Homebrew [RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

bekzboo12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How do I closed the app, because I press the start button that's show error..
And then when I press the home button it's stuck..

Leooogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the app doesn't open when i have a big quantity of themes, i guess 400 themes is a bit too much for it to handle

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will have to test this later. Does the BGM loop properly when shuffling themes? I've had an issue with CHMM2 and Themly where the song stops playing after a while on shuffle, but loops correctly on single theme mode

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember exactly what program it was but it was a group of programmers and it tied back into themely. i'll have to look it up.
I believe you're thinking of UnBanMii, not Themely.
can you add a feature where the app chooses 10 themes on the list at random and installs them?
Trust me, if this becomes a feature, I'll definitely be trying this out.

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't crash, it just hangs on a black screen
Hm, that's odd - I'll see if I can replicate this later.

Will have to test this later. Does the BGM loop properly when shuffling themes? I've had an issue with CHMM2 and Themly where the song stops playing after a while on shuffle, but loops correctly on single theme mode
No, I don't exactly know why this happens, just that it does.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Themely wasn't found to have any malicious code, the fact that Erman went closed source, UnBanMii was found to have malicious code, and Erman saying that he thought it was a good idea was what killed Themely. Plus, I may have to dig it up, the fact he was asking about how to brick a console with only userland access is super sketchy to me. (Yes, he did ask about that, its buried from a few months ago, I may stop being lazy and dig that back up though)
Try to find it please

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the looping BGM with shuffle thing happens when favourite themes are selected and the currently installed theme package is altered without the favourite list (the 10 maximum selected themes) being cleared first. It doesn't just affect the BGM - it can affect the body_lz.bin file (when a selected theme from the favourites is read from some kind of memory rather than the 'actual' body_lz.bin file).

If I install a cia theme package which has been compiled with Howling Tool, select 10 themes to shuffle, uninstall the entire theme package, alter body_lz.bin of the 10 themes, re-compile an identical theme package (but with the altered themes) and install it...the 10 favourite themes that will actually be displayed via shuffle mode will be the pre-altered versions - not the ones displayed if they're selected singularly / manually.

Basically, to avoid the 'bug' you need to switch the shuffle favourites to system default themes before reinstalling themes, if that makes sense.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banner.png

Today I am excited to finally announce the first official alpha release of my theme and boot splash manager,
Anemone3DS.

The features of the theme manager include:
  • Support for installing a single theme to your 3DS
  • Support for installing up to 10 shuffle themes
  • Support for previewing your themes before installing them
  • Support for installing boot splashes (Luma3DS only)
Features that weren't ready in time for the initial release, but are coming soon(TM?):
  • BGM preview through BCSTM playback
  • QR code reading to install themes from QR codes
  • Support for boot splashes on CFWs other than Luma3DS
  • Custom colors for the theme manager
  • Custom paths for the themes and splashes
  • Splash previews
  • Install BGM only
Usage:
  1. Create the /Themes/ and /Splashes/ folders on your SD card
  2. Put all of your themes in the /Themes/ folder. These can either be zips, or folders.
  3. Put all of your splashes in the /Splashes/ folder. These must be folders.
  4. Instructions for usage are available once you're in the app.
  5. One undocumented feature I forgot about and am too lazy to fix now because it's 3 AM and I'm tired as hell from working on boot splashes for the past 2 hours: pressing START will quick reboot your 3DS. This is necessary for themes to apply properly.
  6. NOTE: For the battery indicator to work properly in .3dsx format, it is required to use SM patches. Otherwise, it will display "0%"
Credits:
Too lazy to copy it here, see the Github.

Source link: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS

Download link: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS/releases/latest

Screenshot:
View attachment 97385
R.I.P Themely?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you're thinking of UnBanMii, not Themely.

Trust me, if this becomes a feature, I'll definitely be trying this out.

I agree with you that Themely being closed source is not a good thing; however, Themely is made by a different user (Themely was made by Erman, who has a bad track record anyway, while this was made by Sono). I'd actually trust Themely more if it was made by Sono rather than Erman.

That being said, I'm working on a new Theme manager that will be released soon (open source, obviously :P), so if you're concerned about using Themely stay tuned.

I don't trust Erman either

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
R.I.P Themely?
There can be multiple theme managers. I don't think this necessarily means the end of Themely. If Erman does stop updates, however, I will :switch: to Anemone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?