Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

alantrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When are the listed games/dlcs usually updated?
Or more specifically when will the Hyrule Warriors Legends: Majora's Masks DLC be available?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When are the listed games/dlcs usually updated?
Or more specifically when will the Hyrule Warriors Legends: Majora's Masks DLC be available?
DLC is contributed as a single entity, not one key per DLC. If the DLC for your region exists, you should be able to just install it. If not, you have to wait for someone to contribute the titlekey to the database.

Reactions: alantrik

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLC is contributed as a single entity, not one key per DLC. If the DLC for your region exists, you should be able to just install it. If not, you have to wait for someone to contribute the titlekey to the database.

I want to contribute to this database but not really familiar with how to do so. Like the game disney art academy, what do I need to do to get the relevant things to upload to it? Same for lego star wars force awakens. And does it matter if its a physical or digital release?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I want to contribute to this database but not really familiar with how to do so. Like the game disney art academy, what do I need to do to get the relevant things to upload to it? Same for lego star wars force awakens. And does it matter if its a physical or digital release?

Titlekeys i think are dumped from digital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do we contribute titlekeys to the database? None of the Lego games are currently listed.
We can't link to the site, since it contains copyrighted content, you can find it by googling 3ds titlekey database.
Use Decrypt9 to dump your decrypted titlekeys (Decrypt9 > Titlekey Options > Titlekey Decrypt. Or something like that). Go to the site, upload the decTitleKeys.bin file it created. That will contain the titlekeys for all of the titles on your 3DS.
Titlekeys are only used/available from purchased digital copies of games.

Reactions: hiten

Steve The Squid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's 3 of the Lego games on that 3ds database, while none are in ciangel, which I updated today, which I why I wondered how I could contribute them. I don't own any of the games to get titlekeys, I'd love if grafate could put them up

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's 3 of the Lego games on that 3ds database, while none are in ciangel, which I updated today, which I why I wondered how I could contribute them. I don't own any of the games to get titlekeys, I'd love if grafate could put them up
Make sure your region filter (Shown at the bottom of the top screen) is set to "off" and not "ALL" (They are different, "off" is no region filter, "ALL" is an actual region).

Reactions: cvskid

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a danger to downloading an out-of-region version of a game? Just strange that I found no problem finding Project X Zone 1 (which I own legit), but then couldn't find its sequel, even though I know it should be available; or rather, I find the Euro version, but I have a US version 3DS. I just recall that out-of-region CIA's tended to trip ban flags.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a danger to downloading an out-of-region version of a game? Just strange that I found no problem finding Project X Zone 1 (which I own legit), but then couldn't find its sequel, even though I know it should be available; or rather, I find the Euro version, but I have a US version 3DS. I just recall that out-of-region CIA's tended to trip ban flags.
I've never heard of anyone getting banned for playing a game of a different region. Maybe if you play a game that isn't actually available for your region, and you play it online.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody has tripped into a ban from using CIAs as far as I know, no matter whether the region matches or not. I would avoid playing an online game of another region though

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a danger to downloading an out-of-region version of a game? ... I just recall that out-of-region CIA's tended to trip ban flags.

Nobody has tripped into a ban from using CIAs as far as I know, no matter whether the region matches or not. I would avoid playing an online game of another region though

Is there a danger? Yes, absolutely.

Could they require (or add) a validation check to the firmware, such that upgrades would validate only single-region games were played / installed on the unit? Sure.

Could a future update's online play function require running a (signed/encrypted) downloaded binary, that allows dynamic system checks? Absolutely.
Look at the debug information that some tools here can dump: titlekeys for your system, your system's serial number, your NNID, etc. Moreover, what applications you use is logged on the system. Thus, a future update's online play could require downloading and run of some new validation code, which sends this information....

Will I describe even more diabolical combinations and implementations? Not publicly.

What's mitigates the danger?
Changes to console code are difficult to test, and risk of breaking things is generally high. So, preferred practice is to minimize changes. Cost/Benefit just hasn't justified extreme measures. See recent update's changes to memory allocations... even these were limited to titles because they had to test to ensure things wouldn't break.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is a lot of "ifs" and "coulds" to say the answer is absolutely yes.

Could they require (or add) a validation check to the firmware, such that upgrades would validate only single-region games were played / installed on the unit? Sure.
This exists, CFW bypasses it.

Could a future update's online play function require running a (signed/encrypted) downloaded binary, that allows dynamic system checks? Absolutely.
That's true, they could, but they don't right now. It could also most likely be bypassed by CFW just like signature checks and region checks.

Moreover, what applications you use is logged on the system. Thus, a future update's online play could require downloading and run of some new validation code, which sends this information....
Friends can already see what you're playing, which means this information is already sent, and yet look at that 0 ban count due to playing CIAs.

Reactions: Serphirot

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cearp it seems we still have to go back and use FBI to import the seed after installing with CIAngel. Any reason why this function can't simply be borrowed directly from FBI?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp it seems we still have to go back and use FBI to import the seed after installing with CIAngel. Any reason why this function can't simply be borrowed directly from FBI?
CIAngel takes care of this, i think Drakia added that part, i installed a few games and it worked fine for me and many other people.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just built the current source last night. Used it to install Kirby: Planet Robot. Had to use FBI to get the seed. (CIAngel actually gave an error with the seed, but downloaded and installed the game without it).

@Drakia @cearp

Last edited by urherenow,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just built the current source last night. Used it to install Kirby: Planet Robot. Had to use FBI to get the seed. (CIAngel actually gave an error with the seed, but downloaded and installed the game without it).

@Drakia @cearp
Looks like I forgot to fix a bug I pointed out in FBI where it's using the system language instead of region for the seed download. Try setting your systems language to English and it should work.

Reactions: cearp and Xenosaiga

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
We can't link to the site, since it contains copyrighted content, you can find it by googling 3ds titlekey database.
Use Decrypt9 to dump your decrypted titlekeys (Decrypt9 > Titlekey Options > Titlekey Decrypt. Or something like that). Go to the site, upload the decTitleKeys.bin file it created. That will contain the titlekeys for all of the titles on your 3DS.
Titlekeys are only used/available from purchased digital copies of games.

If I have "bad" cias of games installed, whether from games I converted myself or from ones downloaded elsewhere, is it safe to upload my dectitlekeys.bin? That is, will the site automatically filter/reject keys that are not valid? I don't want to corrupt their database by replacing good keys with bad ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1