Hacking [Release] Dragon Quest Builders Orchestral Overhaul Mod

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the makers of Dragon Quest XI Orchestral Overhaul Mod, we present Dragon Quest Builders Orchestral Overhaul Mod.

Main goal of this mod is to provide the proper auditory experience that is deserving of this masterpiece of a game by applying all available orchestral variants of the songs present in the game, as composed by Koichi Sugiyama and performed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra.
All necessary steps to obtain musical bliss will be detailed below.

Hopefully it need not be said, but...
PLEASE, follow this guide thoroughly as to avoid compatibility issues and so that your experience in using this mod is as frustration-free as possible.

This video below will give you a glimpse of what you can expect from our mod:

Installation:
First, download our mod package from one of the links below which contain all the necessary files:

Mirror 1 (MEGA): https://pastebin.com/YbmCfHLv
Mirror 2 (GDrive): https://pastebin.com/Sb1zrhx5

After downloading the mod, extract the contents of the archive with the mod to a folder of your own choice, it's compressed in 7z format which can be unpacked using 7zip or WinRAR, though we do recommend 7zip for best compatibility to avoid any potential issues.

Next you'll want to make sure you're using the latest version of the "rePatch" plugin for Vita, you can get it below:
https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases

Now all you will need to do is select the "rePatch" folder from this unpacked OOM archive and copy it to the root of your memory card - this is crucial.
The patch is for the US version of the game (PCSE00912) but it will probably also work fine for the EU version (PCSB00981) if you rename the folder inside "rePatch" from PCSE00912 to PCSB00981.

The only thing left for you at this point is to simply start the game and enjoy it with the Orchestral Overhaul Mod in all its restored glory!

Closing Words:
Our team REFUSES and will NOT accept any form of donation for this project, everyone on the team loves these games as much as you and believe that this is the absolute best way to experience one of the finest entries in the series.
While assuming and hopeful that you already have, please support this series and the amazing music that has come about because of these games.

If there are any issues with the contents of the mod, installation or there's any other issues you might have then please don't hesitate and write in the thread.
Be warned that 3 of the tracks aren't orchestrated and remain synth, however this is simply because those tracks do not have any orchestral recordings available at all, they are the night town themes from the remakes of Dragon Quest III and IV so please do not report those as issues.
Thank you for understanding.

We also have a PS4 version of this mod available right now:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dragon-quest-builders-orchestral-overhaul-mod.532981/
As well as a Switch version also available right now:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dragon-quest-builders-orchestral-overhaul-mod.533149/

CREDITS:
Canzah - Project lead and coordinator, loop points tweaks and improvements, normalizing volume, encoding the music and FMV files, injecting music into the game files.
Preta - Adapting the Symphonic Suites for use within the game and creating loop points.
Infogram - Programming, file research, creating our toolset.
Special thanks to Scenedikemon who was unfortunately unable to help due to personal reasons, but offered moral support for the rest of us.

CHANGELOG:
V1
- First Release!
- All music that has orchestral variants has been fully orchestrated!
- Opening video quality improved over original

Last edited by Canzah,

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really nice[emoji3577] [emoji108] good see the Vita mod scene still going strong

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(like those "snes MSU-1" music packages)

This is the second, music pack for a vita game if i'm not mistaken..............the first one was for Final Fantasy X to restore the music to the PS2 console for the vita. (which is good but the ps2 didn't sound that great).........big difference, awesome!

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This release has given me another reason to play DQB again. Any other project or OST replacement/enhancement mod you got planned?

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about Dragon Quest Heroes 2?
Personally I'd love to do the Heroes games and I know one of the other team members was potentially interested in it but only in far future, right now we have no plans on touching those games anytime soon.

Reactions: ExData7

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'd love to do the Heroes games and I know one of the other team members was potentially interested in it but only in far future, right now we have no plans on touching those games anytime soon.
Ah okay still neat to know that it's in the cards for you guys in the future

darkmolddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Amazing, i have always the same problem with this game, metallic noise of the music, the only dragon quest a played was the XI because i could install the same mod. Time to try this one. Will u release a new version?

Last edited by darkmolddd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet...