Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If I have "bad" cias of games installed, whether from games I converted myself or from ones downloaded elsewhere, is it safe to upload my dectitlekeys.bin? That is, will the site automatically filter/reject keys that are not valid? I don't want to corrupt their database by replacing good keys with bad ones.
they test the keys don't worry.
but also, decrypt9 only dumps keys from games you have bought, so it won't be a problem anyway :)
(if you want to get the keys of games you pirated because you think the cia 'has a good key' - you can use an earlier version of decrypt9 that doesn't check whether or not you bought the game when dumping your keys)

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Drakia

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
they test the keys don't worry.
but also, decrypt9 only dumps keys from games you have bought, so it won't be a problem anyway :)
(if you want to get the keys of games you pirated because you think the cia 'has a good key' - you can use an earlier version of decrypt9 that doesn't check whether or not you bought the game when dumping your keys)

Which version of decrypt9wip added that feature?

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I tried this after FBI failed to install DLC from QR code, and this worked right off the bat.

What is this app doing that trying to install tickets and then data from QR code with FBI is failing to?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I forgot to fix a bug I pointed out in FBI where it's using the system language instead of region for the seed download. Try setting your systems language to English and it should work.
I'm ONLY an English speaker, so my language it set that way and always has been. This particular game's region, however, is "All". I'd have to flash an older seeddb to be able to test this again :/

Last edited by urherenow,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm ONLY an English speaker, so my language it set that way and always has been. This particular game's region, however, is "All". I'd have to flash an older seeddb to be able to test this again :/
I did test the game, downloaded and seed installed fine. I'm not sure what's going on then

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did test the game, downloaded and seed installed fine. I'm not sure what's going on then
I do have 1 Japanese game so I use the Luma option for language/region emulation for the DLC to work. That really shouldn't affect anything else though AFAIK. That's supposed to be a per-game thing...

SunUios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem I go to install the ticket on a 2DS a9lh with luma on sys with the cia version of it and it says installed ticket so I check to see if it is on the sd card a its not there

any suggestions I have already tried older versions

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I am having a problem I go to install the ticket on a 2DS a9lh with luma on sys with the cia version of it and it says installed ticket so I check to see if it is on the sd card a its not there

Try just downloading it in cia format

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Tickets are not downloaded as a file, they are installed directly to the 3ds.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Is there a reason it needs to be updated? It currently supports installing all titles from the 3ds titlekey database
I believe that adding some new functions would not hurt. How can pause the download and can continue at another time.
Have support for other languages would also be cool.
The program is good but in my opinion missing some things.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Create the version graphic app please.
Feel free to contribute, it's open source after all: https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel
Otherwise, you'll have to wait until one of us has the time/inclination to actually rewrite half of the program to be graphical.

I believe that adding some new functions would not hurt. How can pause the download and can continue at another time.
Have support for other languages would also be cool.
The program is good but in my opinion missing some things.
There will be new features eventually, but at the moment I'm happy with it working as intended and allowing people to grab the latest releases from the titlekey database. Once any of the devs have time to do more, we will, but that is entirely dependent on real life. As I said above, it's open source, so feel free to contribute.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will need to try this again from sysnand after disabling region/language emulation in Luma...

image.jpeg

EDIT: Never mind. I'm stupid. I can't possibly test this with sysnand because I still use a 9.2 sysnand (no seeddb). FBI is able to import the seed on emunand though so there is still something fishy. I'll have to install another newish title on emunand to test.

Last edited by urherenow,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Literally the only thing I would change is that when the region is set to a specific region (use,eur) games like Pokemon don't show up because they're under ALL. if they're under ALL then they should show up no matter what region imo. Honestly tho it makes no difference, it's just perfection I'm saying this but in reality wtv lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol