Homebrew [RELEASE] BAX - Boot animations for your 3DS!

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a version of this with an actual UI instead of just being a command line thingy? i am god-awful with using Powershell/CMD and Python and whatnot to run programs, so this would be immeasurably helpful

rolenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also do errors happen this often with you guys, nearly ever other time it works it could have an error so its usually ends up being best to only have 1 bax in even if you can have more because it feels impossible to ejoy it as much with 3 times the erros occurring. (also yeah i have a little black spot on my 3ds not even my brother who caused it knows how it got there)
20200916_064241.jpg
. ( when having several in

Shermanthegerman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so when I try to use BAX the animation just doesn't happen? I turn on my o3DS and it just boots to the home screen. I've put 'BAX.firm' on the root of my SD card and moved 'boot.firm' to 'D:\bax\'. I put my animation file in 'D:\bax\' as well.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, so when I try to use BAX the animation just doesn't happen? I turn on my o3DS and it just boots to the home screen. I've put 'BAX.firm' on the root of my SD card and moved 'boot.firm' to 'D:\bax\'. I put my animation file in 'D:\bax\' as well.
Rename that 'BAX.firm' file as 'boot.firm'

Reactions: Wolfvak and peteruk

Groupix05

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I remade the Smash shing at the start of Smash4 intro in BAX animation (just like this but without the sound because idk how to put sound) Here it is if someone want it

Attachments

• ShingSmash.zip
    4 MB · Views: 71

SepricRedhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i did was install fastboot on FIRM0 and then set up the multiple boot slots worked just fine after but still cant figure out how to use the conversion program

SepricRedhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please make a monster hunter boot screen inspired by the opening cinematic for the Monster Hunter 3ds games? I'm not versed enough in this stuff to be able to know how to or possibly even have the processing power to make one on my pc.

Last edited by SepricRedhead,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone ever find a way to implement sound into these custom boot animations. I know that besides BAX there was another boot animation intro option we could use to implement boot animations into the 3DS (BootAnim9), but the same thing was said over there: that it should be possible to be implemented eventually, but in both cases, this was claimed years ago, and I've not seen any indication it was ever added.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Did anyone ever find a way to implement sound into these custom boot animations. I know that besides BAX there was another boot animation intro option we could use to implement boot animations into the 3DS (BootAnim9), but the same thing was said over there: that it should be possible to be implemented eventually, but in both cases, this was claimed years ago, and I've not seen any indication it was ever added.
there's some research on how sound works (afaik csnd block only, no dsp support yet) that is used for open_agb_firm but the complexity of adding it here is waaay too high, plus whenever I look at my old code I cringe at some points, I'd have to rewrite the whole thing from scratch. might be doable but I haven't really looked at it, plus this is a really old project that 'just worked' as is.

There is no one who attempted it yet as far as i know. The complexity is very high and OP likely abandoned this project.
yeah, half abandoned, not gonna lie, but I still check in from time to time. at first I had ideas to keep a server that'd host animations and stuff but then everyone lost interest in the 3DS and whatnot, not a huge deal anyway, its great to see people still actually using it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1