Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run the menuhax installer and chose uninstall, hold X while selecting it. When you hold x and hit uninstall it will delete the extra data menuhax installed. Not sure if the installer will run at all on 10.6 though. If not you have to find and delete the theme folder from your sd card(its not the same one chmm2 uses)

Thank you, deleting the extra data worked.

Reactions: pbanj

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does CHMM2 work for AuReiNAND + A9LH? I've tried both the homebrew version and .CIA. The homebrew freezes when scanning for themes, and the .CIA gives me an error: "[string "?"]:236: cannot access extdata archive

EDIT: Fixed. I had to run Menuhax installer and uninstall.

Last edited by MSearles,

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Having trouble with the theme shuffle. It loads fine, I select 10 themes, press X to go back, installing shuffle theme set, but it seems to crash there, how long should it take to install a full shuffle theme set?

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble with the theme shuffle. It loads fine, I select 10 themes, press X to go back, installing shuffle theme set, but it seems to crash there, how long should it take to install a full shuffle theme set?
For me, it probably takes between 10-20 seconds (N3DS 10.6 sysnand with OoThax)

Domivat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So...if I install this into my emuNAND, when I'll change the theme, it doesn't uninstall Menuhax from sysNAND, right?

Thanks guys!!

ShaneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always get this with the theme downloader... why?

Attachments

• IMG_20160307_165704.jpg
    IMG_20160307_165704.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 281

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Run the menuhax installer and chose uninstall, hold X while selecting it. When you hold x and hit uninstall it will delete the extra data menuhax installed. Not sure if the installer will run at all on 10.6 though. If not you have to find and delete the theme folder from your sd card(its not the same one chmm2 uses)
CHMM 2.6 works on 10.6 ? :not_sure:

Pip'

Thorn16

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got an error while swapping my theme on Emunand and now when I boot into Emunand (Rei and CtrBootmanager), I get a blackscreen. I can get on my SD card from Sysnand to use SDcard manager and delete the corrupted theme files I guess? What should I do, don't feel like restoring my Emu from 1 months ago :S

Edit: If I hold power, I get the screen option about powering off, then if I press Home, I get the white screen with the Home between 2 line, then back to a black screen

Last edited by Thorn16,

iris_sama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have chmm2 v2.2 currently (it came with the starter kit and I couldn't figure out how to upgrade to the newest version). I applied a few themes successfully, but on the last one my system freezes while booting up the home screen and only a few icons load. Is their a way to fix this?

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since I updated chmm2 cia to 2.6 on my n3ds 10.6 emunand, nothing happens if I should press pwer button to initialize. v2.5 works fine, tho.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I got an error while swapping my theme on Emunand and now when I boot into Emunand (Rei and CtrBootmanager), I get a blackscreen. I can get on my SD card from Sysnand to use SDcard manager and delete the corrupted theme files I guess? What should I do, don't feel like restoring my Emu from 1 months ago :S

Edit: If I hold power, I get the screen option about powering off, then if I press Home, I get the white screen with the Home between 2 line, then back to a black screen
I have chmm2 v2.2 currently (it came with the starter kit and I couldn't figure out how to upgrade to the newest version). I applied a few themes successfully, but on the last one my system freezes while booting up the home screen and only a few icons load. Is their a way to fix this?

Delete the themes related files in Nintendo 3DS folder.
It's a question asked at least 10 times before in this thread.

Reactions: pbanj

iris_sama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the themes related files in Nintendo 3DS folder.
It's a question asked at least 10 times before in this thread.
I did several searches through this thread and google searches. I even chatted with some people on the #3dshacks IRC. It took me several hours of searching before reluctantly posting what may have been asked before. Then I found my answer on page 63:
You should delete your themes archive folders for your emuNand. They're something like /Nintendo 3DS/ID0/ID1/ARCHIVE_ID.
Archive IDs depends on your region: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/blob/master/source/index.lua#L218-L227
Here's also the extdata for Home Menu extdata and Home Menu theme that helped me confirm.

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the repeated question.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing a theme on OOTHAX 10.6 and when I go to the home screen my 3ds freezes. Why? I have all the newest files and the themes are the right format. What's the problem?

Last edited by ChicagoMel,

Andydark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the newest version, but the theme management site crashes when it tries to open specifically with the error:

Error: [string "?"]:32: Error opening URL

Pressing A to restart here results in

Error: [String: "?"]:1328: bind error

I imagine I messed up somewhere...

I read earlier in the topic it's a time out issue, but so far it's happened 100% of the time. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...