Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is literally covered in the OP, come on man
the OP sucks it tells you nothing about how to fix it, thats why this thread has needlessly ran on for almost 50 pages with the same questions being asked over and over and over and with no answers
and there are no links and no informaiton on how to fix it in the OP,and i went to the dsp dump thread and there is still nothing but questions and no answers
this build is not very good, because as i understand it ,even if you do get it to work it wont loop the sound anyways,is this right?

the OP needs to be updated, with better information it should be mentioned at the TOP of the post about this DSP dumping issue not at the bottom with no information on what to do about it ,
he went through all the trouble of listing all the commands at the top of the OP post, well what good are they if you can't even get the damn thing to even launch at all he put the cart before the horse, also it should be mentioned in the OP and at the TOP to go to menuhax installer and choose the delete option before proceeding or if it won't do anything after pressing power

nobody ever updstes their OP's anymore they expect people to do 5 hours of research when they could have just took 5 minutes to provide a decent tut or instructions that would save us from wasting hours reading 50 pages of uselessness when we could have got it setup in minutes with some decent instructions,

also that being said what is this DSP file and is it really necessary for me to try and set up all this mess to try and extract it myself? i mean does it have some special console specific key of something? or is just not included for copyright reasons?
can i just downloaded from somewhere or is it mandatory that i dump it myself for technical reasons?

from what i read in the dsp thread it seems like it is one file that goes into the 3ds folder?
so can i just download it from maybe "that ISO site" and just put it in there
because nobody else in that thread can seem to understand how to dump it themselves and i can't either

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the OP sucks it tells you nothing about how to fix it, thats why this thread has needlessly ran on for almost 50 pages with the same questions being asked over and over and over and with no answers
and there are no links and no informaiton on how to fix it in the OP,and i went to the dsp dump thread and there is still nothing but questions and no answers
this build is not very good, because as i understand it ,even if you do get it to work it wont loop the sound anyways,is this right?

the OP needs to be updated, with better information it should be mentioned at the TOP of the post about this DSP dumping issue not at the bottom with no information on what to do about it ,
he went through all the trouble of listing all the commands at the top of the OP post, well what good are they if you can't even get the damn thing to even launch at all he put the cart before the horse, also it should be mentioned in the OP and at the TOP to go to menuhax installer and choose the delete option before proceeding or if it won't do anything after pressing power

nobody ever updstes their OP's anymore they expect people to do 5 hours of research when they could have just took 5 minutes to provide a decent tut or instructions that would save us from wasting hours reading 50 pages of uselessness when we could have got it setup in minutes with some decent instructions,

also that being said what is this DSP file and is it really necessary for me to try and set up all this mess to try and extract it myself? i mean does it have some special console specific key of something? or is just not included for copyright reasons?
can i just downloaded from somewhere or is it mandatory that i dump it myself for technical reasons?

from what i read in the dsp thread it seems like it is one file that goes into the 3ds folder?
because nobody else in that thread can seem to understand how to dump it themselves and i can't either

Download this: http://rinnegatamante.it/dsp_firmware_dumper.rar

Copy/paste the folder inside that .rar into the "3ds" folder on your SD card.
Open HB Launcher and run the app. That's it, you're done.

Simple and takes a second if that for it to extract to the 3ds folder and be done with it.

This took me less than a minute to grab the link and explain how to run it (which I assume you already knew, since you're already used HB Launcher) so all you needed to do was find the link, which was one simple google search away.

Reactions: pofer and weatMod

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

If a lot of devs quitted 3ds homebrew scene is only cause people like you exist. :D

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Simple and takes a second if that for it to extract to the 3ds folder and be done with it.

This took me less than a minute to grab the link and explain how to run it (which I assume you already knew, since you're already used HB Launcher) so all you needed to do was find the link, which was one simple google search away.
thanks the information in your post should be put at the top of the OP though along with instructions to got o menuhax in emunand and chose the delete option

so i assume that i do this from HBL in emunand only right?
i don't have to run HBL from system nand and do it there also do i?
if i plan on only using in emunand of course

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks the information in your post should be put at the top of the OP though along with instructions to got o menuhax in emunand and chose the delete option

so i assume that i do this from HBL in emunand only right?
i don't have to run HBL from system nand and do it there also do i?
if i plan on only using in emunand of course

Doesn't matter, it's just a file in the 3ds folder.

