Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Shaker78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Rinnegatamante what do you think of something like this?

leKkPyF.png

Reactions: fiese_nase

Shaker78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This means exactly the same as in the picture below just in a different form (i think the lower variant is better).
So you can see which theme you have just selected if you have a lot of themes on the SD card.
Combined with a search function you can quickly install your desired theme. Hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.

smisk42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In hax 2.5 I'm getting Error 152: Cannot access extdata archive. Tried deleting homemenu extdata from SD but still no luck. Is anyone else able to get this working with 2.5?

Reactions: Stack3r

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try to go from CHMM2 included in the 2.5 package back to home-brew menu but black screen occurs. Though when I press start it did ask me if I want to exit CHMM2 or switch to text mode.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why these extdata errors have suddenly appeared, because I was able to install a theme just fine on *hax 2.5. Did you go to "Change Theme" and let the theme-management information be created? Setting it to a basic theme? (I should go test this now...)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I should talk sincerely,
i DON'T KNOW where the problem is with Ninjhax 2.5 cause libctru FSFILE wrapper didn't change from the build i'm using right now and also i really don't understand how NH2.5 was not tested before releasing (cause releasing something that have problem with the most homebrews already released means you not tested your product or you don't give a fuck about developers who create homebrews for 3DS scene).
I'm also annoyed by all these f**king problems with libctru, haxs, payloads and so on, even with NH2.1 that broke EVERYTHING (soc:U, httpc:c, cfg:u, csnd:SND) and i won't waste TONS of hours trying to patch my code that SHOULD work fine cause they run perfectly with older builds of haxs, payloads, libctru.
I came from PSP scene, PSP scene had the best hackers you could ask like Tyranid, DarK_AleX, Total_Noob, yifanlu, Wololo, qwikrazor87, 173210 (who everyone insulted on this community https://gbatemp.net/threads/unconfirmed-arm11-kernel-vulnerability-under-10-0-0-x.398953/ ) and such big fails never happened: pspsdk is a very strong, complete and well working toolchain with no bugs and it works on ANY CF/HEN/SIGNED HB (cause it seems to be a special things to people who works on 3DS scene, not a normal thing like it should be cause no one wants to rewrite an hb pratically by scratch cause a new hax is released who doesn't support a f**k about older things).

Closing this digression by saying i probably stop working on my 3DS projects cause seems all of them are broken by something new and i won't waste hours of work on something which won't work after 1 month cause a new hax is released and it works as good as a p*nis in the a*s.

Stating current situation if someone wants to fix my works:
1) CHMM2 gives extdata errors when trying to write on extdata.
2) Last commit of lpp-3ds has sound broken cause it's based on newest csnd wrapper and it seems using the same functions as the old ones is not good cause as i said before, on 3DS scene if you write a code who works with a libctru version, it's not sure it works with latest one :D
3) If you use old lpp-3ds (not last commit) all networking features are broken, sound and gpu could cause glitchy things (probably caused by one of them not properly freeing shared memory), getSystemModel doesn't work cause random and probably more others.
4) Any lpp-3ds related homebrew already released (Sunshell, Big Red Menu, Blackjack 3DS, VN3DS, WANT3D, etc...) have the same limitations of point (3).

Until i don't see a final stable version of libctru which works with ANY released thing and will work with ANY future released thing, i probably not update anyone of my projects.

Good day everyone.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: