Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/blob/master/source/main.lua#L658
When this fails you get this error.
IT can fail for only one reason: connection timed out.
It means:
1) rinnegatamante.it has server issues (Nope :D ).
2) 3dsthem.es has server issues (Since the API just execute a query to 3dsthem.es since CHMM2 is using an old version of lpp-3ds with buggy SSL support).
3) Connection is too slow and it times out before request get completed.

If you don't believe my words, feel free to waste your time fix it by yourself since the whole sourcecode is opensource.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/blob/master/source/main.lua#L658
When this fails you get this error.
IT can fail for only one reason: connection timed out.
It means:
1) rinnegatamante.it has server issues (Nope :D ).
2) 3dsthem.es has server issues (Since the API just execute a query to 3dsthem.es since CHMM2 is using an old version of lpp-3ds with buggy SSL support).
3) Connection is too slow and it times out before request get completed.
So how do we know which of these is the issue? You listed "Possible" Reasons of the problem, and if the app is uing an old version of what you called it, will it be updated?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
So how do we know which of these is the issue? You listed "Possible" Reasons of the problem, and if the app is uing an old version of what you called it, will it be updated?

Maybe, at the moment i'm not interested in working in the 3DS scene for several reasons: ungrateful users, offensive kids, people that don't have enough brain to read before posting, etc...
If i'll ever fin the motivation to update CHMM2, the API on my website will became useless since latest lpp-3ds already has proper SSL support thanks to @ksanislo .
Between the three possible causes, the most plausible is the second one, since before every single release i personally test the downloader and at the time of release it worked like a charm. It means the problem IS NOT in CHMM2 for sure ^^

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, at the moment i'm not interested in working in the 3DS scene for several reasons: ungrateful users, offensive kids, people that don't have enough brain to read before posting, etc...
If i'll ever fin the motivation to update CHMM2, the API on my website will became useless since latest lpp-3ds already has proper SSL support thanks to @ksanislo .
Between the three possible causes, the most plausible is the second one, since before every single release i personally test the downloader and at the time of release it worked like a charm. It means the problem IS NOT in CHMM2 for sure ^^
Okay i respect that, to be honest i would have said the same thing, I'm sorry that there is unapprecation of your work as a developer. I can't really apologize for that or the offensive kids or people cause that will never change, and each person is different but i can apologize for myself if i have contributed to the reaons. While saying sorry doesn't always solve problems, it usually a sincere way to approach things and show respect to people who has clearly earned it. :)

while is not a huge major flaw of the app, i still works as intended and i appreciate the responsive and respectable approach you took to it as well as the contribution of this app. Thank you sir, and sorry for any trouble, i hope your future projects are not as dissatsfying with the unappreciation. ^_^

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using the latest release? Make sure your themes are in the theme folder, and that you changed your theme to default at the system menu
I thought CHMM\CHMM2 cleared the set theme on there own.
And even if CHMM2 doesn't, on my n3DS I can open the program fine. The n3DS doesn't freeze when I try to open CHMM2, and I've only gotten on error, and I got it after the app had already been opened.
But on my friend's o3DS, the thing freezes instead of opening CHMM2.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought CHMM\CHMM2 cleared the set theme on there own.
And even if CHMM2 doesn't, on my n3DS I can open the program fine. The n3DS doesn't freeze when I try to open CHMM2, and I've only gotten on error, and I got it after the app had already been opened.
But on my friend's o3DS, the thing freezes instead of opening CHMM2.
Is a problem with homebrew loader, it doesn't always load homebrew 100% of the time. So is best to keep trying, it may work. Also make sure to switch the theme at least once and then back to default in system menu before installing theme.

Replace it with the latest version (At time of writing CHHM2 2.8) The one in the Starter.zip may be outdated (2.1beta) if i think it was.

Reactions: that girl

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Where I can help translating this tool? In github repo there is nothing about translation
Download english.txt and just translate the strings (use ASCII characters)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most likely if you have FBI installer 2.4.1, you can use the titledb function on the menu to install homebrew, The latest version of the CHHM2 is there, or you can use fbi to qrcode scan the app into your system :)
I can't get FBI installed to be able to use it.
Also, how do you get my heart outline to display? I tried and got three lines, but in your quote of my post, it looks fine.
I tried copying it from your post to the post you quoted, but it still shows as three lines for me…

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the reply button on the poste you wish to quote. Then type whatever under neath it to comment on the post.

Is auto matic.

Also if you don't have fbi, i am assumin your using homebrew loader, in that case you need to manually add the files to the sd card.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you don't have fbi, i am assumin your using homebrew loader, in that case you need to manually add the files to the sd card.
What files? runs fine on my n3DS without anything extra. Though my Homebrew on n3DS refers to CHMM2 as blender and it has a weird icon. But on my friend's o3DS it has the right name and icon, but freezes the o3DS when trying to run it. Both are the same files from the same archive. The archive is from the creator's website.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What files? runs fine on my n3DS without anything extra. Though my Homebrew on n3DS refers to CHMM2 as blender and it has a weird icon. But on my friend's o3DS it has the right name and icon, but freezes the o3DS when trying to run it. Both are the same files from the same archive. The archive is from the creator's website.
You got them both from the 2.8 Archive?

Also the picture appear as blender cause of this.
Mistake during packaging, my bad :( . Replace the smdh file with the one from another release and it will solve the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: America only produces like 5% of their own product so no surprise and since Motorola couldnt... +1