Homebrew as CIA freezes at boot

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ThatBenderGuy, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ThatBenderGuy
    OP

ThatBenderGuy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    So I am currently working on just a generic testing homebrew and every time I install it as a CIA to my homemenu it just freezes on the boot animation (The 3DS logo with the red pulses). I am using makerom to compile my cia file.

Here is my main.c
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

my Makefile

and my rsf file

my only guesses is that something's not right in either my RSF file or my main.c

Last edited by ThatBenderGuy, Sep 1, 2016
  2. ksanislo

ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2016
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    So, I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here, but you might want to consider using Steveice10's buildtools package to make your elf/3dsx/cia all at once, you can basically just throw the buildtools folder along side your source folder, and then grab the Makefile from FBI's source and tweak it to set your own name/developer info/titleid and lib requirements. It will make the building of the cia super easy and you can be sure that it's not part of the problem

As for the freeze on startup, you may want to try starting from one of the known working non-sf2d examples, something like https://github.com/devkitPro/3ds-examples/blob/master/graphics/bitmap/24bit-color/source/main.c

And then move on to the fancier stuff after you've got things working.

3. ThatBenderGuy
    OP

ThatBenderGuy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    I tried moving buildtools to the same folder that my source folder is in, used FBI's make file and get this error

Code:
    E:\3DS_Stuff\HB_Dev\FirstProject>make
    fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
    build/source/main.o
    In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:19:0,
                     from source/main.c:1:
    c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/synchronization.h:6:22: fatal error: sys/lock.h: No such file or directory
     #include <sys/lock.h>
                          ^
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [build/source/main.o] Error 1

Last edited by ThatBenderGuy, Sep 2, 2016