Hacking [Release] CPU Clock Configure Plugin for NTR CFW (New3DS Only)

ashinnblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get this to work? I put the cpuclock.plg in /plugin/game but no additional menu shows up in any game I run. I thought NTR required game id folders for plug-ins to work? The screen flashed green during boot-up of Pokémon X if that's of any use.

It's /plugin/home, not /plugin/game/

quazimojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to hit both buttons when the game starts. X+Y at the same time i believe . Then make a selection, confirm with A button and back out with B.

This is a great plugin for some older games that ran like total *** on old and new 3ds.

It also seems to speed up load times as well in games.

Last edited by quazimojo,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I just tried this with OR, and I honestly can't tell a difference. Battles are equally laggy with Primal Groudon, whether using the default CPU clock or the fastest setting.

I guess the GPU is the bottleneck there.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Margen67

ashinnblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just tried this with OR, and I honestly can't tell a difference. Battles are equally laggy with Primal Groudon, whether using the default CPU clock or the fastest setting.

Pokemon that have higher quality models and have a lot of effects still cause lag.

It lagged for me when I used Mega Rayquaza, but for the most part most part FPS has improved.

Try using other Pokemon in battles and see if it lags then.

Last edited by ashinnblunts,

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was recently found that New3DS's CPU clock runs at 804MHz when running system menu or playing New3DS-only titles (i.e. Xenoblade), which is about 3x faster then Old3DS.
However, when running games for old3ds, New3DS will set its clock-rate to 268MHz and disable the additional 2MB L2 cache to simulate the Old3DS's behaviors.

This plugin allows you configure the cpu clock rate and enable the additional L2 cache, which could improve the performance of Old3DS titles running on New3DS hardware. From a simple test, the MGS3 game was more than 2x faster on loading scenes.
I haven't test this plugin on other games, please tell me if you have tried it.

Usage:
Copy cpuclock.plg to /plugin/home in the sdcard.
Boot NTR and start the game, after the Nintendo 3DS logo disappeared and game screen was displayed, choose the 'CPU Clock' item in NTR Menu.
Select the last configure for the best performance, the first one is the default configure for running Old3DS titles.

See Also:
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware

That is so cool!!!! I'll have to keep this thread bookmarked when upper FW's get kernel access. Very useful!! Does anyone want to test Fire Emblem Awakening for me to see if there's any difference?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Pokemon that are high quality models and have a lot of effects still cause lag.

It only lagged for me when I used Mega Rayquaza, but for the most part most part FPS has improved.

Try using other Pokemon in the battles and see if it lags then.
Well, when I played rotation battle in Battle Maison, I didn't really notice any lag regardless of the CPU setting. Then I remembered Primal Groudon made the game lag a lot, but it's not usable in Maison, so I went elsewhere to see if it makes any difference when I use Groudon. I haven't done a lot of testing but it seems like it makes a minimal difference at best in Pokemon games.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Please, someone make a video of it comparing Pokemon, but more specifically triple battles, as they are super slow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@