Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Works, thanks. If I backup both configuration files, will they work with a new build, because recovery menu settings do, but custom launcher ones are reset. I assume that's due to the additions. Is that correct. When an option is added, you need to redo settings? Btw, no bugs I could find. :D
yeah when settings change it invalidates previous one, Maybe sure you are using the last build I most recently uploaded that fixes the scrollbar (if it works on the game menu, you got the latest build).

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah when settings change it invalidates previous one, Maybe sure you are using the last build I most recently uploaded that fixes the scrollbar (if it works on the game menu, you got the latest build).
I installed rev2 of the latest version, not the latest commit. Too many updates. :P

JaegerFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
(VITA) I played DJ Max Black Square unpatched dump and in Adrenaline I played with the anti piracy glitches that this game causes, but when using ARK the game was deleted.
there is a plugin for PSP called CFW Folder Blocker, which helps to avoid these problems,
I have not tested in PRO/ME if this game deletes the ISO folder, but in Adrenaline it has not happened to me.
is there a way to integrate this without the need for a plugin?

Last edited by JaegerFox,

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
(VITA) I played DJ Max Black Square unpatched dump and in Adrenaline I played with the anti piracy glitches that this game causes, but when using ARK the game was deleted.
there is a plugin for PSP called CFW Folder Blocker, which helps to avoid these problems,
I have not tested in PRO/ME if this game deletes the ISO folder, but in Adrenaline it has not happened to me.
Yeah it should be possible, I'll check it out.

Reactions: JaegerFox

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Try this build:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/v1661351140

Edit: the patch are always applied automatically, no need to enable/disable anything.

Last edited by Acid_Snake,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New release:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r1811

• Added patch to hide CFW folders in retail games.
  • Extra memory is now automatically unlocked for homebrews that are compatible.
  • Fixed bug in Inferno Driver.
updated, no bugs I found, but I do have two suggestions: could you make it to where the vsh plugins are used when exiting a game, primarily time ones like the picture below, and could you had a clock speed for over/underclocking to the vsh menu? as the Beatles song goes, it looks like it's getting better, getting better all the time, considering you do listen to people who use your cfw. :)

20220824_123942.jpg

Reactions: Acid_Snake

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I mean is showing a full clock when exiting a game both in xmb and custom launcher. also, as the over/under clock goes, I mean clock speeds just like the other cfws have. thanks for all the time you've spent with this.

Reactions: Acid_Snake

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
what I mean is showing a full clock when exiting a game both in xmb and custom launcher. also, as the over/under clock goes, I mean clock speeds just like the other cfws have. thanks for all the time you've spent with this.
I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by this, but isn't this functionality available via plugins?

For example if you want full CPU/BUS control like in classic CFW I recommend you use Custom Firmware Extender, it's an excellent plugin with many features and a really nice looking GUI that integrates nicely with ARK's phylosophy of being simplistic and extendable. The plugin will also work everywhere (VSH, Game, Pops, etc) and comes with other goodies like RemoteJoy, USB stuff, etc.

The VSH menu on the other hand is probably the last piece of old classic CFW in ARK, I don't really like the GUI as it feels old and outdated and the codebase is horrendous and hard to maintain, which is why I simplified it so it looks better and only use it as an entry point for actual ARK tools like the custom launcher and recovery menu. It's also not part of the core CFW like in classic CFW, but just an external PRX in the savedata folder.

One thing some user was experimenting with was XMBControl, and I might go back to that if there's enough interesting features that can be added to ARK with it.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just built it, is this right? I got a vsh.cfg but no game.cfg.

View attachment 324123
No idea I don't compile it, I usually just google for a build. This is what the game.cfg I have contains:

Code:
default_cpu_speed = 333;
default_brightness = 99;
button_combo = "NOTE";
button_menu = "R";
button_screenshot = "SCREEN";
button_cpu_plus = "UP";
button_cpu_minus = "DOWN";
button_brightness_plus = "LEFT";
button_brightness_minus = "RIGHT";
button_music_menu = "VOL_UP";
capture_folder = "ms0:/PICTURE";
music_folder = "ms0:/MUSIC"; # FOR PSP SLIM ONLY
# Colors in ABGR hex format
color_rectangle = 0x80ECA355;
color_rectangle_shadow = 0x02EC5D55;
color_text = 0xC0FFFFFF;
color_text_shadow = 0xFF000000;

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I didn't really understood what the issue is, does it have anything to do with dayviewer plugin?
I'm actually using the spoofer's one, where you can add in a firmware or mac spoofer. I have dayviewer though, haven't tested if it works in game, but I wanted the spoofer for mac spoofing for whenever I upload an image. btw, I can't believe this, but I had cfe on my system, just disabled. it's now enabled for vsh and game:

20220824_131419.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dayviewer won't work on game, but there's bound to be a plugin for that, there's always a plugin.
this is about the best I could do, shows time, battery level, and time left in game. I removed it from the vsh since I already have both there. there's no option for day of the week or seconds:

20220824_134532.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Translate the whole video for us...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Something about family guy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it has the auto captions
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i made myself a pizza today, that shit was mid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, atleast it wasnt that bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but i can't let a mediocre pizza bring me down, just around this time last month i made that cheesecake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it