Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Apparently some guys thought we died. So a little bit of update.

We are now working with @duke_srg to add support for CN/KR/TW spiders, so far everything is working fine except for spider 4.x in those regions. @Syphurith, @xinerqu, and @Dean_ is helping us out with testing and finding testers. @duke_srg had also implemented a browser based universal arm9 loader with CakeHax.

Once done with this I'm planning on cleaning up some code and after that adding support for CN/TW mset.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I can't edit the op so here's the latest release of CakesFW.
Please remember to update your NVRAM rops with the included CakesROP.nds or code.bin if you plan to use this version.

spider
To boot CakesFW through spider, point your browser here (http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/cakes?Cakes.dat). The old link does't work anymore.
chart

Backup link (http://dukesrg.github.io/) if @duke_srg server went down.

code.bin
Use this link (http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/cakes?code.bin) for code.bin(all browser versions). Yes it's not LoadCode.dat anymore, and it's a single link for all spider versions, you can thank @duke_srg for that.

chart

For KR/EU/JP/US:
Firm 4.x~5.x
  • code.bin will install the rop for mset 4.x
Firm 6.x~9.2
  • code.bin will install the rop for mset 6.x
For CN/TW:
  • code.bin will install the rop for mset 4.x for all firms

Change note:
  • MSET 6.x support
  • MSET 4.x support for CN/TW regions
  • Spider support for CN/KR/TW regions
Many thanks to @duke_srg for his help!
Special thanks to the @xinerqu @Dean_ and the guys at duowan for testing. Also thanks to @Syphurith for managing the tests there.
Ooops I forgot @A600 for helping find offsets for >4.x <9.0 firms, and testing mset entry points.

*Updated to Cakes_64.zip since I forgot to update CakeBrah..
**Updated CakesROP.nds and code.bin for 4.x TW mset.

Last edited by b1l1s,

A600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to boot Cakes with Ninjhax on my 2DS v7.2 but all I got was a black screen; then I remembered about this and did the same with exploitdata.h. Now the menu boots but it hangs after "Prepared arm11 entry" "Booting..."

Any ideas?

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I tried to boot Cakes with Ninjhax on my 2DS v7.2 but all I got was a black screen; then I remembered about this and did the same with exploitdata.h. Now the menu boots but it hangs after "Prepared arm11 entry" "Booting..."

Any ideas?
Thanks for that. Can you make a pull request for exploitdata.h?

As for "Booting..." bug it looks like it's the same bug as 4.x CakeBrah. @mid-kid was the one who did the Brahma port, and I'm not familiar with Brahma myself, but I suspect the variable that Brahma uses to jump to arm11 kernel entry needs to be the same as CakeHax (0x1FFFFFF8). Can you test that and give it a try?

A600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that. Can you make a pull request for exploitdata.h?

Done.

As for "Booting..." bug it looks like it's the same bug as 4.x CakeBrah. @mid-kid was the one who did the Brahma port, and I'm not familiar with Brahma myself, but I suspect the variable that Brahma uses to jump to arm11 kernel entry needs to be the same as CakeHax (0x1FFFFFF8). Can you test that and give it a try?

Nope. It stills hangs :(

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nope. It stills hangs :(
I've no more ideas unfortunately. I'm still a bit busy doing more spider shenanigans with @duke_srg, but I'll take a look at it once I'm done. If you find anything in the mean time same deal as before, just make a pull request and I'll merge it in.

Reactions: A600

soarqin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is 9.9.0 supported by CakesFW r64? I mean TWN console, it is not supported by rxTools, I hope Cakes make the sense.
I heard USA console got some issues also.

Last edited by soarqin,

soarqin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Tested, 9.9.0 TWN console is perfectly supported, menu functions and installed CIAs are all working fine.
Thank you very much, @b1l1s and other developers.
Waiting for region-free patch, :P

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Can you please add a cake to show something in version, to be sure in what nand system update will go? As I am getting too paranoid when it comes to update to 9.9 without completely sure, if it really emunand or not...

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Tested, 9.9.0 TWN console is perfectly supported, menu functions and installed CIAs are all working fine.
Thank you very much, @b1l1s and other developers.
Waiting for region-free patch, :P
Glad to hear that. We won't be implementing region-free anytime soon though, so you'll have to wait a loooong time :P.

Can you please add a cake to show something in version, to be sure in what nand system update will go? As I am getting too paranoid when it comes to update to 9.9 without completely sure, if it really emunand or not...
That's on @mid-kid's to do list. You'll have to wait for him to get back from his holiday though.

jsnetors

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've successfully installed rxTools 2.6 on my 4.2 Sysnand and updated my Emunand to 9.9

How do I install CakesFW? I want to have offline + autoboot

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, I installed cakesFW on my old 3DS about a month or so ago, now my buddy's 3DS after I upgraded to a new 3DS XL, and I notice one annoying issue. Every time he enters CakesFW and the emuNAND loads, every .cia installed is always wrapped in a package as if they were just installed. Is there a fix to this so that when a newly installed title is opened once, you don't have to open it again and again every time he reloads CakesFW? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by duffmmann,

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've successfully installed rxTools 2.6 on my 4.2 Sysnand and updated my Emunand to 9.9

How do I install CakesFW? I want to have offline + autoboot
Read the OP plox.

Greetings, I installed cakesFW on my old 3DS about a month or so ago, now my buddy's 3DS after I upgraded to a new 3DS XL, and I notice one annoying issue. Every time he enters CakesFW and the emuNAND loads, every ,Cuba installed is always wrapped in a package as if they were just installed. Is there a fix to this so that when a newly installed title is opened once, you don't have to open it again and again every time he reloads CakesFW? Thanks for any help.

That's weird. I know the general consensus is to have unlinked nands to prevent that from happening, though I never unlinked mine and never have the issue. You can try unlinking and see how it goes.

jsnetors

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have done the downgrade and everything went fine and dandy but when I try to load the QR code, the site that come up does nothing. It just stays for a while with that 'Installing ROP' screen and then it goes back saying there was an error. What do? I have followed the guide 1:1.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have done the downgrade and everything went fine and dandy but when I try to load the QR code, the site that come up does nothing. It just stays for a while with that 'Installing ROP' screen and then it goes back saying there was an error. What do? I have followed the guide 1:1.
It shouldn't say "Installing ROP", you mean "Loading code.bin" right? Where do you get the code.bin from, and which QR are you using? Use the one in the OP or here. Whichever you choose do not mix and match files(Cakes.dat, code.bin + everything in cakes folder)/QR. They are quite specific.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Oh, that dude?