The information needed IS in the OP. They said what the error was and how to fix it. There doesn't need to be a detailed guide for evey single tiny simple little thing, otherwise posts would be way too long.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a lot of devs quitted 3ds homebrew scene is only cause people like you exist. :D
not to be ungrateful but i just ask people update their OP,especially when they see threads running on and on and on with the same questions it will save us all a lot of trouble that is all not disrespect thank you for your work
and not singling you out this happens all the time
you should update the OP with the info in nukes bananas reply to me
and also mention that you should try running menuhax installer from HBL in emunand and selecting delete if you ar having problems,
it will cave lots of needleess posts here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't matter, it's just a file in the 3ds folder.

The information needed IS in the OP. They said what the error was and how to fix it. There doesn't need to be a detailed guide for evey single tiny simple little thing, otherwise posts would be way too long.
the OP is already long but you summarized the info in a very short space, and it's better to have OP run a little long than have thread run on and on with people asking the same questions over and over because they don't want to read through 50 pages to find the answer

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Have you looked into the problem with "special" characters yet? (like the accented e in Pokemon) (This is the specific theme I had the problem with if that helps: https://3dsthem.es/23)

When I download a theme with a special character it crashes and won't work again until I remove the zip it downloaded. If I add the theme like before just from my PC it is there but won't install the theme (though it acts as if it has).

the OP is already long but you summarized the info in a very short space, and it's better to have OP run a little long than have thread run on and on with people asking the same questions over and over because they don't want to read through 50 pages to find the answer

What are you on about? They don't have to read 50 pages, they have to read one line and then google one of those options and use them.

Last edited by NukesBanana,

DarkNarwhal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love chmm2 so far except one thing, no matter what theme I choose the background music stays the same, PLZ halp the pokemon theme song is getting really annoying

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Have you looked into the problem with "special" characters yet? (like the accented e in Pokemon) (This is the specific theme I had the problem with if that helps: https://3dsthem.es/23)

When I download a theme with a special character it crashes and won't work again until I remove the zip it downloaded. If I add the theme like before just from my PC it is there but won't install the theme (though it acts as if it has).

What are you on about? They don't have to read 50 pages, they have to read one line and then google one of those options and use them.

Unfortunately, this is a lpp-3ds limitation. It supports only ASCII characters (not UTF-8).

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this was helpful :D, thanks, now I can use the cia instead of going through HBL

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues installing Themes onto my Emunand under rxTools...seems to just affect my Sysnand the entire time and just change the Theme there, but leaves the one in Emunand unchanges and just with the 'blank' theme.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue, I can get into the cia version of CHMM2 fine, and I can get into the menu when where you pick your theme but when I change it and exit the program my theme hasn't changed.

10.3 emuNAND reinand cfw

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have an issue, I can get into the cia version of CHMM2 fine, and I can get into the menu when where you pick your theme but when I change it and exit the program my theme hasn't changed.

10.3 emuNAND reinand cfw
I have the same problem and I told this before. Is your CHMM2 also stuck in MenuHax mode (ON)? Mine is, and that would explain it since it tries to install a homemenuhax compatible theme in emunand without homemenuhax.

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Launcher (under Emunand) CHMM2 (latest [2.5]) shows the program running just fine and allows me to install...but in the end EmuNand's theme doesn't change at all.

CIA version of CHMM2 looks different and it gets stuck with a black screen, while the bottom screen only displays a black screen while displaying in white letters...

CHMM Controls:

A = Install Theme
Y = Theme Preview
Start = Exit CHMM

Press POWER to initialize CHMM2

...and that's it. But it's stuck on that black screen with that prompt.

Any suggestions on applying custom themes under Emunand+rxTools (10.3)? :/

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried rebooting?
Yeah I've tried force shutting it down and also hitting start and using the exit button.

I have the same problem and I told this before. Is your CHMM2 also stuck in MenuHax mode (ON)? Mine is, and that would explain it since it tries to install a homemenuhax compatible theme in emunand without homemenuhax.
I use homemenuhax for sysNAND, not emuNAND.

I'm not sure what you mean by stuck in homemenuhax compatible mode, but I'll see if I can somehow turn that off.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah I've tried force shutting it down and also hitting start and using the exit button.

I use homemenuhax for sysNAND, not emuNAND.

I'm not sure what you mean by stuck in homemenuhax compatible mode, but I'll see if I can somehow turn that off.
You can't, it is oversight in CHMM2.5 currently for automatically false detecting the mode for unlinked emunand users such as ourselves. This is why currently I am not using CHMM2.5

Any suggestions on applying custom themes under Emunand+rxTools (10.3)? :/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...kages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good