Hacking [RELEASE] drxtool - gamepad+drh firmware hacking utility

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i want learn to use this too
Get a copy of gamepad firmware (connect to your console with ftpiiu-everywhere and download from MLC /sys/title/00050010/10043?00/content/drc_fw.bin)
Drag and drop the file over drxtool.exe and it will be extracted to a folder in the same place as the drc_fw.bin
Drag and drop the folder itself over drxtool when you want to recompress; of course it's not terribly useful unless you make some changes to the firmware first, but making changes is not the purpose of drxtool itself :)

palsch

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,
does anybody already tried to change the gamepad region?

I need a motherboard replacement for my european Gamepad, but all I can find to buy are US motherboards.

Thanks!

insx

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there currently any way to flash firmware into a gamepad which is stuck in an update loop?

guillaume633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any way with CBHC to completely change wiiu region to connect another region gamepad?
I have a US wiiu and a EUR gamepad; if not possible I will switch gamepad motherboard with a US one.

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, modifications to allow stuff like region unlocking/changing and enabling the DK Menu (not that you need it on retail, but...) are possible now. I'd check out libdrc's RE docs for a crash course on firmware format and gamepad internals, since there's quite a lot going on.
As an example, you can tear into the main ARM processor's firmware by loading LVC_.bin as ARM little-endian at address 0x0 in your tool of choice.

EDIT: I do have plans to release something allowing people to change boot screens too, as was demonstrated in the past. At the moment that tool's still in proof-of-concept state (haven't touched it since I made that video) and needs a rework, so expect to see it eventually.
What's DK menu? What all can you do in debug mode?

LuLguy9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hello nice work but is there an offical disscord? cuz i would love to do region free gamepad then nothing stops me from getting an Base 8GB(J) unit i currently only own an Premium 32GB(E) unit. and looking at dates wow last post was in FEB 2019 was there some work don in that 1 yr gap?

Last edited by LuLguy9999,

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi there,

would like some tips to understand this line 100% correct

try bumping up the first big-endian u32 in blob_header.bin by 1

drc_fw blob header : 19 0C 01 17 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 04 00 2C DE A5 and the version on app.xml is 190c
what is the correct new values so i can the wii u detect the update and send it the pad

Thanks

Anomaladox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I am understanding this correctly but I would assume that would mean doing something like this:
19 1C 01 17 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 04 00 2C DE A5 and then changing 190c in the app.xml to 191c.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
any chance anyone could make the gamepad rumble in wiivc injects? by using the wiimote rumble code or something?

gavinlai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I verified Euro and JPN GamePAD firmware from drc_fw.bin extract files. Only two files different: ERR_.bin and INDX.bin.
drc_fw.png

Indx.bin only one bit different: Japan is 0, Euro is 2, like WiiU console system. (nor sure, just think about it).
indx.png

Last edited by gavinlai,

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I verified Euro and JPN GamePAD firmware from drc_fw.bin extract files. Only two files different: ERR_.bin and INDX.bin.
View attachment 300585

Indx.bin only one bit different: Japan is 0, Euro is 2, like WiiU console system. (nor sure, just think about it).
View attachment 300584
The region is read from the EEPROM not from the firmware. To change the region you would need to write to the EEPROM which might mess with other things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol