[RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by astronautlevel, Sep 1, 2017.

1. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    You guys shouldn't compare Themely to Anemone. It's inevitable that this app will become improved over time, it literally just started its first stages.
    Just because it doesn't have every feaure that Themely has "Yet" doesn't mean you have to be like "Themely is better, so until this app gets better I will stick to Themely"
    Just give it time, and stop comparing. It's a Theme manager of it's own right built from the ground up and I'm excited for the upcoming development.

Slattz, klear, muffydez and 3 others like this.
  2. Sonlen1414

Sonlen1414 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    United States
    It was Unbanmii, but Erman liked the idea, my last comment (which I butchered and didn't reply directly to you oops) covered that.

3. astronautlevel
    OP

astronautlevel GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Maryland
    It's a coincidence; I've been using ftpd to test this all day and have had no issues. Additionally, themely wasn't what had malware, it was unbanmii

4. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    i want to believe you.

5. astronautlevel
    OP

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Maryland
    And I want to know exactly what you're accusing me of and why. The entirety of the codebase is open source for all to read - there's not a single line of network code in there. If you don't believe me, read the code yourself.

justneet, RustInPeace, klear and 4 others like this.
  6. comput3rus3r

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    sorry man, i'm not trying to accuse you. it's just very odd to me that i had been using ftpd for hours today without a hitch and right after i installed anemone it's starts to get errors. you say it's coincidence but by definition the events coincide. but at least the possibility is known and if nobody else has any issues then it was just me. again sorry, i'm sure you work hard on this and everyone is grateful. I am too. I'm just overprotective with my privacy.

7. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    can you add a feature where the app chooses 10 themes on the list at random and installs them?

Last edited by lordkaos, Sep 1, 2017
    CodyMKW and astronautlevel like this.
  8. astronautlevel
    OP

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Maryland
    That's actually a pretty interesting idea that I hadn't considered - I'll definitely think about it :D
    It's hard not to feel accused when someone comes at you and says something like
    Just because the events happened at the same time isn't particularly relevant; correlation does not necessarily imply causation, and given no one else has had this issue and FTPD is known to be buggy, it makes me highly doubt they're related.

9. comput3rus3r

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    You're probably right. It's just that i've only recently started using ftpd and have had that happen 0 times. and in the 15 mins i had anemone installed it happened like 5 times. after I restored my nand it didn't happen again. try to see where i'm coming from.

10. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    United States
    We can see where you are coming from but this is open source if you think it is this causing it look into the code there is no malware in it

astronautlevel likes this.
  11. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Creator of themes for 3DS

Feb 1, 2015
    Brazil
    Finally, you have created the official topic.

12. CrazyButtStabber

CrazyButtStabber Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    United States
    Silly noob here, but does this require cfw to use?

13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    No it does not, but to use splash screens, you need CFW.

CrazyButtStabber likes this.
  14. pilladoll

pilladoll GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2004
    Mexico
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Nope, just homebrew launcher. But only with themes

CrazyButtStabber likes this.
  15. Jubash

Jubash GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2014
    Brazil
    This is great, @astronautlevel! I was waiting for your homebrew before toying with themes again
    Is there any chance that you make Anemone display themes in alphabetical order and/or generate an icon for themes without one? Like Themely does? I'm a sucker for pretty things...
    An option to install themes without their BGM would also be great

Either way, I will follow this project as closely as possible, thank you for the great work!

Last edited by Jubash, Sep 2, 2017
  16. Sonlen1414

Sonlen1414 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    United States
    Correlation does not equal causation, this is the very definition of that. I can't reproduce that issue.

17. Soulsilve2010

Soulsilve2010 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 3, 2016
    United States
    United States,Indiana
    I still got a problem with installing themes,splashes install fine but themes give me a crash and home menu turns white with no theme.Another theme manager can install my themes fine.

18. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    One more request, text read from a file so they can be translated to any language :)

Crashes here mainly appear if you install a theme, then press home button and Close the app. Did you try installing a theme and then pressing Start? What's your firmware and stuff?

Last edited by Manurocker95, Sep 2, 2017
  19. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Question: what do you guys use to build your own themes these days? Because the themes I made seem to be too old for either Anemone or Themely to properly format.

Also, regarding splash screens. I'm running Luma and Boot9Strap. How would I create these? I'd love to know if you've got a tutorial handy.

20. AtlasFontaine

AtlasFontaine GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 18, 2015
    Venezuela
    Venezuela-Zulia.
    I believe this is what people use for making themes https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-usagi-3ds-theme-editor-net-library-testers-wanted.412233/