• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FBI needed bootstrap to work if I'm remembering correctly. So it won't work on Ninjhax 2 without additional exploits. (Unless Ninjhax2 has enough privileges from the start, which I seriously doubt.) Unsigned CIAs were installable only after signatures were patched.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
FBI needed bootstrap to work if I'm remembering correctly. So it won't work on Ninjhax 2 without additional exploits. (Unless Ninjhax2 has enough privileges from the start, which I seriously doubt.) Unsigned CIAs were installable only after signatures were patched.
It's a question of what services home menu allows because that is likely what NH 2.0 will have since it's based on regionfour.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
What about legit CIAs?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about legit CIAs?
Still depends on what Ninjhax 2 can access. If it's the same as the first Ninjhax you would still need something like bootstrap to install CIAs, legit or otherwise.

It's a question of what services home menu allows because that is likely what NH 2.0 will have since it's based on regionfour.
But regionfour just is using the first two steps of Ninjhax to get ROP under another app. And if he can get ROP under HomeMenu, he can probably get it under other things.

My point is that it's too early to know what he's going to allow.

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/smealum/status/621184678909771776

Last edited by Hashtastrophe,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice update :D, now is it time to have some nice GUI? I know it's not necesary but it would look very nice and modern.

Another feature would be to show headers of installed titles, don't know if that is even possible, since is a pain in the ass guessing the tittle ids before uninstall something, I had made various mistakes uninstalling games and reinstall them is a time killer.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does. Bootstrap was hella unstable (and brahma wasn't even a thing then from what I recall) so Steveice10 added libhax to FBI.
It wasn't really unstable per-se, it was just one-way. Libkhax is definitely cleaner for programs which actually need to return with kernel access available. I will say though I'm extremely doubtful ninjhax 2.0 will allow installing of .cias at all, at least for users on 9.3 and above, since this relies on kernel access to get extra services. No reason for libkhax to fail on vulnerable firmwares I don't think though.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't compile this, because I can't compile ctrcommon, because some devs seem to have an irrational fear of releasing compiled versions of their stuff. So...

Can someone compile it with these (I included icn/bnr files just in case) and give me the CIA. It's obviously not super important, but I'd like to make it look a little nicer.

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't compile this, because I can't compile ctrcommon, because some devs seem to have an irrational fear of releasing compiled versions of their stuff. So...

Can someone compile it with these (I included icn/bnr files just in case) and give me the CIA. It's obviously not super important, but I'd like to make it look a little nicer.
https://db.tt/UsKGIJLL
I didn't tested the cia.

Here is the latest ctrcommon, I've compiled:
https://db.tt/KREo3vDt

Last edited by gl1mml1ng,
Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

OP
FBI won't work with Ninjhax 2.0 unless it gives access to the am:u service, which I doubt it does.
Nice update :D, now is it time to have some nice GUI? I know it's not necesary but it would look very nice and modern.

Another feature would be to show headers of installed titles, don't know if that is even possible, since is a pain in the ass guessing the tittle ids before uninstall something, I had made various mistakes uninstalling games and reinstall them is a time killer.
As much as I'd love to have a nice GUI, coding a decent GUI can be a serious pain at times. I started work on the base code for a better GUI system a while ago, but I haven't gotten around to working on it more.

It should already show the title ID, along with other information, on the top screen, both for CIA files and installed titles.

R23D2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
has the latest fbi already the possibility to check what cia games are installed by game name? because it is pretty difficult to find out what games are installed based on file size or with ctr-n-abbt etc specially if you like to delete a game.

thanks

D

Deleted User

OP
has the latest fbi already the possibility to check what cia games are installed by game name? because it is pretty difficult to find out what games are installed based on file size or with ctr-n-abbt etc specially if you like to delete a game.

thanks
I currently don't have a way of figuring out the real name of a title, and I'd rather not use a database of title IDs to names.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get FBI to install.

I followed the tutorial here and step:
"4. Open the "fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir."
makes no sense because I can't find those folders anywhere. Downloaded the latest FBI release.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"4. Open the "fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir."
makes no sense because I can't find those folders anywhere. Downloaded the latest FBI release.
The FBI inject is found inside rxTools package not in FBI's release package.
That only does FBI 1.3.8.

Reactions: daicon

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Once you figure out how to get FBI to inject over the H&S app, use it to install the FBI.cia you downloaded. Now you have the latest version (as its own app).

You can then use the installed FBI to reinstall the H&S app. (Or keep two copies of FBI, whatever floats your goat)

Reactions: daicon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...