Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I need To have them together for future problems
What future problems?
From this thread
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

The benefits of unlinking your NANDs:

You will not have to unwrap all your games whenever you enter emuNAND.
This doesn't happen to everyone, but if it does, unlinking your NANDs will stop this from happening.
In the past, some users have reported their sysNAND updating even though they were sure they updated emuNAND. These same people happened to have linked NANDs. We don't know if it is related but it is safer unlink your NANDs if you fear this may happen to you.
You can go into sysNAND's Data Management (found in the System Settings app) safely.
Doing this while your NANDs are linked will result in your emuNAND games, saves, themes, etc. being deleted.
If you have Menuhax installed, you will not get a black screen when entering EmuNAND.
You can bypass this by holding a button when launching EmuNAND (which will disable Menuhax from loading). But who wants to remember to hold a button every time?

The disadvantages of unlinking your NANDs:

If you want to play GBA games in emuNAND, you will have to install the GBA game in both NANDs, taking up double the space.
If your NANDs are linked, you only need to install GBA games in sysNAND once.
Your sysNAND will be formatted.
Naturally, Devmenu2x will not be installed in Sysnand anymore, but it will be in EmuNAND. You can do Section 4 again if you want a CIA installer in Sysnand still.
Don't worry, everything that was on your sysNAND is in emuNAND instead.
If you don't like this, you can always use Decrypt9WIP or Gateway to restore your NAND.bin, thus recovering all your sysNAND stuff.
If you have Menuhax installed, it will be removed and you will have to reinstall it!

------
Now the format isn't really a con as u won't be using it, gba games are small, and you just reinstall menuhax so that isn't really a con either. Having them linked can lead to more issue, just saying. Hell your having one of the issue now because they are linked and if you don't unlink you will still have the issue in the future

Last edited by pbanj,
Reactions: Just Passing By

Zygrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What future problems?
From this thread
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

The benefits of unlinking your NANDs:

You will not have to unwrap all your games whenever you enter emuNAND.
This doesn't happen to everyone, but if it does, unlinking your NANDs will stop this from happening.
In the past, some users have reported their sysNAND updating even though they were sure they updated emuNAND. These same people happened to have linked NANDs. We don't know if it is related but it is safer unlink your NANDs if you fear this may happen to you.
You can go into sysNAND's Data Management (found in the System Settings app) safely.
Doing this while your NANDs are linked will result in your emuNAND games, saves, themes, etc. being deleted.
If you have Menuhax installed, you will not get a black screen when entering EmuNAND.
You can bypass this by holding a button when launching EmuNAND (which will disable Menuhax from loading). But who wants to remember to hold a button every time?

The disadvantages of unlinking your NANDs:

If you want to play GBA games in emuNAND, you will have to install the GBA game in both NANDs, taking up double the space.
If your NANDs are linked, you only need to install GBA games in sysNAND once.
Your sysNAND will be formatted.
Naturally, Devmenu2x will not be installed in Sysnand anymore, but it will be in EmuNAND. You can do Section 4 again if you want a CIA installer in Sysnand still.
Don't worry, everything that was on your sysNAND is in emuNAND instead.
If you don't like this, you can always use Decrypt9WIP or Gateway to restore your NAND.bin, thus recovering all your sysNAND stuff.
If you have Menuhax installed, it will be removed and you will have to reinstall it!

------
Now the format isn't really a con as u won't be using it, gba games are small, and you just reinstall menuhax so that isn't really a con either. Having them linked can lead to more issue, just saying. Hell your having one of the issue now because they are linked and if you don't unlink you will still have the issue in the future

you've convinced me.
I Could Explain how dissociate my nands?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by DrakeLyon,

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so I just installed this and when I try to see a preview for a theme there is no sound playing at all, I already dumped the DSP firmware with the app, and when I download themes thru the downloader I always get the Erro: string "??:207 error opening zip file

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hi so I just installed this and when I try to see a preview for a theme there is no sound playing at all, I already dumped the DSP firmware with the app, and when I download themes thru the downloader I always get the Erro: string "??:207 error opening zip file

Does the file contains non ASCII characters? If so, that's what causes the issue.

Reactions: dmc310

FRITZINATOR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded the shenmue theme... Looked great, but when I tried to start a new theme the Shenmue music never stopped. Any way to fix this?

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded the shenmue theme... Looked great, but when I tried to start a new theme the Shenmue music never stopped. Any way to fix this?

You mean the bgm is still the same one for shenmue after applying a new theme?

Just change your theme setting in your emunand to not use one, deletes the theme entirely then you can install a new one in chmm2

Qwertyqwerty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help, i have this problem.

cxzZLG7.jpg

FRITZINATOR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the bgm is still the same one for shenmue after applying a new theme?

Just change your theme setting in your emunand to not use one, deletes the theme entirely then you can install a new one in chmm2

Tried that, then loaded a new theme and still ... shenmue music lol. I deleted it off my sd card/themes and its still playing hahaha, maybe it is in another file folder somewhere...

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that, then loaded a new theme and still ... shenmue music lol. I deleted it off my sd card/themes and its still playing hahaha, maybe it is in another file folder somewhere...

Huih, really? So after selecting no theme your 3ds ui is plain white with no bgm right? If not then you didint do it right, otherwise my arms are up in the air

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- I installed CHMM2 v2.6
- I'm on sysnand 10.6, N3ds.
- I used browserhax/menuhax in 10.5, but after I updated to 10.6 I started using OoThax.
- CHMM2 says "menuhax mode ON"
- I set my theme to a basic color
- When I install a custom theme and then go back to home menu, nothing changes.

How do I fix this?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
- I installed CHMM2 v2.6
- I'm on sysnand 10.6, N3ds.
- I used browserhax/menuhax in 10.5, but after I updated to 10.6 I started using OoThax.
- CHMM2 says "menuhax mode ON"
- I set my theme to a basic color
- When I install a custom theme and then go back to home menu, nothing changes.

How do I fix this?
Run the menuhax installer and chose uninstall, hold X while selecting it. When you hold x and hit uninstall it will delete the extra data menuhax installed. Not sure if the installer will run at all on 10.6 though. If not you have to find and delete the theme folder from your sd card(its not the same one chmm2 uses)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already