Homebrew [Release] {beta} sf2dlib - Simple and Fast 2D library (using the GPU)

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try changing the init and fini commands on their place, like this:

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <3ds.h>
#include <sf2d.h>
#include <sfil.h>
#include <sftd.h>

#include "FreeSans_ttf.h"

#include "citra_jpeg.h"
#include "3dbrew_png.h"

int main()
{
    // Set the random seed based on the time
    srand(time(NULL));

sf2d_init();
    sftd_init();
    sf2d_set_clear_color(RGBA8(0x40, 0x40, 0x40, 0xFF));

sf2d_texture *tex1 = sfil_load_JPEG_buffer(citra_jpeg, citra_jpeg_size, SF2D_PLACE_RAM);
    sf2d_texture *tex2 = sfil_load_PNG_buffer(_3dbrew_png, SF2D_PLACE_RAM);

sftd_font *font = sftd_load_font_mem(FreeSans_ttf, FreeSans_ttf_size);

u32 held;

while (aptMainLoop()) {

hidScanInput();
        held = hidKeysHeld();

if (held & KEY_START) {
            break;
        }

sf2d_start_frame(GFX_TOP, GFX_LEFT);

sftd_draw_textf(font, 10, 10, RGBA8(0, 255, 0, 255), 20, "FPS %f", sf2d_get_fps());
            sf2d_draw_texture(tex1, 400/2 - tex1->width/2, 240/2 - tex1->height/2);
        sf2d_end_frame();

sf2d_start_frame(GFX_BOTTOM, GFX_LEFT);
            sf2d_draw_texture(tex2, 320/2 - tex2->width/2, 240/2 - tex2->height/2);
        sf2d_end_frame();

sf2d_swapbuffers();
    }

sf2d_free_texture(tex1);
    sf2d_free_texture(tex2);
    sftd_free_font(font);

sf2d_fini();
    sftd_fini();

return 0;
}
You are my hero, it actually worked. Thanks :D

Reactions: lolzvid

randomdev

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey, I just installed devkitarm r45, and i can't compile sf2d...
I have a lot of errors.

Edit: compile is successful with libctru 0.6. Looks like it doesn't works with 1.0.

Last edited by randomdev,

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I'm sorry guys, but the great-refactor branch of ctrulib has been merged into the master, so sf2dlib no longer builds. I'll try to fix it ASAP but I'll be really busy this next week. If you could do it and send a pull request I'd be very grateful.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yes I'm sorry guys, but the great-refactor branch of ctrulib has been merged into the master, so sf2dlib no longer builds. I'll try to fix it ASAP but I'll be really busy this next week. If you could do it and send a pull request I'd be very grateful.

@xerpi currently lpp-3ds uses a slight modified version of sf2dlib with floats instead of integer for coordinates and some syntax change to match new great-refactor syntax (with -DLIBCTRU_NO_DEPRECATION you'll not get any warning also).
If it can be useful, here's the link (i can also make a pull request): https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-3ds/tree/master/source/include/sf2d

Reactions: xerpi

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it: https://github.com/xerpi/sf2dlib/pull/21

Worth mentioning for everyone: you need to update devkitARM in order to build latest ctrulib. Both were updated at the same time.

Reactions: Joel16 and xerpi

andre111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a quick heads up: I'm pretty new to C coding and completely new to 3DS Hombrew dev, so my problem might not be related to this lib but it would be my first guess.

So, I'm currently trying to compile some allready existing homebrew before I start working on my own ideas.
I started with Minicraft and got it to compile and run under the newest libs.

But for some reason most colors are completely wrong. Colors from images loaded with sfillib appear to be correct but most others appear mostly red. For example the titlescreen bg is red instead of black and the grass is a wiered purple/pink/gray combination color instead of green. And the list goes on.

What am I doing wrong as I cann't really find the cause of the problem.

edit: Did some "research". The problem probably lies with this commit
https://github.com/xerpi/sf2dlib/commit/8b4646c3d1ba872531de4a88c913d4f3e46288c5
which flipped RGBA8 from rgba to abgr and probably somewhere else it was forgotten to adapt the code to the new format.
So right now the alpha value gets used as the red value, which causes the red textures.

edit 2: Sorry, the problem lies in the code of Minicraft, which defines most colors simply by using number values. I guess I need to "flip" them all for the new lib version

Last edited by andre111,

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant more like letting the GPU draw to a texture rather than directly to the screen.
The GPU already draws to a texture(color buffer), it then gets transfered to the framebuffer with the function GX_DisplayTransfer inside sf2d_end_frame. You can modify the source a little to allow different color buffers as targets. And reuse them. You can also do a reverse display transfer to copy the framebuffer into a texture.

Reactions: xerpi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1