Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just want to say thanks for answering all of my questions, one slightly related but unrelated question is how do I get my DLC to not be removed when i enter eshop?
There is no way, no one figured out why this happens yet. Also, someone loses every DLC when enters eshop (like you), while i read that someone doesn't lose them, so it's pretty random...

EDIT: ninja'd, thanks slow connection...

Last edited by W4T4R1,
Reactions: medoli900

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way, no one figured out why this happens yet. Also, someone loses every DLC when enters eshop (like you), while i read that someone doesn't lose them, so it's pretty random...

EDIT: ninja'd, thanks slow connection...

It has been solved and said many times. It's because users have purchased dlc in the past, so tickets have been generated on the system. When entering eshop or theme shop, eshop checks the ticket and removes "invalid" entries. If a user has never purchased dlc or a theme (tickets are different for themes and dlc) then their Cia versions will never be removed because they don't have a ticket generated for eshop to validate.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been solved and said many times. It's because users have purchased dlc in the past, so tickets have been generated on the system. When entering eshop or theme shop, eshop checks the ticket and removes "invalid" entries. If a user has never purchased dlc or a theme (tickets are different for themes and dlc) then their Cia versions will never be removed because they don't have a ticket generated for eshop to validate.
What if it's a free DLC? Does it have to be DLC of a specific game? What if DLC of one game has been obtained through eShop, but DLC of another game has been installed from a CIA?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if it's a free DLC? Does it have to be DLC of a specific game? What if DLC of one game has been obtained through eShop, but DLC of another game has been installed from a CIA?

Free DLC generates a ticket as well. No specific game at all, any purchased or free DLC creates a ticket that the system can then check against, and since it's tied to your NNID, it will always download said ticket even if you get a new console and tie the NNID to it.

Installing via CIA doesn't create this ticket, but add's data to the ticket if it already exists (from free or purchased DLC), which is why it gets purged when entering eShop or ThemeShop. So in short, the DLC doesn't actually get removed/uninstalled, just the pointer in the ticket that it is installed. If there were a way to regenerate or backup the ticket and restore it before/after entering the shop, the problem wouldn't exist. Dev's haven't really devoted time to it though (that I know of, haven't checked this site in a while), and I only have the issue with Theme's, so I just bought the few I liked (other than the now un-attainable Famicon theme) and deal with it.

Last edited by Maximilious,

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free DLC generates a ticket as well. No specific game at all, any purchased or free DLC creates a ticket that the system can then check against, and since it's tied to your NNID, it will always download said ticket even if you get a new console and tie the NNID to it.

Installing via CIA doesn't create this ticket, but add's data to the ticket if it already exists (from free or purchased DLC), which is why it gets purged when entering eShop or ThemeShop. So in short, the DLC doesn't actually get removed/uninstalled, just the pointer in the ticket that it is installed. If there were a way to regenerate or backup the ticket and restore it before/after entering the shop, the problem wouldn't exist. Dev's haven't really devoted time to it though (that I know of, haven't checked this site in a while), and I only have the issue with Theme's, so I just bought the few I liked (other than the now un-attainable Famicon theme) and deal with it.
OK, thank you for clarifying, but that doesn't answer my question. If I download a DLC though eShop for one game, and then install DLC for another game, will that DLC get erased, even though it's for a different game?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, thank you for clarifying, but that doesn't answer my question. If I download a DLC though eShop for one game, and then install DLC for another game, will that DLC get erased, even though it's for a different game?
It will only delete no official/purchased DLC. So if I have 2 DLCs, one purchased, and the other downloaded with a ticket from another 3DS, it will only delete the downloaded DLC my 3DS don't own.

Last edited by RealityNinja,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What part of another game did you not read?
If the DLC for the another game is not purchased via the eShop (ticket from other 3DS), it will be erased the next time you will connect to the eShop.... Only if you have created a NNID.... But the other DLC will be fine.

edit: when i said it's "erased", it's just that you can't access it on the game. I don't understand, that post already answer your question...

