• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,507,606
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102
D

Deleted User

OP
@Steveice10 Dude a new weird stuff going with the latest FBI. On FBI 1.4.X DSi Ware cia will show error. But new version Installed the DSi Ware without a problem. But not showing on menu.

Update:

Game showing up now. IDK where it installed. I selected SD to Install. But FBI showing it as NAND. AM confused.
I noted in the first post that FBI forces DSiWare installation to the NAND, since it must be installed there. If it's not appearing, see if it does after restarting your system.
Apparently you can't use the home button with the new build like you could the old one. You have to use start from the top menu. If you use the home button, the system crashes and you have to restart.

Or at least I have to.
Never happened to me, using the home button should work fine.
Hm after seeing the list of ticket.db for all my games I was wandering what would keep some one else from forking FBI 2.0, while at the same time adding the option to dump the ticket.db without using Windows programs or software.

Edit: yes you can delete the ticket.db
I believe you could dump the ticket.db as well via the CTR NAND browsing option.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Network install does not work for me in new version no matter what cia I try it goes to 4% then fails.I also have installed the mod version of fbi called fbi-chen-fix4 and all the cia files that failed to install over the network on the new version installed fine using the chen-fix4 version

Last edited by AmandaRose,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Network install does not work for me in new version no matter what cia I try it goes to 4% then fails. U also have the cia installed of fbi-chen-fix4 and all the cia files that failed to install over the network on the new version installed fine using the chen-fix4 version
You need to use an updated version of sockfile. Because the protocol changed socket punch and similar need to be updated.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to use an updated version of sockfile. Because the protocol changed socket punch and similar need to be updated.
Great only socket punch works on my Windows 10 PC (sockfile won't load for some reason) and I also like the android version of socketpunch guess I will need to wait for a update then lol before removing the Chen version.

Plus I am probably in the minority here but I actually prefer the looks of the old version of fbi compared to the new but I guess I will get used to it.

On a side note anyone know if the new version installs dlc correctly yet or do we still need to use bbm/Dev menu?

Last edited by AmandaRose,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Great only socket punch works on my Windows 10 PC (sockfile won't load for some reason) and I also like the android version of socketpunch guess I will need to wait for a update then lol before removing the Chen version.

Plus I am probably in the minority here but I actually prefer the looks of the old version of fbi compared to the new but I guess I will get used to it.

On a side note anyone know if the new version installs dlc correctly yet or do we still need to use bbm/Dev menu?
You need to run it from the command line using Java -jar sockfile.jar

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought this was to install CIA files?

Why am I prompted to install one of two completely different things onto my 3DS when all I want to do is install legit CIAS?

D

Deleted User

OP
If anyone is having trouble installing CIAs (including DLC), you can try this build. It deletes existing titles/tickets of the same title before installing, which might(?) help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/866yhujdg859mor/FBI.zip?dl=1

I thought this was to install CIA files?

Why am I prompted to install one of two completely different things onto my 3DS when all I want to do is install legit CIAS?
Can you elaborate?

Last edited by ,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anybody else getting a crash on exit. If you compiled from source yourself, you need to build the latest version of the citro3d library first. Even though everything seems to compile cleanly against the version included with devkitPro, it will crash on exit every time unless you've installed the upgraded library before compiling FBI.

Reactions: astronautlevel

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not possible to inject FBI 2.0 or 2.0.1 into your H&S application. You'll need to inject either 1.4.17 or DevMenu into your H&S and then install FBI 2.0.1
How do i do that wihout using any pc app? And i already have fbi installed as a cia. I also have an earlier version as a 3dsx

Last edited by jerrmy12,

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I haven't seen anybody posting themes elsewhere, I may as well drop mine in here. Unzip this and place the fbitheme folder on your SD card for some (slightly) improved graphics over the flat blue look. It's not particularly polished, I just wanted something better to look at while playing with the source for this the last few days.

Attachments

• bluewater-fbitheme.zip
    85 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: klear and usineur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1