[RELEASE] Cemu - Wii U emulator

Discussion in 'Wii U - Emulation & CEMU' started by Exzap, Oct 13, 2015.

1. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Does anyone have an alternate link to 1.5.3? The website is definitely down currently.

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Can you not just go here?

3. beeswax

beeswax Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    No, that doesn't help. Eventually, you need to grab the actual download from http://cemu.info/ which is down for whatever reason.

4. ForboJack

ForboJack Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yes, cemu.info is down currently and so you can't download 1.5.3 atm :(

/edit: Site is up again :)

Last edited by ForboJack, Jun 28, 2016
  5. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Looks like it's back up. -snip-

Last edited by kornychaos, Jun 28, 2016 - Reason: edited up-status
  6. beeswax

beeswax Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    Working OK here now, managed to download 1.5.3.

7. Gasbas
    This message by Gasbas has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 28, 2016, Reason: please dont ask for illegal stuff.
    Jun 28, 2016
  8. JaceCearK1

JaceCearK1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 18, 2015
    Gambia, The
    In 1 week you can download it for yourself! ;)

azoreseuropa and niuus like this.
  9. CustomEyeBrows

CustomEyeBrows GBAtemp Regular

Apr 8, 2015
    New Zealand
    Is anyone else loosing fps in 1.5.3?

10. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    SM3DW looks amazing now!!!

11. CustomEyeBrows

Apr 8, 2015
    New Zealand
    Captain Toad is crashing for me on the 1st level thats after the intro level.

12. shadolis

shadolis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    1.5.3 is pretty awesome, but definitely seeing FPS loss in some games. Also, seems like alpha textures for trees aren't rendered properly in Mario Kart 8, and SM3DW now has a weird outer glow on Mario, and still no lag fix on some levels with a bunch of enemies.

13. thorbre

thorbre Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    Of course there are drawbacks, that's how emu development works. This is not a surprise. Having nothing but improvements, without ANY setbacks, now THAT would be a surprise.

14. CustomEyeBrows

Apr 8, 2015
    New Zealand
    Im sure shadolis is well aware of that. But users are reporting their feedback, of which helps the Cemu team. This would be a pretty quite thread if people didnt post anything about issues they've come across.

The devs focus on very specific parts of the emulator, they dont have time to test every single game from start to finish. Us lot however...

15. beeswax

beeswax Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    I can't use my Xbox One controller at all - Cemu constantly detects "Z-axis+" so as soon as I try to map a button, that appears. I haven't tried to use a controller for several builds so I've just gone back trying every one and it's broken until I get back to 1.4.2. Everything post 1.4.2 has this bug :(

edit: nvm, if I set it as a Wii Pro Controller, it works OK, the problem only occurs when trying to set it up as a WiiU Gamepad.

Last edited by beeswax, Jun 28, 2016
  16. thieftheodore

thieftheodore Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    Indonesia
    Any new game that boot on 1.5.3?

17. pjc1990

pjc1990 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2015
    I downloaded 1.5.3 cemu patreon but it keeps saying its 1.5.2 even though I redownloaded it

18. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    Cant wait to try out the Microphone setting they added, will be able to do the toad levels in super mario 3d world :D

19. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    I've tested a few of the non working games on previous versions, they still don't work on the latest release.

20. StripTheSoul

StripTheSoul GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yeah, Exzap said on Patreon that this build wasn't aiming at compatibility, there's probably no new games working.

My observations on Mario Kart 8 with 1.5.3: Looks better than before, but what's kinda weird: The loading times for the title screen and before a race have gotten even longer now. However, when I play grand prix, the loading times for the second, third and fourth track are much shorter than before :wtf:
    While my general performance in races seem to have stayed the same (full speed) I think I noticed more stuttering. Before, the first lap was always stuttery (shader cache generation) but from the second on it was mostly a smooth ride. Now there seemed to have been some stuttering here and stere, maybe VRAM having issues shoveling textures around efficiently or something.

Super Mario 3D World: Looks strangely fuzzy, especially on the world map. I don't know why, I don't think Anisotropic Filtering would do this. Looks a bit like super-heavy FXAA.

And a tip for everyone having issues with mapping their XBox One Controller, do the following:
    Enter input settings, disconnect controller, exit input settings, reconnect controller, enter input settings. Now you should be able to map everything without issues.

Last edited by StripTheSoul, Jun 28, 2016
  21. CustomEyeBrows

Apr 8, 2015
    New Zealand
    My fps went back to normal for whatever reason and i just completed the entire first episode of my now current goty that is Toad Treasure Tracker. The new mic/blow-to-button works perfectly.

FPS was 60 90% of the time unless looking in certain directions. It seems this is down to how many AI are on the map at any given time. Kill a few of them off and fps goes back up.

Thanks again Cemu team.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted