• Views 7,186,711
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

shadolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.5.3 is pretty awesome, but definitely seeing FPS loss in some games. Also, seems like alpha textures for trees aren't rendered properly in Mario Kart 8, and SM3DW now has a weird outer glow on Mario, and still no lag fix on some levels with a bunch of enemies.

thorbre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1.5.3 is pretty awesome, but definitely seeing FPS loss in some games. Also, seems like alpha textures for trees aren't rendered properly in Mario Kart 8, and SM3DW now has a weird outer glow on Mario, and still no lag fix on some levels with a bunch of enemies.
Of course there are drawbacks, that's how emu development works. This is not a surprise. Having nothing but improvements, without ANY setbacks, now THAT would be a surprise.

CustomEyeBrows

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Of course there are drawbacks, that's how emu development works. This is not a surprise. Having nothing but improvements, without ANY setbacks, now THAT would be a surprise.

Im sure shadolis is well aware of that. But users are reporting their feedback, of which helps the Cemu team. This would be a pretty quite thread if people didnt post anything about issues they've come across.

The devs focus on very specific parts of the emulator, they dont have time to test every single game from start to finish. Us lot however...

beeswax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't use my Xbox One controller at all - Cemu constantly detects "Z-axis+" so as soon as I try to map a button, that appears. I haven't tried to use a controller for several builds so I've just gone back trying every one and it's broken until I get back to 1.4.2. Everything post 1.4.2 has this bug :(

edit: nvm, if I set it as a Wii Pro Controller, it works OK, the problem only occurs when trying to set it up as a WiiU Gamepad.

Last edited by beeswax,

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, Exzap said on Patreon that this build wasn't aiming at compatibility, there's probably no new games working.

My observations on Mario Kart 8 with 1.5.3: Looks better than before, but what's kinda weird: The loading times for the title screen and before a race have gotten even longer now. However, when I play grand prix, the loading times for the second, third and fourth track are much shorter than before :wtf:
While my general performance in races seem to have stayed the same (full speed) I think I noticed more stuttering. Before, the first lap was always stuttery (shader cache generation) but from the second on it was mostly a smooth ride. Now there seemed to have been some stuttering here and stere, maybe VRAM having issues shoveling textures around efficiently or something.

Super Mario 3D World: Looks strangely fuzzy, especially on the world map. I don't know why, I don't think Anisotropic Filtering would do this. Looks a bit like super-heavy FXAA.

And a tip for everyone having issues with mapping their XBox One Controller, do the following:
Enter input settings, disconnect controller, exit input settings, reconnect controller, enter input settings. Now you should be able to map everything without issues.

Last edited by StripTheSoul,

CustomEyeBrows

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My fps went back to normal for whatever reason and i just completed the entire first episode of my now current goty that is Toad Treasure Tracker. The new mic/blow-to-button works perfectly.

FPS was 60 90% of the time unless looking in certain directions. It seems this is down to how many AI are on the map at any given time. Kill a few of them off and fps goes back up.

Thanks again Cemu team.

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm actually getting crashes in Toad Treasure Tracker now (haven't had any before). Just tried the level Pop-Up Prairie Town because it's the first that needs the mic to get through, but it crashed on me twice (hm, I think it was both times when I wanted to jump down from somewhere)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte