gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you using lumaCFW? You need a patch for the TWL thing that luma does, to install those. IS a DSI or GBA game? I know is not 3DS
Huh, I did not ever do any kind of manual patching to TWL, it works fine for me, and TWL patches should be unrelated to CIA installation anyway.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ryccardo

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is not set to anything and fbi is the only app saying i need a password. Should i just delete the cia and try to reinstall?
The only way, that I know of, to prevent FBI from asking for the PIN is to turn Parental Controls completely off. Deleting and reinstalling the CIA won't help.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Steveice10 Update idea. :)
Add cart dumping with option for decrypt roms for easy access to extracting on PC or direct installation to sd card. So you can Directly install games from cart to sd without needing double the space for Having cia file on SD + Required to install. If possible along with save injection all in one option.

Perhaps like something like this, as options.

Game cartridge copier>

Copy to rom (3DS) > Decrypt file? (YES NO) > Dump Header? (YES NO) > Dump Save? (YES NO)
Copy to cia (CIA) > Install game? (YES NO) > IF NO.... Decrypt File? (YES NO) > Inject save? (YES NO) > IF NO... Dump Save? (YES NO)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Steveice10 Update idea. :)
Add cart dumping with option for decrypt roms for easy access to extracting on PC or direct installation to sd card. So you can Directly install games from cart to sd without needing double the space for Having cia file on SD + Required to install. If possible along with save injection all in one option.

Perhaps like something like this, as options.

Game cartridge copier>

Copy to rom (3DS) > Decrypt file? (YES NO) > Dump Header? (YES NO) > Dump Save? (YES NO)
Copy to cia (CIA) > Install game? (YES NO) > IF NO.... Decrypt File? (YES NO) > Inject save? (YES NO) > IF NO... Dump Save? (YES NO)
It will not be easy, since we can't technically use the arm9 in 11.0.0 cfw to decrypt stuff (but possible with fw <9.5, correct me if i'm wrong). But yeah, if Steveice10 manage to do this, it would be awesome!

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will not be easy, since we can't technically use the arm9 in 11.0.0 cfw to decrypt stuff (but possible with fw <9.5). But yeah, if Steveice10 manage to do this, it would be awesome!
Sorry, i don't know the ins and out of how stuff work to know about possibility, all i know is people do the impossible often, or least what other doubt as possible. :P

I guess there is some difference in decrypt 9 and fbi installer that allows for one to do things other can't like rom copy. :)

Reactions: RealityNinja

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt9 doesn't install them, it just dumps directly to decrypted CIA.
Like he said This. I was told that it not possible using decrypt 9 reason by d0mk so i just bothered asking fbi caus it was suggested.:rolleyes:

Is nice to have the option to create cia, but to direct install is better to avoid the double storage requirement for having the file and installing it.:yay3ds:

Besides if unless you really want to, does anyone wanna power off their console just to boot decrypt9 to do stuff like dump or decrypt roms or cia?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Omegadrien and @Sonic Angel Knight
Decrypt9 can already dump cartridge games while installing them at the same time. But, iirc, this can only be done when used as a arm9 payload at boot with CFW.
The idea is to dump a 3ds card, convert it to cia and install it,
all on the fly XD.
Yep, for now, you can use decrypt9 to use the cart -> cia conversion, and then install the cia with FBI.

edit: ninja'd

Last edited by RealityNinja,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
The idea is to dump a 3ds card, convert it to cia and install it,
all on the fly XD.
Yep, for now, you can use decrypt9 to use the cart -> cia conversion, and then install the cia with FBI.
Decrypt9 is an arm9 homebrew, so impossible to install cia with it.
FBI is an arm11 homebrew, so need arm9 privileges (in theory?) to decrypt stuff.

edit: ninja'd
It might be possible to add an system call that allows you to make some arm9 calls from arm11, but that's not my area of specialty.

JC4Ever97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install the latest FBI.cia via BigBlueMenu on RXMODE EmuNAND when my EmuNAND's on firmware version 11.0.0-33? My SysNAND is on firmware version 7.2.0-17u.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install the latest FBI.cia via BigBlueMenu on RXMODE EmuNAND when my EmuNAND's on firmware version 11.0.0-33? My SysNAND is on firmware version 7.2.0-17u.
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.
Though at this point I would look into updating the system to 9.2 and running Luma3DS as your CFW instead of rxTools. rxTools is a dead project while Luma3ds has regular updates and support.
It's your choice though, I'm just recommending that.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the very quick reply! :) How do I convert from using rxTools to Luma3DS?
I would start here, which will set you up with luma + arm9loaderhax (better than trying to update to 9.2): https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
That, and you will have an issue because iirc rxTools required you to installed a patched TWL and AGB, while most modern CFW does it's patching on-the-fly, meaning it will try to patch those when they are already patched.
So if you do A9LH (which is so easy now I recommend it to everyone) and you want to copy your old emuNAND onto sysNAND, you will need to download fresh unaltered copies of the TWL and AGB firms, which someone will have to help with how to get those cause I have no memory of their title ID's to get them from 3DNUS.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That, and you will have an issue because iirc rxTools required you to installed a patched TWL and AGB, while most modern CFW does it's patching on-the-fly, meaning it will try to patch those when they are already patched.
So if you do A9LH (which is so easy now I recommend it to everyone) and you want to copy your old emuNAND onto sysNAND, you will need to download fresh unaltered copies of the TWL and AGB firms, which someone will have to help with how to get those cause I have no memory of their title ID's to get them from 3DNUS.
or go here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...stalled-a-patched-agbtwl-firm-cia-in-the-past

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to queue up local cia installs?

Say if I have 10 cias to install, so I dont need to install each one manually?

That would be awesome

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: