Hacking [RELEASE] drxtool - gamepad+drh firmware hacking utility

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this will lead to being able to use the gamepad in wii mode to play wii games that require nunchuk / wiimote using some kind of emulated wiimote controls.
This won't lead to that. Thats a completely different thing. This is hacking the gamepad's firmware.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
This won't lead to that. Thats a completely different thing. This is hacking the gamepad's firmware.

Yes, so modifying the gamepad firmware isn't it possible to make a CFW for the controller to allow it to appear as other controllers? The Nes30pro by 8bitdo has a firmware that allows it to emulate other controllers.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, so modifying the gamepad firmware isn't it possible to make a CFW for the controller to allow it to appear as other controllers? The Nes30pro by 8bitdo has a firmware that allows it to emulate other controllers.
Gamepad uses WiFi as opposed to Bluetooth, so it would be nigh on impossible to make vWii think it's a Wii remote

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Gamepad uses WiFi as opposed to Bluetooth, so it would be nigh on impossible to make vWii think it's a Wii remote

it does have a bluetooth module inside, though. but yeah unless someone wants to write a whole custom firmware for the controller and switch to and from this special firmware just to use in vWii.... not happening.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the first I've ever heard of the Wii U Gamepad having a Bluetooth module. It definitely has a 5 GHz 802.11n WiFi module and NFC.

http://libdrc.org/docs/re/overview.html shows the WiFi module (BCM4319) and the NFC functionality, but not Bluetooth.

hm, after looking into it it seems I had misunderstood some teardown images, what I was thinking was bluetooth was the nfc daughterboard. sorry.

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone actually know how vwii titles get gamepad support on the wiiu side? As vwii titles don't work with rednand i'm guessing it still has something to do with the vwii side?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone actually know how vwii titles get gamepad support on the wiiu side? As vwii titles don't work with rednand i'm guessing it still has something to do with the vwii side?
Actually, VC Wii games work in redNAND as long as they are installed on sysNAND as well (not sure if this extends to USB)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK there's two versions of the vWii OS on the Wii U side:
  • OSv0: Standard vWii OS
  • OSv1: "Enhanced" vWii OS that provides classic controller emulation for games that use it
What could be done is somehow convincing OSv1 to load title 1-2 (Wii System Menu) with classic controller emulation enabled. I have no idea how this would be done, though.

Reactions: jbuck1975

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your responses. I use rednand with everything installed to usb. I tried to launch SMG2 via usb on rednand (would not work) i have another sd setup with sysnand patches & that works. So rednand is the problem. Not the end of the world.

It would be interesting to see if anyone could figure out the gamepad support for advanced vwii osv1.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gist of it from what I recall is OSv1 leaves the DRH enabled, and eWii IOS (eshop wii, our nickname) just knows how to communicate with DRH over USB to get inputs and forward them as normal Wii inputs. eWii hax and streaming from pc->gamepad are a bit outside of the scope of this thread though, and are really more suited for their own discussion threads imo.

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
The gist of it from what I recall is OSv1 leaves the DRH enabled, and eWii IOS (eshop wii, our nickname) just knows how to communicate with DRH over USB to get inputs and forward them as normal Wii inputs. eWii hax and streaming from pc->gamepad are a bit outside of the scope of this thread though, and are really more suited for their own discussion threads imo.

Thanks for clearing that up.

zazuradia

Trophies
XP
Country
First I don't see the utility of using two device for watching a video. Second I think there is UsendMii

Theoretically, we could create a virtual monitor in the PC with 480p resolution and stream what's it it directly to the gamepad. Mapping the gamepad to PC controls, BOOM, all of the Steam games on your hand directly from your powerful PC. But this is only one use. The result is a PC gamepad with an independent PC screen for whatever you may think of.

Tales117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anybody teach me how to use this tool please? I got Japanese Wii U console and I want to connect US gamepad with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Well that was awkward.