OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Boop 2.0.0
Become a friend of the snek.

Boop is a C# implementation of the "ServeFiles.py" for FBI.
It allows you to send your .cia and .tik files to your 3DS running FBI directly over your Wi-Fi LAN.
(In a way, this is like SocketPunch. As today, Boop works with the latest version of FBI)

Oh... Did I mention that now also works on SWITCH?

boop2.png

Features
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Multi-File booping
  • Auto detection of your Nintendo console IP address. (trying to match your MAC address)
  • Full Drag and drop support. (Drag those files to wherever you want boi)
  • Name your files whatever you want. I can take it. Even emojis! GO WILD!
  • Works on computers connected to multiple networks (or with multiple network adapters)

Nerd notes:
  • Doesn't require administrator privileges.
  • The webserver runs on EmbedIO.
  • The code is licenced under "The unlicence". That means is free. (Free as in Anarchy).
  • Getting info from inside the .nsp files require keys... Will look into it but it's not my priority.

Downloads:

You are now a friend of the snek.

(Any problems or crashes you have, you can post them here or create an issue on github.)

Last edited by elementalcode,

elementalcode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But in the last FBI no is removed the wifi install?
Is called "Network Install".

One question: is this pure .NET or does it rely on win32/win64 p/invokes?
Almost fully .net
It uses the arptable (the command arp -a) to fetch all the mac adresses and autodetect the 3ds. Appart from that, I think it is fully .net
EDIT: Technically, it is still pure .net but the arp -a command is external. Is kinda cheating :P

Last edited by elementalcode,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
code seems pure .net
Almost fully .net
It uses the arptable (the command arp -a) to fetch all the mac adresses and autodetect the 3ds. Appart from that, I think it is fully .net
EDIT: Technically, it is still pure .net but the arp -a command is external. Is kinda cheating :P

In that case it shouldn't be that hard to port it to Android using Xamarin.Android which from a quick search appears to be free. Might have to make some changes to the arp command to make it busybox compatible but other than that it would probably work.

elementalcode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In that case it shouldn't be that hard to port it to Android using Xamarin.Android which from a quick search appears to be free. Might have to make some changes to the arp command to make it busybox compatible but other than that it would probably work.

Not quite. I am a windows phone C# programmer too and not all the libraries available for windows forms c# are available in UWP C#. I'm guessing Xamarin is more in line with UWP. But be my guest if you want to try :)

I would Like to ask the same thing. This looks like the best implementation of wireless fbi title installing yet, but didn't FBI get rid of network install in the latest update in favor of qr code installing?

That's partially correct. FBI supports direct download of a cia file. The QR code is to avoid having you write manually the URL for the download. FBI also implements a functionality where you build your own web server on your local PC for your lan and then pass via socket the local url for the cia file to FBI and it downloads them as if you were getting them from any other website.
But thats all technical mumbo jumbo. All you need to know is that on remote install, you select network install, open boop and send the cia files. FBI will show a dialog saying "install files?" say yes and you are good to go.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Not quite. I am a windows phone C# programmer too and not all the libraries available for windows forms c# are available in UWP C#. I'm guessing Xamarin is more in line with UWP. But be my guest if you want to try :)

I would guess it is more than that since Xamarin is responsible for Mono, Mono for Android, and MonoTouch. Since you are a Windows Phone developer you might want to check it out since Xamarin's mobile stuff and Xamarin.Forms is available for Windows Phone as well. Apparently they were acquired by MS in February 2016. I am installing it now to take a look but it is a very large download since I don't have VS.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's partially correct. FBI supports direct download of a cia file. The QR code is to avoid having you write manually the URL for the download. FBI also implements a functionality where you build your own web server on your local PC for your lan and then pass via socket the local url for the cia file to FBI and it downloads them as if you were getting them from any other website.
But thats all technical mumbo jumbo. All you need to know is that on remote install, you select network install, open boop and send the cia files. FBI will show a dialog saying "install files?" say yes and you are good to go.
I just updated fbi and the feature is back, so cant wait to try this.

Reactions: LowEndC

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is called "Network Install".

Two thing, first the last version is 2.4.6 and "network install" is removed... Second, I had read that it was removed but what they did was change the name (XD) and it's not called "Network install" if not "Recive URLs over the network" from the version 2.4.5 (XD)

PD: Excuse my bad english XD

elementalcode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Two thing, first the last version is 2.4.6 and "network install" is removed... Second, I had read that it was removed but what they did was change the name (XD) and it's not called "Network install" if not "Recive URLs over the network" from the version 2.4.5 (XD)

You are right, I was playing out of memory :P

is it just me or it's super slow i get speed around 500k/s

Oh... I didn't think about that. I will try later this week to send a file with the ServeFiles.py (official FBI implementation) and then with Boop and check the speeds :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over