• Views 1,496,305
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed an Omega Ruby cia on this system, but I'm just experimenting, although I can't figure this out: once I have installed it, how do I uninstall it? The description says that I can uninstall with FBI, but I don't understand how to. I just need to uninstall this Omega Ruby cia I installed. However, I want to keep the other cias I installed (SaveDataFiler, DevMenu, etc.)

I see two versions of what I believe could be what I have installed:
  1. CTR-U-ECRA (ECRA was the name of the Omega Ruby 3DS file I created the cia file from) Its category is an "App" and its size is 1811.81 MB (so I assume this one is the game).
  2. However, what's confusing is that I see this as well: CTR-U-ECRA, Category: Patch, Size: 33.56 MB. I'm not sure what this is in relation to the game since I never updated the Omega Ruby (as there hasn't been a new update for it). Should I uninstall this as well?

Last edited by JohnTravolski,
D

Deleted User

OP
I installed an Omega Ruby cia on this system, but I'm just experimenting, although I can't figure this out: once I have installed it, how do I uninstall it? The description says that I can uninstall with FBI, but I don't understand how to. I just need to uninstall this Omega Ruby cia I installed. However, I want to keep the other cias I installed (SaveDataFiler, DevMenu, etc.)
Use the R button to switch modes to delete mode, find the title you want to remove in the list, and press A to uninstall it.

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I knew that, sorry, I added more detail to the original post. Hopefully it's clear what I'm referring to now. I should have included it originally.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. CTR-U-ECRA (ECRA was the name of the Omega Ruby 3DS file I created the cia file from) Its category is an "App" and its size is 1811.81 MB (so I assume this one is the game).
  2. However, what's confusing is that I see this as well: CTR-U-ECRA, Category: Patch, Size: 33.56 MB. I'm not sure what this is in relation to the game since I never updated the Omega Ruby (as there hasn't been a new update for it). Should I uninstall this as well?
One is the game and the other is the Update Data for the game.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I just go to the Data Management menu in settings to delete installed games.
I've never had an issue with the system removing other installed cias like SDF when I do this. If I open the menu in a CFW sigs are patched so it shows up like any other game, if normal sysNAND it shows as a [?] with no name but isn't removed. If you're going to bother installing a game like OR/AS might as well get the "legit" cia as it's region free and you can play it without a CFW.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the sudden FBI installer no longer installs non-legit games. It disapeared from my home screen. I can run it from the homebrew channel but it gives me that Description Invalid Signature error. Nothing but install fails and I am using the same file sources I downloaded earlier.

SonicHyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to use this to determine why my launch OG3DS fails to update. Whenever I try to system update via the settings app or a cia install. This happens to both emunand and sysnand. It black screens to:
An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again.
There are 5 titles I've discovered that it does this with, and each one outputs error 0xd9004588, SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT, and DESCRIPTION_AES_VERIFICATION_FAILED. I could provide more, but most of the text is cut off on the top screen. Anyone have any ideas?

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI doesn't work with Ninjax 2.0
No one ever said it would. Actually, people were telling us it wouldn't. However, a legit cia installer via NH 2.0 will be possible in the not-to-far-future. (i've heard from many knowledgeable people). And in the far future there will be a sig-patching CFW for NH 2.0. But now is the time to celebrate homebrew on 9.3 - 9.9. not to discuss piracy please. I don't know how many times i've said this.

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what !! FBI dosent work !!
i will ask Ninjax 2.0 refund ... !! right now :)
what a same ... lol ... :) :)

oh yeah i dont care since i have new 3DS xl zelda limited 9.0 :)

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would we be able to use this new CIA installer to downgrade a 9.3+ console to 9.2 or lower?
I'm guessing so, because CIA's download from 3DNUS are all "legit". But we would have to get sysupdater working first, because if you try to update sysnand via CIA's through DevMenu, BBM, etc you'll brick. I know. Because I bricked my O3DS XL NES Edition (Hoping to get a NAND mod soon but have my 9.9 2DS in the meantime :P )

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing so, because CIA's download from 3DNUS are all "legit". But we would have to get sysupdater working first, because if you try to update sysnand via CIA's through DevMenu, BBM, etc you'll brick. I know. Because I bricked my O3DS XL NES Edition (Hoping to get a NAND mod soon but have my 9.9 2DS in the meantime :P )
I bricked an O3DS with FBI too. Thankfully I only just bought it and simply exchanged it for another one.

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked an O3DS with FBI too. Thankfully I only just bought it and simply exchanged it for another one.
When you say that you bricked it with FBI, that was only when using FBI to make changes to the sysNAND, right? I use FBI quite often, but only to install things to the emuNAND. I sure hope that I can't brick it by doing that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...