Homebrew [Release] ds rom forwarders for hiyacfw

  • Thread starter Thread starter edo9300
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 39,304
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Likes Likes 16
I can't seem to get this to work. I just get a white screen when trying to boot the game. I have tried the various bootstraps. Which ones have you guys had success with?
 
I can't seem to get this to work. I just get a white screen when trying to boot the game. I have tried the various bootstraps. Which ones have you guys had success with?
I think the issue may be due to save files i edited the bootstrap.ini file to load my existing save for pokemon platinum and it worked fine after that
 
I think the issue may be due to save files i edited the bootstrap.ini file to load my existing save for pokemon platinum and it worked fine after that

This is a recently formatted/factory reset DSi. I don't have any save files currently. However, I will look at the bootstrap.ini and see what I can figure out.

I am trying to make it easier for my daughter to be able to launch the games w/o having to go past the DSi menu.
 
This is a recently formatted/factory reset DSi. I don't have any save files currently. However, I will look at the bootstrap.ini and see what I can figure out.

I am trying to make it easier for my daughter to be able to launch the games w/o having to go past the DSi menu.
You could also set it to autoboot TWLMenu++, place the games on the root, and hide (not delete) any folders.
 
I were to run homebrew from this, does anybody know how to edit the bootstrap per-game configuration to use direct boot in dsi mode and extended VRAM?
 
I were to run homebrew from this, does anybody know how to edit the bootstrap per-game configuration to use direct boot in dsi mode and extended VRAM?
Direct boot isn't an nds-bootstrap config option, but for any modern homebrew that can run without nds-bootstrap you can use Title Manager for HiyaCFW to install it
 
  • Like
Reactions: banjo2
I've found a little issue.
When starting a Multi Language game (in this case, Magic Made Fun) in my case, it starts in english, ignoring my Dsi's language (Spanish)
Using it on Twilight Menu++ does open the game in Spanish
 
There are some games that don't start correctly like Ninokuni, Zelda Spirit Tracks, DQ V, etc but with TW Menu++ starts without any problem :sleep:
Do you expect to update this tool or no longer? :unsure:
 
Is something like the 3DS Activity Log for the DS so I can track how much time I spent on each game? Also is there a limit to the installed DS forwarders?
 
Update: Game is working now after I reinstalled HiyaCFW and TWiLight Menu.

Tested on 3 games and two of them worked. Unfortunately, I've been getting a black and white screen with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I already tried both Windows and DSi versions and also both old and new template.nds.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3648.JPG
    IMG_3648.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 276
Last edited by polochamps,
I don't know if you still maintain this, but this still uses the save found in the same folder as the NDS by default, but TWLM++ now puts saves in the saves folder wherever the .NDS is located.
 
Last edited by banjo2,

Site & Scene News