Reactions: Maximilious

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the DLC for the another game is not purchased via the eShop (ticket from other 3DS), it will be erased the next time you will connect to the eShop.... Only if you have created a NNID.... But the other DLC will be fine.

edit: when i said it's "erased", it's just that you can't access it on the game. I don't understand, that post already answer your question...
OK, so no matter for what game I purchase DLC, any DLC that I install will get erased, even if it's not for that particular game. Is that right? Demos, patches, and themes (the latter are different type of DLC) do not count, is that right, too?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, so no matter for what game I purchase DLC, any DLC that I install will get erased, even if it's not for that particular game. Is that right? Demos, patches, and themes (the latter are different type of DLC) do not count, is that right, too?
Yep, any DLC you don't own installed with an installer (FBI, ciangel, etc), will be "deleted" if you access the eShop, but not the purchased DLC.
It can be Themes, DLC for games, etc

You can experiment it yourself, you will understand....

Reactions: Maximilious

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, any DLC you don't own installed with an installer (FBI, ciangel, etc), will be "deleted" if you access the eShop, but not the purchased DLC.
It can be Themes, DLC for games, etc

You can test it yourself!
OK, good to know, because up until today, I haven't bought any DLC, but I did download the free Sonic Boom theme from the Theme Shop, but I guess that shouldn't affect the eShop DLC, is that right?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, good to know, because up until today, I haven't bought any DLC, but I did download the free Sonic Boom theme from the Theme Shop, but I guess that shouldn't affect the eShop DLC, is that right?
That exact, you have "bought" the theme for free, it's your theme, with a valid ticket for your 3DS! It will not be "erased".

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it will doesn't affect anything! And if it will, all you have to do is re-download it from the theme shop.
Oh, OK, gotcha! Thank you for the clarification! :yay3ds: And sorry for the awful lot of questions. I really needed to get that clarified.

Now I am considering trying the DLC for HW Legends.

Last edited by MushGuy,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not sure if I understand correctly. CIAngel shouldn't create these DLC tickets, so it doesn't get purged? Also, it gets purged not only if you go on ThemeShop or eShop, but also if you install something with CIAngel. The games are fine, but not the DLC.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if I understand correctly. CIAngel shouldn't create these DLC tickets, so it doesn't get purged? Also, it gets purged not only if you go on ThemeShop or eShop, but also if you install something with CIAngel. The games are fine, but not the DLC.

Everyone is over-complicating this very simple concept. It only purges when you enter ThemeShop or eShop if you have purchased (or downloaded free) DLC or a Theme on your consoles NNID.

Scenario time:

1. New 3DS, New NNID, I want the Free Sonic Boom Theme and I also want the Lucas Smash Bros DLC. I open ThemeShop and eShop and purchase them which creates two tickets on my 3DS - a Theme DLC ticket and eShop DLC ticket.
2. Now I've hacked said 3DS and install a ThemePack and the Final Fantasy TheaterRythm DLC from that ISO site OR CIAngel OR any other source you get your content
3. All is well, I have all my DLC, but you know what I want to check eShop just to see what deals are out there cause I like supporting Nintendo anyway
4. Open eShop, browse but don't buy anything and close out to Home menu
5. What the heck! Now my Theme is the basic grey theme, what happened? Well, you have a valid ticket entry for only the Sonic Boom theme, not any of the other ones you illegally installed so they were removed during the eShop's check of your ticket (They have to know what you've bought to know if you can download again without purchasing it, right?)
6. Check your theme's and all you have is the crappy free Sonic Boom theme. So you re-install the themepack, spend an hour deleting 100 themes (I know new packs are out but this is an example from long ago) and your back at it.
7. Now you want to play FF TheaterRythm, but what the heck? Now your DLC is gone for that? Same as the Theme's ticket, it was erased when you entered eShop because you didn't have a valid entry for it.
8. So now you have to re-install all your illegal DLC, but your Lucas DLC is fine because you actually purchased it.

Does that make sense? Ok. Good. So now, next scenario:

1. New 3DS, New NNID, and I'm a pro cause I know how to hack already on 3DS, never enter eShop, never get that crappy free Sonic Boom Theme and go straight to installing CIA
2. Eh, what's in eSHop anyway? Anything good? Maybe I'll check it out and log in but not buy anything since arrrrgh I'm a pirate!
3. Exit eShop to home screen and all my CIA themes and DLC are in tact. Why? Because I never purchased ANYTHING from ThemeShop OR eShop to create a local ticket on my 3DS for DLC content.

Now, I don't know why it isn't this way for games, and I'm not a dev, but what I do know is that this is what we determined to be the case in many various threads from about a year or so ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning