Homebrew RELEASE [RELEASE] Amiga Emulator UAE4All2 for Switch

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Many thanks for your hard work, dude.

I cant run hdf and whdload files. always get a dark grey screen. adf files are working.

My favourit game is Dune II. There are 6 adf files. How can i play it?

Last edited by nintendowii,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Savestates fixed in version 1.73 for Switch:
https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

1.73 (Switch only)
  • Fix savestates on Switch
Quick tests, seems to be working great, thanks! I did have to change the location setting for save states from "Same as Rom" to "Saves Folder", otherwise it said file not found when I tried to load. Just looked and the file wasn't created in the same location as the rom. That was using save state 0, but I just tested again with save state 2 and it did create the file next to the rom and did load it again successfully. Weird.
I can save and load the auto save state, but it doesn't load automatically when starting the emulation.

Very minor thing, the title of the main menu window is "UAE4ALL Vita" :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How can I reduce the loading times ? Is there a fast forward function ?
There's a setting under "Harddisk and Memory Options" to increase the Floppy Speed, but it didn't seem to make a difference for the one game I tried (Rock'n Roll). You can also look into getting the whdload versions of games, which load much faster from a virtual hard disk.

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States

I cant run hdf and whdload files. always get a dark grey screen. adf files are working.

It sounds like you are trying to boot hdf files using the default A500 configuration.

For hdf files, you have to
- first select the Amiga 1200 configuration, by selecting "A1200" in the main menu.
- also make sure NO .adf is inserted into any of the floppy slots. All floppy slots should be empty.
- go to hard disk options, insert the hdf into slot #1
- select Boot HD: FILE1
- go back to main menu, and press R
- Your game should boot and load much faster from .hdf than .adf.

Thanks for your testing
How can I run whdload games?

Your best bet is trying to find some of the preinstalled .hdf files that have WHDLoad already installed. There are packages with one .hdf per game that seem to work pretty well.

Keep in mind only .hdf files SMALLER than 2GB are supported in the emulator.

royvedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have it up and running and it seems great. I don't know how to get .hdf files working. I have tried to do what was suggested - I just get the AmigaDOS screen. Any suggestions?

Another thing - is there a way to not make the home button quit the emulator - it is easy to accidentially push. Is there a way to get the emulator to stay resident in memory so it can be returned to?

Stgrant44

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi was wondering if anyone could help I have this set up and looking forward to some old style games, everything looks OK kickstarter Ron's are in the correct place and named correctly however when I try to run any game I just get prompted to enter the 1.3 kickstarter disk in the drive, I have tried different versions of the rom incase it is currupt but same issue, any help would be apreciated

ciskohansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi was wondering if anyone could help I have this set up and looking forward to some old style games, everything looks OK kickstarter Ron's are in the correct place and named correctly however when I try to run any game I just get prompted to enter the 1.3 kickstarter disk in the drive, I have tried different versions of the rom incase it is currupt but same issue, any help would be apreciated
I have the same problem with HDF, adf files run
I have it up and running and it seems great. I don't know how to get .hdf files working. I have tried to do what was suggested - I just get the AmigaDOS screen. Any suggestions?

Another thing - is there a way to not make the home button quit the emulator - it is easy to accidentially push. Is there a way to get the emulator to stay resident in memory so it can be returned to?
I have the same problem with HDF, adf files run fine.

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States

For hdf files use A1200 config preset.
I have the same problem with HDF, adf files run

I have the same problem with HDF, adf files run fine.

I am not sure, but maybe you are inserting .hdf into floppy slots? .hdf have to inserted into the hdf slots in the hard disc sub-menu.

For hdf files to work, first of all use the A1200 preset configuration (not A500). Then use the "Memory and Harddisc submenu" to insert your .hdf file into hdf slot 1 (not hd dir, and not floppy slot 1 in main menu). Then also set "Boot HD" to "File1" (not "Off" or "Dir"). This selects the first hdf slot to boot from.

If it still doesn't boot, you should get at least a purple OS 3.1 screen with an animated disk, and not the white screen with the blue 1.3 disk. If you get the white screen with blue 1.3 disk, you are still booting a A500, not A1200 config.

If you get the purple OS3.1 screen, and your .hdf file does not boot, you file might not be bootable. Not all .hdf files are bootable. Sometimes, they are designed to be used in pairs, with a bootable .hdf file in slot 1, and a second, non-bootable hdf file in slot 2.

In that case, just look again and try to find a pre-made collection of bootable .hdf files, one per game. Those collections are by far the easiest-to-use.

I will try to post pictures of my own config with working .hdf files later today.

There's also a size restriction: .hdf files have to be smaller than 2 gb.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which game are you trying to run, and is it an .adf file for sure? .zip, .adz, of .ipf files are NOT supported. Are you inserting the .adf into the first floppy slot in the main menu?

It helps to know which game, because some games require an Amiga 1200 to boot correctly (you can switch between A500 and A1200 in the main menu).

Make sure your files are not corrupt. exFAT SDCard maybe? If yes, try to copy over fresh .adf files into your roms folder, and make sure the archive flag is not set on the roms folder or your files on the sdCard. It shouldn't show the "a" attribute in Windows. Switch cannot read folders with the "a" attribute.

Last edited by rsn8887,

Stgrant44

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to waste your time, my fault the games files I have are ipf, I will need to source the proper type, thanks for your help

saulopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The "Warning!!! This is not a standard bootblock !!!" feature is kinda annyoing and i wish there is a way to disable that check. It pops up all the time and ruined me some disks allready. Especially when I first used it and did not know what was Left/Right mouse button. You can pass it with RIGHT TRIGGER tho.

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh? Such a warning is not part of the emulator. This is purely something on the bootblock of your .adf files and/or inside your kickXX.rom bios files. It sounds to me like you are using a patched kick13.rom which does some bootblock check. The original Amiga bios did not do this. It could also be something on your .adf files that performs this check.

Maybe try the official unmodified Amiga kickxx.rom files, and/or different .adf files? For .adf files, I recommend the files from Gamebase Amiga. For kickxx.rom, you just have to find the correct files somewhere.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: Lineacero

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it possible to add an option to let the emulated CPU run as fast as possible rather than stick to the emulated speed? WinUAE uses this by default and it helps games like Alien Breed 3D II (which runs badly on genuine unexpanded hardware) run better.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh my God, it is happening ! Thank you so much to all people involved in this, my dream comes true thanks to you guys. I will test it next week, cannot wait to play Lotus Esprit 2, Lemmings, Shadow of the Beast, Alien breed 2 and other hundreds of good old games.
Do not forget, only Amiga makes it possible ! :)

Reactions: rsn8887

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to add an option to let the emulated CPU run as fast as possible rather than stick to the emulated speed? WinUAE uses this by default and it helps games like Alien Breed 3D II (which runs badly on genuine unexpanded hardware) run better.

Adding higher speeds that are twice 28 MHz and maybe even quadruple would be very easy. It might even work already by manually editing the correct line in a config file.

Auto-cpu speed might be a bit harder.

Reactions: Lineacero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...