• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,501,656
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102
D

Deleted User

OP
Question about this program. I want to take my legit copy of Majora's Mask downloaded via eshop to emunand and install it via .cia on sysnand. Is this possible with ninjhax version? Or is there still some kind of issues with sig checks even though I have the game downloaded on my system? Do I have to create the .cia on my own with funkycia? How do I go about doing this?

Depends on whether FunkyCIA creates properly signed CIAs from your tickets. You'll have to ask cearp about that.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not something I can do, you'll have to use some sort of CFW or something similar that patches signature checks to use unsigned CIAs. Even if FBI patched checks, you wouldn't be able to run the installed CIA later as the patches would become undone.

I just tested this using PBT. FBI can install unsigned cia's in Ninjhax while booted into CFW. This isn't very useful however, since after being booted into PBT/Palantine, you are free to install cia's anyway... Also the cia's are still only bootable inside CFW. I haven't tried Palantine CFW, but it probably works with that too, considering PBT is a modification of Palantine CFW.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those wanting to downgrade to a previous cia:
You may have to delete the previous title, then reinstall it, as the system sees a newer version already installed. It wouldn't let me downgrade using a cia, but I WAS able to delete the title, and then reinstall a lower version title

Reactions: Margen67

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone on Windows wants to test some sockfile changes, here's a build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x57isoco0a3ipnh/sockfile_test.zip?dl=0

Probably won't work, but I did make *some* changes, so might as well test it. Errors should at least print out properly.

Cool, will test it out now and see if I get any different results from the old build.

edit: alright, getting proper error messages now.

I'm getting "failed to connect: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond".

This makes it sound like I have some sort of network issue. I don't have much time to test right now, and I like I said before ctrclient connects fine, but maybe there is really a network issue on my side. Will mess around later tonight and see if I can get things to work on my end.

edit2: I'm also still using the initial build of FBI, so I will update to the newest version when I try later tonight.

D

Deleted User

OP
I have the error 0x2b (database does not exist) any help?

n3ds xl ver 9.0

"No database" means that the SD title database hasn't been created, I believe. You'll need to download something (even a demo) from the eShop, or do the trick where you create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files in "/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" on your SD card, open SD app management in System Settings, and let it repair the files.

Of course, if you've already installed things before, I don't know why you would get this error.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've successfully uninstalled TWL_FIRM and DS Cart Whitelist from sysnand and installed TWL_FIRM and DS Cart White list from v2.0 initial scan versions from CDN (basically installed the oldest available versions on CDN). Appears to work. Though only DS flashcart I have is the Gateway Blue card so I can't really test that. It still works on my 9.2 sysnand after this so I assume this worked correctly.

So in theory anything that worked on 2.0 FW will now work on 9.2 which is what my sysnand is currently on.

I'd install the v1.0 TWL and DS Cart White list, but those aren't on the CDN. 1.0 launch FW isn't on CDN. Is it even possible to dump TWL to a CIA file like you can most other system titles? That's the only way I see 1.0 TWL becoming available to the rest of us. I emplore those who still have a 1.0 launch console to do this. That's assuming you have it nand modded and have a backup of your 1.0 launch FW that you can boot as emunand...if that is even possible. :P

Either way this appears to be safe. So if you are looking to downgrade TWL/DS Cart White list for better DS flashcart white list on 9.x sysnand. You now have a way to do it.

However for n3DS users:

Do not attempt to downgrade TWL_FIRM! n3DS has it's own version of TWL and the old 3DS version is NOT compatible! You can downgrade TWL on n3DS, but only to the oldest available version which is the one that came with 8.1 for Japan consoles and 9.0 for USA/Europe consoles. Installing 2.0 TWL from classic 3DS on N3DS will either brick it or break TWL!

DS Cart White list is not it's own version on n3DS. So you can still uninstall that from n3DS. Heck I wonder if you even have to install 2.0 DS Cart White list. Just uninstall it and be done with it. :P

EDIT:

Actually after further tests....Don't leave the DS Cart White List uninstalled. Oddly a "broken" one works (the version where people spoofed the version string and broke the signature), but if one isn't present at all, TWL won't boot. Even my legit DS games wouldn't boot.

So be sure to have some kind of DS Cart White list installed or DS games won't boot. Preferably the v2.0 (v1.0 if you have a way of dumping it from 1.0 FW).

Also I've uninstalled the following apps from sysnand without any adverse effects:

Health & Safety
Nintendo Zone
AR Games
Face Raiders
Mii Plaza

(refer to http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php for title IDs of the above mentioned apps. Note that some may have different title ids depending on your region of console)

I did this to help it boot up faster as I never use those. I will keep them on emunand however as I might find a use for one or two down the road. Emunand is where all my games live. Sysnand is just there so the console can power up. :P

Heck I could probably uninstall some applets as well like the friends list and Mii zone. I could also remove Activity Log, the audio player, and camera/video player app. But the camera applet might not work correctly without the camera/video player app and I may still use the camera applet for it's QR scanner. Obviously the Web Browser would stick around as well. :P

The audio player I will just keep there incase I want to bootup and just play some music. Especially if I'm on the road trip or something.

In either case, the above list of apps I have tested the system with them uinstalled and everything appears to still work. I don't know if this causes issues with playing games in sysnand. But the only game I may use in sysnand is Cubic Ninja and I did test that one as well and the Ninjhax exploit still works so that is all that matters for me on sysnand. Note n3DS may have different title IDs for certain apps. Especially those that have features only available on the n3DS.
Theoretically could I download the amiibo settings option for n3ds and install it on 9.2 sysnand

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
MH4U still leaves the I/O error. Tried with Big Red Menu and it won't even recognize the .cia. Might be a bad dump. Will test later with a second cia! :)

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely, It doesn't work on Emunand and I don't know why. It's problem of libkhax, because it says Unknown kernerl code (or something similar)

Who is the owner of libkhax? I want to contact him/her.

D

Deleted User

OP
MH4U still leaves the I/O error. Tried with Big Red Menu and it won't even recognize the .cia. Might be a bad dump. Will test later with a second cia! :)

Out of curiosity, when during the install process does this occur?

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having this error constantly while using the sockfile via linux;

Install Failed!
I/O Error.
Network interface is not configured

Press start to continue.

Any thing I'm doing wrong? This happens about 30% of the way in.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm having this error constantly while using the sockfile via linux;

Install Failed!
I/O Error.
Network interface is not configured

Press start to continue.

Any thing I'm doing wrong?

Check if your 3DS's wireless switch is enabled and if it is connected to the network.

Right after pressing agreeing to install. I'm re-downloading the .cia to see if there's anything else I can do.

Can you try this build?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phz76dxexxr1dvl/FBI_test.zip?dl=0

D

Deleted User

OP
Doesn't give the error. Currently at 0%, but I assume that's because of the size of it.

Good. Turns out it was another signed vs unsigned file size issue. Seeking interprets the input offset as signed, so the limit was 2GB. I simply changed my use of seeking to find the file size to use stat instead.

I've updated the release version with this fix.

It is, it was 30% done before it happened.

That's weird, maybe its disconnecting in the middle of the transfer for some reason. I'll look into it.

Reactions: Monado_III

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye