Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you. Whats the best way to use Gateway in my new current environment?
Set up an emuNAND, then downgrade it to 9.2, load emuNAND, use your preferred method of booting Gateway.

How do you boot into sysnand vanilla minus cakes?
Disable the emuNAND patch in the CakesFW menu.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
That would be awesome if you could provide one (Since it's illegal to share that file, I assume it would be via PM). Wanted to try out Cakes for A9LH.
Right now I only have the ones for the n3ds. I'll make the ones for the o3ds later. Pm me and let me know what you need

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey bitches, just checking, I should be able to load 9.0 firm (n3ds), right? I've tried a couple of different firmware.bin files for this, and it complains it can't decrypt the arm9 binary (yes I do have slotwhatever). If this should work, please can someone tell me the md5 or whatever of a working 9.0 firmware.bin, and if necessary of the firmkey.bin and cetk? Cheers!

Sh00tstyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry if this question has been answered already, but how can I run NTR 3.3 with my 10.6 patched sysNand with CakesFW and a9lh? I followed Plailects guide, so I should have the same setup as he has. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: So I have figured out now, that it works when deleting the firmware_patched.bin. However, this breaks the autoboot with Cakes. Is there any fix for that?

EDIT2: Okay so after deleting the firmware_patched.bin and enabling autoboot afterwards the problem was gone. I don't know why, I don't know how, but it works :D

Last edited by Sh00tstyle,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: daxtsu

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next random question! I have CtrBootManager9 installed and just got AuReiNAND up and running, but I can't seem to figure how to get cakes running. It mentions "Cakes.bin" in the cfg file, but the OP says "Never rename the Cakes.dat. The arm9 payload is located there and the code expects it to be named like that."
So where do I find this Cakes.bin?

Just set the path to Cakes.dat and offset = 0x1200 in a9lh.cfg. Or use a hex editor and delete everything before 0x12000, save it as Cakes.bin, and offset = 0. Or compile it yourself and save build/main.bin as Cakes.bin with offset = 0. A9lh mode with cakes will not decrypt cetk from a fresh install without firmkey.bin, you u need to set that up by running Cakes via hbl.

Last edited by 3xkrazy,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just set the path to Cakes.dat and offset = 0x1200 in a9lh.cfg. Or use a hex editor and delete everything before 0x12000, save it as Cakes.bin, and offset = 0. Or compile it yourself and save build/main.bin as Cakes.bin with offset = 0.
I found the offset a few pages back, then figured out the patches I was using weren't complete. So I downloaded the ones from that guide and got everything set up! So now I am running AuReiNAND and Cakesfw on sysNAND!

Reactions: daxtsu

werdy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.werdy.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
I tried to install patched AGB/TWM_FIRM with FBI (latest) to sysNAND on o3DS with A9LH+10.6+CakeFW 138, but getting "description_invalid_signature" error message. FIRM protection patch is not active. What can be the problem? Or CakesFW hasn't support AGB/TWM_FIRM yet on A9LH?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock