is being worked on and will be fixed." didn't read this

Last edited by R4ismychildhood,

FatJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question, I'm on the dreaded 11.8 and have Mario Maker 3DS installed. After I installed it, I installed the update (both .cia, both through FBI). The game is still telling me I need to download the update on my home screen. Am I at risk for getting my system banned if I open it and update, or is there a way to install the update that I missed?

Rainierman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only issue you may come across is not having access to certain parts unless you have patch arm9 access enabled in Luma. But with that enabled it has everything the cia has
I'm having issues with this. I'm on b9s and on the latest Luma and I don't see anything regarding arm9 in the options.

For the record, the feature that's not working for me is Remote Install. The 3ds gets the incoming file message, but about 10 seconds after hitting accept, it gives me a permanent time out error.

Thank you for your time btw.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having issues with this. I'm on b9s and on the latest Luma and I don't see anything regarding arm9 in the options.

For the record, the feature that's not working for me is Remote Install. The 3ds gets the incoming file message, but about 10 seconds after hitting accept, it gives me a permanent time out error.

Thank you for your time btw.
What game title are you trying to download?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol