Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it seems older plugins needs to be done. when I enable dayviewer.prx plugin, my psp was straight up crashed as soon as i hit the exit on recovery menu. cxmb.prx plugin doesnt work too no crashing but it doesnt load the plugin.

Tested it myself, cxmb.prx works fine, but dayviewer.prx (v7) crashes the system when it's trying to load the VHS.

dayviewer_game.prx also crashes the system

Last edited by FPSUsername,

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By the way, the plugin list in the recovery isn't scrolling with the number of plugins that I have.
It would also be nice if we could use L/R in the recovery to switch between settings and plugins.

R2ijmkc.jpg

Extended OSK v2 is also crashing the system while starting up a game (blue exception screen but without text)

Reactions: Acid_Snake

James01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested it myself, cxmb.prx works fine, but dayviewer.prx (v7) crashes the system when it's trying to load the VHS.

dayviewer_game.prx also crashes the system
oof sorry about that i will test it again.

EDIT: [OFFTOPIC] @FPSUsername in-game dayviewer v7 also crashes on 6.61 LME 2.3 thats bizzare. maybe the plugin was just poorly made.

Last edited by James01,

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oof sorry about that i will test it again.

EDIT: [OFFTOPIC] @FPSUsername in-game dayviewer v7 also crashes on 6.61 LME 2.3 thats bizzare. maybe the plugin was just poorly made.

Dayviewer works fine on LME for me, but dayviewer game isn't working. Perhaps it's a 6.60 plugin that just doesn't work well on 6.61.

I would actually suggest using spoofer 0.7.1 (you can find it in the 101 plugins pack here).
It works fine on ARK-4, see here:

dtdlhXc.jpg

Reactions: James01

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
By the way, the plugin list in the recovery isn't scrolling with the number of plugins that I have.
It would also be nice if we could use L/R in the recovery to switch between settings and plugins.

R2ijmkc.jpg

Extended OSK v2 is also crashing the system while starting up a game (blue exception screen but without text)
I'll check this out. As for other plugins, it's important to know how they behave with other CFWs (primarily PRO), to know if it's really an issue with ARK or an issue with the plugin itself. Also some plugins are highly sensitive and only work with certain system settings (some plugins only work well with english language and such).

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll check this out. As for other plugins, it's important to know how they behave with other CFWs (primarily PRO), to know if it's really an issue with ARK or an issue with the plugin itself. Also some plugins are highly sensitive and only work with certain system settings (some plugins only work well with english language and such).

Hmm, unfortunately, I don't use PRO at all, since LME has the same features really, but I could install it along LME if I'm correct and switch between them with infinity.

Anyhow, out of interest, I took a quick look into the Extended OSK plugin, but my C skills aren't advanced enough to understand exactly what the program does.

By the way, just an addition, but would it be possible to have the VHS/XMB theme background or a custom background in the recovery?

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hmm, unfortunately, I don't use PRO at all, since LME has the same features really, but I could install it along LME if I'm correct and switch between them with infinity.

Anyhow, out of interest, I took a quick look into the Extended OSK plugin, but my C skills aren't advanced enough to understand exactly what the program does.
LME should be fine too, I just want to know how well the plugin does on 6.60 in general to avoid searching for issues that aren't related to the CFW.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ah okay. I'm on 6.61 though, and I don't really want to switch to 6.60.
From my experience there's barely any difference between 6.60 and 6.61, they only patched one kernel exploit in 6.61 (and it wasn't even the one we were using in 6.60, dumb Sony), nothing else has changed from what I've seen (not even patch offsets).

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

R2ijmkc.jpg

I've fixed this in a new release, you should be able to scroll fine now, among other fixes.
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r86

As for L/R button to navigate through menus, while it's a good idea, it limits the buttons each individual menu has, this is specially an issue with the file browser that uses the L button to bring up options. I will think about it though as it could be a nice feature.

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've fixed this in a new release, you should be able to scroll fine now, among other fixes.
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r86

As for L/R button to navigate through menus, while it's a good idea, it limits the buttons each individual menu has, this is specially an issue with the file browser that uses the L button to bring up options. I will think about it though as it could be a nice feature.

By the way, I noticed that you show the full path of the plugin in the plugin list. LME recovery only shows the file name, which is somewhat nicer imo (perhaps a toggle between them in the settings would be nice).

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Reactions: FPSUsername

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh yes, that's really good. Did you also ready my edit on changing the background in the recovery?
You can change all of the graphics and icons of the launcher and recovery by replacing the DATA.PKG file with your own.
Here's two sample folders containing all the graphics the menu uses:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/tree/main/extras/menus/arkMenu/resources
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/tree/main/extras/menus/arkMenu/resources2

And here's the script to generate a DATA.PKG from the resources folder:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/blob/main/extras/menus/arkMenu/pkg.py

Process is simple: make your own resources folder with your custom graphics (try to keep the same aspect ratio as the originals) and run the script file to generate DATA.PKG

Reactions: FPSUsername

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool, I made my own theme and it looks really neat. I did notice that the settings and exit text aren't centered (and that it uses SETTINGS.PNG for all categories). Other than that, it's good.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cool, I made my own theme and it looks really neat. I did notice that the settings and exit text aren't centered (and that it uses SETTINGS.PNG for all categories). Other than that, it's good.
Can you share it here for other users?
I will work on being able to have more than one theme installed and switch it on the menu's configuration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: