• Replies 28
  • Likes 4

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello there. I'm not sure if people are still interested in something like this but I was bored and decided to tweak and update @Oswarlan 's Bravely Default Village Save Editor to be used with Bravely Second. So all credits goes to him.

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Ability to export and import your save file (JKSV, savedatafiler and etc. for example)
  • Bravely Second Colony save file (specifically BD2COLONY0.sav, BD2COLONY1.sav or BD2COLONY2.sav)
  • What region does it support?
  • USA/EUR/JP (probably)
  • I've only tested this on my USA region of Bravely Second so I have no clue about the others but they should still work the same.
  • Also, you'd probably need NET Framework 4.5 and above.

What can it edit?
  1. Village Building Level
  2. Village Population
  3. Reclaim all areas/clear obstacles to buildings
  4. Buster Ship
What can it "maybe" edit, if someone gets around to it?
  1. Time left on building construction (although rather unnecessary imo)
What can it NOT edit?
  1. Anything else in the game that isn't in the village. ;)
"What about Ba'al(s?) or insert thing I want to edit here!"

If you can figure out how the save format works for that, feel free to fill me in, or throw together some code yourself.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE JUST IN CASE!
I'm not gonna be responsible if it breaks your village or your game altogether.
I've only tested this program on a save file right after unlocking the village option.
I don't know what will happen if used on save files before unlocking the village or a progressed save file.
I have not fully tested the program so it still might be buggy but it was good on my end.

Steps to use:
  1. Extract save to PC
  2. Open BD2COLONY#.sav with the program (# can be 0, 1, or 2. Program won't let you open other files)
  3. Change values in text boxes / dropdown menus
  4. Save, send through your favorite save import/export tool, then play the game
Note: Villager Count can be set to 9,999 although I don't have a clue what will happen to your game or how that will be interpreted if you go online with the game.
Source is available : Will probably upload this later on but it's not all that great, essentially still the same source code as @Oswarlan 's editor.
Download is available : Here

Also here's a little simple CP editor for Bravely Second if you're interested : Here

Last edited by ukee, , Reason: fixed a bug? in the editor

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If anyone's interested, here's a rather simple CP editor for the game : Here
What does it do? Well to edit the CP. Nothing else, and probably nothing more.

Maximum possible amount for the CP is 999,999,999.
I tried it and it works although if you plan on buying all the items(?) in the CP mini-game do make sure to buy one row and exit and repeat cause you're supposed to trigger the (Y) chat event first before actually buying all the items.

If anyone tried this program on EUR/JP region and it works do let me know thanks.

Last edited by ukee,
Reactions: Anonymous42456

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello again, the village editor works with no problem...but the CP editor is not working for me.

Currently using Windows 7...unable to open the "BD2CAPCAP0" file.
That's weird, it's working fine for me. Are you sure you're opening the right files? They should be named BD2CAPCAP#.sav with # being 0,1 or 2.
Try this: Here

Edit: Also updated the Village Editor, now you can upgrade the Buster Ship in your village.

Last edited by ukee,

JMSMORIARTY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, any crash reported ? want to use it, but the old one (Bravely Default) make impossible to buy special moves (Ouroboros was a freaking pain) and just want to figure out if this works nice.

JMSMORIARTY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing but get 9999 villagers, now when i click on the spaceship icon the game crash and the 3DS restart and my ability points are 0.

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nothing but get 9999 villagers, now when i click on the spaceship icon the game crash and the 3DS restart and my ability points are 0.
Ability points as in ability points for characters? This editor only touches the colony save file and doesn't touch anywhere near your characters offsets in the game's save file so I wouldn't know why it made yours 0.
Did you do any hex editing on your game file? That might've caused your ability points to be bugged.

If you still have the backup prior to editing the game then you should restore it while you're still early in the game.
Here's a bug fix probably: Link

Also, if you have CFW installed then I suggest you use the NTR cheats over this, they work better.

Last edited by ukee,

Zeffaryon

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Umm the file link is no longer valid.
Can you please reupload it?(I know I'm late but please I read about the issues as replied by the peeps here in the thread but still)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...