Homebrew [Release] fastboot3DS - open source bootloader / chainloader

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, I have 3 questions about setting FB as boot.firm.

1) Is it gonna be the same just with the benefit of dumping bootroms?
2) If so, will it be a significantly slower boot time?
3) Would holding home still bring up the menu?
If you noticed, fb3DS can dump bootroms itself now. And boot times have been further reduced, so fb3DS will now practically guarantee a faster boot than b9s (when installed to FIRM0, of course).

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So what exactly is this SuperHax and what makes it different from the exploit that b9s uses to dump the bootroms?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to post in this thread and say thanks. I held off on modifying my old menuhax setup for so long since I can be absent-minded and didn't want to fade out on a step and brick my 3ds, but this was really painless and straightforward and helped me restore an emunand i dumped the night before completely seamlessly, and I love the customization this offers.

Half the reason I waited so long was that I was still using ctr boot manager since I like having access to a few things like decrypt9, hbl, and fbi before I start up considering I fucked up my emunand a few times "trying things", and between this and godmode9 I can now do everything I could before and then some.

Hopefully my post can convince someone else to take the leap, because I'll tell you what, those fucking repeated reboots just to get my emunand going on menuhax were total bullshit, despite my utmost respect to the author/exploit. I was getting really tired of the instability getting it running then leaving it in sleep mode to not deal with that shit, and running my battery down half the time. Coupled with the wonkyness of dsiware with emunand launching and having to install dupes, it was totally time for a change.

Reactions: d0k3

newbie_3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I want to install CFW from the beggining followingt the guide. Can somebody help me install this in the proccess or i just have to follow the guide and after that install fastboot3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7