ROM Hack [Release] Basic Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor

Zefyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow those high rank monsters get absolutely obliterated by 2988 attack dinovaldo... I've yet seen one that could take more than 2 hits.
swept all 50 levels of the battle tower and the relic maze/teostra/kushala
This game....

hi! since i cannot send private messages can i ask you to hack me a dinovaldo please? I have difficulty to go on and i need it ;__;

Attachments

• MHS.rar
    17 KB · Views: 320

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About Talismans

Credit goes to the [Chinese thread]

Offset is 0x7210 w.r.t the beginning of the file
Each talisman occupies 0x30

from 0x7210:
05 00 XX 00 01 00 is a fixed pattern(?Not sure) where XX is the ID of the talisman.
In the image: 05 00 38 00 01 00 is "Fire Resist Low Talisman"
Note: the ID != the skill. ID is what's displayed in the game as the "name".

from 0x7230:
00 00 00 00 AA 00 00 00 XX 04 YY 04
AA is the rarity where 00 = R1, 01 = R2, 02 = R3...
XX = 1st skill, YY = 2nd skill
In the image: AB 04 CC 04, skill1 = fire resistant large, skill2 = element attack up large
It's a huge project to test out all the talisman skills. Stay patient.

Important note:
It seems that the order of talismans in the save file is determined by the order in which you obtained them not the displayed order in the box.

15291195ppddvrdxvox8v9.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi! since i cannot send private messages can i ask you to hack me a dinovaldo please? I have difficulty to go on and i need it ;__;
Go to the egg managing cat and combine the hacked egg fragments. The combined egg should hatch dinovaldo.

Attachments

• MHS.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by secXsQuared,

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all o/

Seen a few people looking for a save editor for Stories and I'd been meaning to throw something hex editory together for a while now, so I made this. All it does is max your money and Potions. It could be edited to do more if people tell me the offsets. I might mess with it a little more later, but it seems usable now, albeit with little to no error checking, so back up your save. Just make sure the mhr_game0.sav is in the same folder as the executable and there shouldn't be any issues...

I ain't taking no responsibility if your game breaks because you want to cheat.

Anyway, it's written in C++. I used system("pause") so it'll only work on Windows lol. I think that's everything now! The exe is attached to the post, and the sauce can be found here.

Lemme know any issues and I'll try to help <3

Edit: Not sure where save editors are supposed to go if I'm honest. I was torn between here and 3DS Homebrew, but since the Hyrule Warriors Legends one resides here, I decided to stick this here too. Shout at me and/or report the post if I got it wrong!

Misc findings on the save data structure can be found here if you're interested: https://pastebin.com/Afnrd2i0

It would be great if we could gather the fragmented information in this thread and put it in the front page. There is quite a lot, certainly enough to make a half decent save editor. Pretty sure there will be a save editor very soon. I will try to make a save format wiki about MHST this weekend. Will keep this thread updated

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be great if we could gather the fragmented information in this thread and put it in the front page. There is quite a lot, certainly enough to make a half decent save editor. Pretty sure there will be a save editor very soon. I will try to make a save format wiki about MHST this weekend. Will keep this thread updated
In the process of it friendo <3

Genshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Okay..I'm using windows 8..I want to learn how and what should i do to edit save file..it will on .sav right?..and also..what I need to do?..and..can you help me get the glavenus/dinovaldo

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay..I'm using windows 8..I want to learn how and what should i do to edit save file..it will on .sav right?..and also..what I need to do?..and..can you help me get the glavenus/dinovaldo

You just need a hex editor. I'm using HxD. Pretty neat and handy.

Hello @secXsQuared silly question, can you look into my save and add a dinovaldo, deviljho, and a bracy egg to my save. Thank you
I can't hack you a deviljho and a bracy egg since I'm not sure how those work yet.

For dino, check my previous post and follow the instruction there.

Crussade666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well im a dumb with hex stuff, but can you please give me a dinovaldo, since i've read your previous tread its possible. :bow:

stfb1055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would love to see weapon editor. to increase dmg or hack those aliments like sleep, bomb, para, and etc and make it very easy to inflict those aliment on the monsters. cuz i would love to see sleepy monsters is sleepy from mh4u. lmao!

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would love to see weapon editor. to increase dmg or hack those aliments like sleep, bomb, para, and etc and make it very easy to inflict those aliment on the monsters. cuz i would love to see sleepy monsters is sleepy from mh4u. lmao!

I'm afraid that it's unlikely to happen since all weapons stats are hardcoded in the monster series game. 4U was possible since there were random stat relics.

Well im a dumb with hex stuff, but can you please give me a dinovaldo, since i've read your previous tread its possible. :bow:
Working on something right now. Will get back to you once it's done.

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: Finished the ItemSet for all items except for key items x999. Check my previous post for the actual executable.

Important note: I have yet figured out how to trigger the "unlock" mechanism in game. Doesn't seem like holding the item unlocks its corresponding weapon/armor crafting quests.

EDIT: I can't figure out how to unlock the crafting quests except for obtaining materials in Battle/in game. For now I'm changing to quantity to 986x so people don't get stuck. Maybe modifying quest availability bits helps.

Last edited by secXsQuared,

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update2:
Many people are asking for the DLC Dinovaldo. I will make an editor and hopefully combine all functionalities into that. I absolutely SUCK at UI so prepare for some commandline stuff.

I will NOT make an editor that does everything because I don't really have much time after the fall break (screw you exams/assignments). What I'm making is just a temporary solution...

Wait for this. I'll get this done later today.

Reactions: iDropOut

mana_ran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: Finished the ItemSet for all items except for key items x999. Check my previous post for the actual executable.

Important note: I have yet figured out how to trigger the "unlock" mechanism in game. Doesn't seem like holding the item unlocks its corresponding weapon/armor crafting quests.

Is it possible that it unlocks by hunting the corresponding monster at least once? From what I've played, even if there isn't enough material (points) to finish the crafting quest, those quest still pops up. For example, I hunted a random Gendrome for the first time in a non-story random encounter and its crafting quest immediately appears (albeit I didn't have enough stuff to make them).

Of course I will have gained 'some' material after I hunted it, but if holding the item like above doesn't do the trick - this is the only other option I can think of.

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible that it unlocks by hunting the corresponding monster at least once? From what I've played, even if there isn't enough material (points) to finish the crafting quest, those quest still pops up. For example, I hunted a random Gendrome for the first time in a non-story random encounter and its crafting quest immediately appears (albeit I didn't have enough stuff to make them).

Of course I will have gained 'some' material after I hunted it, but if holding the item like above doesn't do the trick - this is the only other option I can think of.
Yes it's possible as long as you obtain some items. However, if you are already holding 999x a certain material, obtaining new instances does not seem to trigger the unlocking. Therefore I changed the quantity to 986x each.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1