Hacking [Release] 3DSafe: In-NAND PIN lock for 3DS

Gamer4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi yall again! :)

ok i had success of this on an eu n3ds in the past and am now trying it on a n3ds with luma and a9lh [japanese] - so all files are in the correct folders etc, problem is when trying to update and load the payloads via safea9lhinstaller, i get an error message that firm1.bin is either corrupt or invalid.

so, what is going on? thx

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi yall again! :)

ok i had success of this on an eu n3ds in the past and am now trying it on a n3ds with luma and a9lh [japanese] - so all files are in the correct folders etc, problem is when trying to update and load the payloads via safea9lhinstaller, i get an error message that firm1.bin is either corrupt or invalid.

so, what is going on? thx
I'm pretty sure it says that with this program because it's a different file size

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Boot9Strap doesn't support 3dsafe for obvious reasons. With Mashers gone from the scene, this amazing little bit of software is dead. Fml. Guess I'm not upgrading to B9S for a while....
Quick question: I used 3DSafe for a while but jumped on the sighax boot9strap hype train. Is Luma's PIN feature objectively worse?

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: I used 3DSafe for a while but jumped on the sighax boot9strap hype train. Is Luma's PIN feature objectively worse?
Yes, it can be bypassed. However, I'm pretty sure the average user wouldn't be able to bypass it (people who aren't in to 3DS hacking)... I updated too, it was nice knowing you 3DSafe!

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Here's what I used. Place the payloads from the release.7z file into the a9lh folder on the root of your SD card and then when entering your PIN, hold the last key. Then press whatever key is listed to open SA9LHI, and "update" your A9LH installation.
Thanks, it work and i can install B9S now ;)

Thanks a lot :P

Rip 3DSafe, I was actually too late to get it in the first place, but maybe someone will create a better version :D
Yes rip :(

Reactions: hurrz

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I used. Place the payloads from the release.7z file into the a9lh folder on the root of your SD card and then when entering your PIN, hold the last key. Then press whatever key is listed to open SA9LHI, and "update" your A9LH installation.

Ah, didn't realize it had that installer built in. This has been added as a temporary hotfix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay