Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed the cia, but how do you get the theme downloader working? Pressing R doesn't do anything. I'm using 2.6 btw

nvm - you need to have at least 1 theme first for it to function

Last edited by AdmiralToucan,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm having a problem with BGM in CHMM2.

I assumed if you don't want BGM, you can simply erase the two bgm files from the theme. However sometimes a previous theme's BGM will carry over. This happens even if I go into the theme manager and choose no theme. It's as if there is some sort of cache that's not getting cleared.

Is there a solution for this? Maybe some way to clear the cache? Or a blank bgm file?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with BGM in CHMM2.

I assumed if you don't want BGM, you can simply erase the two bgm files from the theme. However sometimes a previous theme's BGM will carry over. This happens even if I go into the theme manager and choose no theme. It's as if there is some sort of cache that's not getting cleared.

Is there a solution for this? Maybe some way to clear the cache? Or a blank bgm file?
I think you have to edit the theme so it doesn't look for bgm, that may be why the old one stays

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think you have to edit the theme so it doesn't look for bgm, that may be why the old one stays

I opened up the offending themes using YATA, unchecked the enable BGM box, saved the changes, and it's still doing it.

It's one particular BGM from one particular theme that keeps popping up.

Any other ideas? :( Is there a cache I can clear? Is there a blank BGM I can use?

Last edited by regnad,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
maybe try changing to a basic theme and see if the bgm goes away. then change to the theme u want

I tried that. :(

There are a couple of themes I have that never have BGM, but most, after unchecking the enable BGM box in YATA, play this same one damn song. So I'm basically limited to these few that don't load it up.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea what would cause the theme to just freeze the DS? One theme I definitely had work on it when I was using Menuhax, but on OOTHax it just freezes.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you turn Menuhax mode on/off? I've pressed literally every button and can't figure out how to toggle it.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you turn Menuhax mode on/off? I've pressed literally every button and can't figure out how to toggle it.
if your NANDs are unlinked, delete menuhax data in emunand because it's left over. or, update CHMM2 and it should do it automatically if you answer "yes" to unlinked NANDs.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your NANDs are unlinked, delete menuhax data in emunand because it's left over. or, update CHMM2 and it should do it automatically if you answer "yes" to unlinked NANDs.
I'm using arm9loaderhax, my emunand is nonexistent now according to the guide I followed. And I just downloaded CHMM2 yesterday, so I'm not sure what's wrong here.

And even if I had an emunand, it'd be on 10.7 and wouldn't have menuhax.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using arm9loaderhax, my emunand is nonexistent now according to the guide I followed. And I just downloaded CHMM2 yesterday, so I'm not sure what's wrong here.

And even if I had an emunand, it'd be on 10.7 and wouldn't have menuhax.
go into menuhax_manager and delete anyway, because there's files left behind.

Reactions: PF2M

usagirei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Rinnegatamante not sure if you're aware of it, but on my end when receiving a theme zip over a socket connection, after the theme has arrived the counter/list goes haywire until you restart CHMM2.

Like, 9 themes before sending one, receive one theme, counter now marks 13, list has repeated entries on the end.
Send same theme again, counter now marks 16.
Restart CHMM2, counter marks 10, list is correct.

EDIT: Using v2.6
EDIT2: Also sending a theme with a name already existing apparently won't overwrite it, not sure if by design, but doesn't make much sense

Last edited by usagirei,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get my .OGG preview audio to play nice with CHMM2 (version 2.5 I think). I either crash the homebrew because it tries to load too large a file, or throws an error saying the .OGG is corrupt while opening the preview if I've edited it to cut down on the size (lowering the project rate, cutting out parts of the music, etc.). I'm using Audacity 2.0.5.

EDIT: Please ignore, the problem was with Audacity. Got it all working now.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q